“Excellent stay”

Villas de Trancoso Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Trancoso
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed there for 5 nights in July. We had a 2 bedroom villa which was perfect for a family of 4 or 5. It had 2 nice rooms, a beautiful patio, one lounge and 2 bathrooms, all this in the middle of a beautiful garden. The beach is one of the nicest I have seen, and I have seen quite a few! Long stretch of beach, very private, warm water, and very good and caring staff. The only drawback is the size and the temperature of the pool. It was small and cold, but who cares when the beach is so nice. The garden is extremely well kept and the staff in all areas of the hotel is great. Special thanks to Renata and Maria! And also to Galan who helped us out in a difficult moment!

Room Tip: Double rooms villas are great for families
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank david j

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I spent 3 nights there in May 2014. The hotel is very beautiful, a little gem in a magnificent tropical garden. The swimming pool is very nice. The beach is one of the most beautiful I have seen in my life and I have traveled a lot. The breakfast was the best I had in 5 months in Brazil and the food was generally excellent. The service was also good and the staff very helpful. One advice: do not take the rooms next to the parking lot as they are bit noisy (I am sensitive). I highly recommand!

Room Tip: do not take the one close to the parking lot
1  Thank marjorie55
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We recently returned from this fabulous hideaway located in heart of Bahia. After an adventurous ride to the Village of Trancoso ending at the front gate of the Villas your heart rate jumps a bit in anticipation of seeing this taste of paradise once again. When inside you experience the beauty of a place that just feels so good. It really gives you a sense of tranquility as you look at the trees and flora that was transform from the jungle into a beautiful resort. I am talking about excellent food and service and I mean excellent. You will also find one of the best beaches in the world at your door step where you are often the only one in site. The evening hours are especially nice as the sun goes down and signals the end of another wonderful day. And everything seems right in the world. You think I like this place, you are so right. I assure you that you will not be dissapointed in the Villas.

Room Tip: They are all very nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Flerk
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I booked this place for 8 nights in May for my honeymoon. We were by no means disappointed! The hotel is set out with 4/5 individual villas and about 6 apartments towards the rear of the site. We stayed in one of the villas and it was absolutely perfect, The bed was comfy, the room was decorated really well, the shower was powerful and hot, it had TV and air-con inside the villa and a really relaxing hammock outside on a veranda.
The gardens of the hotel are really excellently maintained - look like something out of a magazine.
The pool was a little small, and not heated, so was actually colder than the sea, but that didnt really matter as the beach is a 10 second walk through a really well thought-out tunnel which leads through a small mangrove river,onto the beach area. The hotel have their own private area with all sorts of different styles of sun loungers and have a bar area and a few bits of gym equipment to use.
The staff at the hotel were all really good - very accommodating and very personable and friendly - not like most 5* places where you are made to feel a bit awkward by the service as its so by-the-book.
The beach itself is beautiful. It was really empty when we were there as i think its off-peak in May, but still the weather was above 25 degrees most days and the sea was really warm. Its all really soft sand - no rocks etc to worry about and the sea stays shallow a long way out.
If you are going on honeymoon, I'd also recommend the honeymoon package - it was well worth the money.
All in all, a lovely holiday and we both really miss the beach already! We will be back...

Room Tip: The villas are so much better placed than the apartments, if you can afford it, definitely go for on...
2  Thank Steve I
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I decided to take a unique honeymoon and did some extensive research on places like Bora Bora, Caribbean, etc. We wanted something near the beach (within 100 yards), close to restaurants/bars, and also somewhere very secluded.

Villas de Trancoso exceeded all of our expectations and was a perfect match for a long romantic honeymoon! We stayed in the Sky VIP Villa, which is a must if you want to go all out for your vacation! We went in late May which is their low season and had great weather (rain a couple of mornings, lots of sun, a nice breeze, and 70-85 degrees every day! We also felt like we had the whole property and beach to ourselves with only 2-3 other couples being there the same time.

The villa feels like a private bungalow that opens up to your own front lawn and perfect for walking straight to the Villas restaurant, pool and beach. The service was great and food was incredible. We ate most dinners at their restaurant and lunches on the beach except for a night in The Quadrado (a 5 minute taxi ride). The staff will reserve taxis, dinners, excursions, and do everything to make your stay as stress-free as possible! Get the Honeymoon Deluxe package if possible since it more than covers the cost if you do it right!

We recommend playing golf at Terravista one morning. The 18-hole round took 2.5 hours with a caddie who took pictures of us along the way (my wife did not play but loved taking in the scenery)! If it might be rainy one day, book a couples massage a day in advance and use the time to relax in your jacuzzi and balcony hammock!

Also, an amazing day trip to Praia do Espelho is highly recommended. The one hour drive to/back is bumpy but well worth it!

To summarize, we could not have imagined our trip to go so smoothly, be so beautiful, and be able to completely escape from reality. It was not cheap, but we could not have done the same trip (accommodations, food, excursions, etc) anywhere else in the world for what we paid!

We hope this helps if you are on the fence about trying something a bit off the beaten path!

Room Tip: VIP Sky Villa
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just returned from another wonderful 4 night experience at the Villas. This time it was a surprise visit with my parents. Even though I have stayed many times in the past, I am still surprised by the constant new additions and improvements. Little things like the new sections added to the beautiful gardens, a new parrilla (outdoor grill) area for private parties or special restaurant nights, more new bathrooms for the restaurant/beach area, and they renovated the beach bar....it looks great! I love the different types of rooms available. From romantic honeymoon suites and bungalows, to 2 bedrooms suites, each room with a private huge bathroom, a big living room and a beautiful outdoor patio area with lounge sofas. Such a relaxing place...I was really sad to have to leave. Thanks everyone, I hope to see you soon!

Room Tip: Do your research on each of the villas, they are all beautiful and unique!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank DavidBuenosAires
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights in a one bedroom villa as part of our honeymoon to Brazil and Peru last September.

The place is a little paradise, tucked away from it all and right next to a lovely, quiet beach (although with the traditional rough sea that you get along most of the Brazilian coastline). The service was generally very good although our only minor issue was that we were not provided with slightly more information about things to do when we arrived.

The breakfast was very good and varied and we ate at the hotel for four of the five nights, with the food again being of excellent quality and having very friendly service. The room was nicely sized and cleaned well every day. However, as I fed back on departure, I would have thought that we would have been provided with complimentary mineral water on a daily basis as virtually every other 5* hotel I have ever been to provides, but this is only a very minor point and shoudn't detract in any way from so many of the other good points about the hotel.

We ate in Trancoso itself on one of our nights, which we'd recommend as it has a lovely little square (quadrado) with lots of nice restaurants dotted around.

Thank you for an amazing and unforgettable stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnH1007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trancoso
Estrela D'Agua
#13 of 14 in Trancoso
Toko Village
Toko Village
#6 of 99 in Porto Seguro

Been to Villas de Trancoso Hotel? Share your experiences!