See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 February 2018

I recently stayed at Hotel Cruz do Pascoal for a week during my trip to Salvador. I was very pleased with the hotel for the following reasons:

1. Good location – it’s in the heart of the old town and near plenty of bars / restaurants. However, it is LESS noisy and crowded than other nearby hotels
2. Clean – the hotel is well-maintained with daily housekeeping / towel service
3. Accommodations – the hotel provides a lovely Brazilian breakfast every day from a friendly staff

This is not an American style hotel but great as a Brazilian Bed and Breakfast!

Room Tip: Don't stay on the Lobby level - try to book a room upstairs or downstairs
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

It is an excellent location with very nice and spotless rooms as well as a good breakfast. The staff had helpful tips about transport, laundry etc. Really enjoyed the stay there... would always come back!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Hotel Cruz do Pascoal is a fantastic hotel in the Santo Antonio neighborhood of Salvador - about a 8-10 minute walk to Pelourinho. I truly enjoyed my week-long stay! The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The A/C worked. The staff was extremely friendly, and the daily breakfasts were delicious! There is a little convenience store right next store if you need to stock up on snacks, water, toiletries, etc. There are also a few fantastic restaurants right around the corner from the hotel. It's a great place to stay while exploring this amazing city!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

Our group had a very comfortable stay here. It is in a great location, within walking distance to many things. Breakfast was very delightful and staff was extremely accommodating. Juvan went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service including translating for us and giving directions to recommended attractions. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Juvan Batista J, Gerente at Hotel Cruz do Pascoal, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2016

Dear Alicia, thank you very much to share your experience here at TripAdvisor.

We are so glad to know that your stay in our hotel and in Salvador town has exceeded your expectations. We really appreciate all your comments, also about the location. Thank you very much again for your attention and time to evaluate and share your opinion. Will be a pleasure welcome you again in our hotel!

Best regards,

Juvan Batista | Manager

Reviewed 23 October 2016

I stayed at Hotel Cruz do Pascoal for one week (7 days, 6 nights). The hotel was apparently recently renovated but I'm not sure when exactly those renovations took place. Nevertheless, the hotel could still undergo a facelift. I was in room 9 and the walls had skidmarks on them. A can a paint could easily fix the cosmetic problem. Similarly, there was a dark dirt impression on the wall that formed the shape of the bed. Soap and water and a fresh can of paint could also fix this problem.

Aside from the cosmetic problems, the hotel was experiencing others while I was a guest there. During my stay, the elevator stopped functioning for two days. Ordinarily, I take the stairs so this is not normally an issue. However, it was not working on my last day there and I had to lug three heavy suitcases down three flights of stairs in a building that lacks air conditioning outside of the hotel rooms. When a hotel employee saw me struggling, she called the guy at the front desk to help with the last (and heaviest) suitcase.

One thing I will NEVER forget is the incessant noise I heard during my stay. I had the fortune of not having a room that faced the street. Instead, my room faced the nearby monastery and residential properties. One of the local residents whose home neighbored the hotel owned a rooster that would crow all day and night. To get a decent night of sleep, I had to sleep with my noise canceling headphones on. I could not imagine what it would be like to sleep in a room that faces the street as there is always some loud music blasting from neighboring bars, restaurants, or even cars.

I have mixed reviews about the hotel's location. On one hand, it is in an area central to lots of the tourists spots (like Mercado Modelo, Pelourinho, Fundação Casa de Jorge Amado, museums, etc.); but on the other hand, it is also in an undesirable part of town. There were stray dogs and cats everywhere. Poor people asking for drinking water, food, and money were always around the corner. And the stench of human waste was not far enough away.

If I ever return to Salvador, I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel altogether; but, if you insist on staying here don't get a room facing the street if you want a quiet night of rest.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Juvan Batista J, Gerente at Hotel Cruz do Pascoal, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Dear Mrs. Britt, good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to tell about your experience at Hotel Cruz do Pascoal.
I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Hotel Cruz do Pascoal, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Kind regards,