“Excellent choice for a relaxing vacation!”
Review of Club Med Trancoso

Club Med Trancoso
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Trancoso
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I stayed for a week with my wife at Club Med Trancoso and we enjoyed very much! GOs are friendly and always are keen to make your stay joyful.
Rooms are spacious and have no much choice of channels on tv. Anyway, we were not there to watch tv. We knew before we go, but rooms could have bathtubs. Overall, rooms are nice and clean.
Swimming pool is very nice and staff is always there to get your order.
Food is OK with plenty of option. Nothing more than OK. The environment is nice and GOs also can join you for dinner.
The view is just fantastic! From the cliffs, the view is so nice that you will take so many pictures and it is a breath taking scenary. The golf course is very beautiful too! Signature hole, the 14th, is the best one!
The downside of this resort during my visit was the slow service for dinner in the menu based restaurant. As the hotel was not full enough to open the buffet restaurant, the only option was a la carte restaurant (but this fact was OK for me). Another thing I did not enjoy was the internet fee, which was 100 reais for the week (as I needed for my work purposes).

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 January 2013

Excellent hotel with children. For a Family with children the highest point is the mini club. The GO´s are clever and likable, activities are diverse and enternaining. The food is excelent, activities throught the resort diverse and staff very well trained. On top of all of that there is the clud med experience, interacting with the GO´s and other guests.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This is a very nice place located in on of the most beautiful beaches in Brazil. The atmosphere is calm and funny at the same time. GO's are everywhere helping with you with anything you may need. Rooms are just OK, not very fancy and bathrooms quite simple. The highlights of this resort are the several activities and sports that you can practice and learn. Food is quite good. Because the hotel is on top of a hill called "falesias" the beach is not at the same level as the resort and you need to walk a bit to get there. However, they have a nice bar linked to the resort and drinks there are also complimentary. Staff is very professional and well trained. The road around the Village is terrible, so I suggest you just leave the resort when going back home. Just beside the hotel there is a wonderful golf club. Overall is a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the main area of the resort where are the restaurants and swimming pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Murilo L
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I was truly undecided between giving 4 or 5* to this hotel. Comparing with my previous experiences in Brasil, this is one of the best beach hotels I am aware of (taking price into account). However, it failed to provide a true Club Med 4 tridents experience.
The room: spacious, fun, but already with a bit of an old feeling (although the hotel is not that old). Beds could be much better.
Food: no complaints. Buffets were varied, and food was very good (try the chocolate bread!). We booked once for the a la carte restaurant, which was nice for a change. Even the beach BBQ was good.
Bars: good service. Only felt they could have more natural juices - after all we were in Brazil's northeast!! (the beach bar had none)
Activities: there was always something to do. Tennis courts were available any time, rackets included, even if they had to turn the lights on. The court itself was in need of repairs, though. The circus trapeze was also fun for more adventurous people.
Beach: very nice, but be aware you have to go down 120 steps to reach it (a bit tiring to return to the hotel).
Reception: this is my biggest complaint (and the only reason why I am giving 4* instead of 5*. (1) Upon check in they didn't accept my Le Club Accorhotels card even though I knew they had to. They said they had never heard about it! I am still trying to claim the points for my stay. (2) The price for the transfer from the airport changed during our stay - and the reception girl only said "oh I didn't know either". (3) We wanted to wash our gym clothes and the only option they gave us involved waiting 48 hours to get it back. A laundry service with such SLA is not good enough. (4) We asked to check out 2 hours after the required time and we were asked to pay a significant fee. When we argued the hotel was half empty (another person from the reception had told us), they said our room was already destined to someone else so they wouldn't have the time to prepare it. I don't know how the fee would solve that.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank worldtrav11
Reviewed 21 June 2012

OUr time last May at Club Med was wonderful. The place is in a Brazilian beach paradise !! Not many people, many sports to choose from and the best of all, the quality of the G.Os !! Professionals, caring, inspiring and so fun to be with ! The chef of the village was so fun and very involved in leading the activities at night. Everyday they performed a different show to entertain the guests. We danced a lot and enjoyed different cultures. The team was fantastic, they could be dancers and acrobats at the Cirque de Soleil if they wanted. It was rainning for 3 days, but it was still a paradise. Kids had a good care from the G.Os, aparentlly all happy. Breads and deserts were the best !! Good massages at the Spa. We just loved it !!

