I could have written Ginevra's review, below. I stayed at Etnia for three nights recently, and the only sadness was that it wasn't long enough. Laura and her team did an amazing job of making us feel at home, both at the pousada and in Brazil. Within moments of arriving we were on a first name basis with everyone, and they treated us like you always wish your partner would... noticing our needs and responding to them before we asked. I was there with a friend and while I felt it could be a great couples retreat, as two single girls we felt very much at home as well.
We stayed in the pousada in the town center, which is near the quadrado, in the Gipsy room, which was spacious and full of quirky, fun touches like streams of fake flowers. It was perfect for being close to the activity in the evenings. During the day we took advantage of their sister location, Clube de Mar, which has sun beds, a bar and a full restaurant right on the beach. We walked there every day and took moto taxis back. At Clube de Mar, too, we were warmly greeted, with Lucas, Marcello and their team looking out for us and also encouraging my extremely poor Portuguese.
I, too, can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Internationally known as an oasis in the middle of the jungle and for combining comfort with unique ethnic decoration, Etnia was elected one of Brazil's four best hotels by the prestigious German publisher, Taschen, in the book 'Great Escapes of the World,' which shows a selection of the 90 best hotels around the world. It has also been featured in Hip Hotel's 'Atlas,' in Taschen's 'Great Escapes South America,' in Conde Nast Johansen's 'The Americas Recommended Hotels, Inns, Resorts & Spas' and was the winner of Elle's chic shack awards 2007. Besides getting special coverage in newspapers such as The Sunday Times and The New York Times, Etnia makes part of Andrew Harper's Clud, among others.A Swimming pool with bar and lounge, a 7000m2 garden, secured parking lot, access to the beach (15 minutes walking) and to the town (5 minutes walking), restaurant and boutique are part of the hotel’s structure. In each bungalow, a stained glass window facing a private garden makes the guests feel even more in touch with the local nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Etnia Pousada & Boutique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Etnia Pousada And Boutique
- Etnia Pousada & Boutique Hotel Trancoso
- Etnia Pousada & Boutique Trancoso, Brazil