All reviews the main square old town sao francisco colonial style large bottle of water rooms are beautifully decorated antique furniture fine food room called plunge pool highly recommend this hotel stay somewhere else fruit fantastic location rooftop terrace three nights historic centre of salvador
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

First I love that the airport transportation was on time to pick me as promised. Santiago, Front desk came to the taxi to grab my luggage and quickly checked me into the Calicut room. He also recommended a great restaurant near the hotel for dinner.

The room was very spacious and facing the main square and Sao Francisco church. The bathroom was just as spacious with a big tub and separate shower. I love the unique room decor and everything was well thought out. The hotel provides a large bottle of water and there is a minibar for purchased snacks and drinks. My only problem was the air conditioner wouldn’t go lower than 22c so the first night was very warm in the room.

The hotel is perfectly located in the old city and near lots of sites, restaurants and shops. There’s music every night in the square until 10 which I loved. However I could see that being a challenge for guest that go to bed early. Also the WiFi isn’t the best but just ok.

I’m not a fan of breakfast buffets so I thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast with delicious fruits, breads/cake, tea, yogurt/granola and eggs to order. For dinner I dined at the hotel restaurant, the service was great and food very good but it was very pricey.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay and would stay again. The hotel staff was really nice and helpful.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

I stayed in the hotel for three nights on a Brasil vacation. The house is very charmy in a colonial style. The staff is friendly and helpful and the hotel is decorated with antique furniture. My room, strangely designated "Nagasaki", which is the only less tasteful thing I encountered in the hotel, has a Terrasse with an overview over the old town. The room was spacey with a large bathroom. The TV hidden in a cabinet was never turned on by me. The central location of the hotel in the Pelourinho is a big advantage for walks and for taking the close by elevator to the lower part of the city.
Breakfast is rich, no buffet, but everybody gets their own abundant serving with eggs on demand. The stay in the hotel was pleasant and should I ever return to Salvador, I know where to stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Reinhard H
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Villa Bahia hotel is really beautiful, it has colonial style and every detail in the hotel supports this style.
Rooms are spacious and very cozy.
We stayed here for one night during our honeymoon and the hotel prepared for us a free bottle of very good champagne, which was very pleasant.
The hotel has small but very beautiful roof terrace and also small pool in the inner yard.
The stuff at the front desk was very welcoming and friendly. We asked for a late check out and had it with no issues.
Breakfast is special - they just bring to your table everything: fruit, granola with yogurt, variety of breads with jam and butter, omelette, coffee, juice, etc. We personally prefer the open buffet were you choose yourself what you will eat, but this breakfast was also good.
The only disappointing point about this hotel was the weak wifi in the rooms - it barely worked.
Hotel is situated on the most central square of Pelourinho, which provides the beautiful view from the windows, however might be noisy at night.

Overall we were very happy with our stay at Villa Bahia and would recommend to everyone.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2018

The hotel is right next to the Sao Francisco Cathedral in the center of the Pelourinho (historic center). The hotel is nice with an interesting colonial theme and very good breakfast. The views from the roof are nice and the staff were very friendly. They also spoke English well.

HOWEVER, we unintentionally visited during the main weekend of the Sao Joao festival. There was a stage 5 meters from our room with speakers blasting past 2am. Making things worse, the sound tech had no idea what he was doing (he is probably deaf after years of not understanding how speakers and amplification works) and there was awful reverb and sound clipping (distortion in the signal from the amplifier to the speaker making the sound signals go above the maximum amplifier levels). Because of the colonial theme, the colonial era windows did not block out any noise. So this made sleeping very challenging.

Overall, I would stay here again as long as it is a different time than the Sao Joao Festival. During Sao Joao, stay somewhere else.

Room tip: Rooms not facing the street are best.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Hotel villa Bahia is a chic boutique hotel in the heart of the colonial zone of Salvador. Walking around the hotel makes you feel like you have gone back into time. We stayed in the room called Goa aka best room in the hotel with views of the main square. All the rooms are themed and named after former Portuguese colonies. The breakfast is amazing and a great way to start the day. Thanks to all the staff that made us feel so welcome. Special thanks to Santiago for being so helpful.

Date of stay: May 2018