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same size, design and confort. They resemble the Brazilian colonial period. Th...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My husband, twin toddlers and I were at Club Med Trancoso on the first week of January and we had a good time. The GOs are always trying to make everybody feel welcome and the staff is always willing to please ( with the exception of one receptionist that never seemed to be having a good day). Food was great, grounds were beautiful and the staff was nice. If you are there with children under two or even children that won't go to the Min Club Med, I totally recommend for you to hire a nanny. I was very reluctant in doing it, but I finally gave in and hired two of them on the last two days. First, it is the cheapest you will pay for a nanny anywhere in the world (or at least in the places I have been to, lol!). They charge about R$10,00 ( $5,85 or €4.36) an hour before 6 pm or R$15,00 ($8.80 or €6,50) an hour after 6 PM. They don't work for the club, but at least one of the ones I hired, has been working with Club Med guests for about six years. The nannies know everything about the club (things that the front desk fail to tell us). For example, you can actually go to the chef and let him know what kind of food your child usually eats and they will prepare it for you. You are able to ask for it to be served a certain time ( I particularly thought that 7:00 pm was very late to serve dinner for the children. My girls are usually in bed at that time) and you are also able to take the food to the room, rather then eating at the restaurant. The nannies can spend the day with you or if you would like to do your own thing around the resort, they will entertain your child at mini club Med and make sure they eat all their meals.

I am placing here the name of the two nannies that I hired (they are aware I was going to place their info on this site). They don't speak English, but they are great with children.

Luciane (AKA Lu) ----- (She is AWESOME!!!!)
Rosalia -----

Also, you really don't have to take any thing for your baby. You will find in the room a baby tub, bottle warmer ( my botlte didn't fit inside it though), and they will even provide you with a stroller. So nice.

The only thing I would complain about is the Club's wifi. It only works well when you are near the restaurant or front desk area. It doesn't work well in the rooms.

Hoping to head back to Trancoso soon!

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but there are some that are closer to the pool area and restaurant and others t...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Cecik
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We went to stay this one week from the 21st Nov (2 adults and 2 toddlers). Low season, not a lot of people, raining every day (DO NOT GO IN NOV, it is a rainy month) BUT the location and scenery are so stunning that the made up for the wet.

Hotel chef is absolutely amazing..BUT the menu for kids is ALWAYS the same as well as no food is served before 12- 12:30 hence if your toddler eats earlier it can be a prob.

Location is absolutely amazing, the pics are definitely not describing the beauty of the place..to consider that the hotel is on top of a cliff, hence to get to the beach there are a lot of steep steps not ideal if you have small kids or if physically not fit (there is a bus every hour only starting from 9 than it stops at 12 until 13:30 and then last one at 16 from the beach - they could definitely review the times and frequency)

We were given a family room and were staying in the intermediate type of accommodation ... when arrived had to ask the room to be cleaned again and really had to call every day to make sure they were cleaning the floor (the staff does not seem to take particular care in floor cleaning (had hairs, old sand, around the room, below beds etc on my arrival)

NOT A CLUB MED..apart from an amazing structure that potentially could host may sport activities as well as kids activities, this year GO do not seem to be encouraged to promote or help hotel guests in practicing any sport (must chase them!)...not to mention the kids-mini club which was so poor that few mothers had to take over and organize some games for the children....definitely 4 GO's with no imagination or wish to organize anything interesting was very sad to see (they only managed to dress up as a pagliaccio or organize a very poor treasure hunt where the particiaptio was made of 3 kids rushed around by GO's bored faces!!!)

The great side of not being a typical CLUB MED is that you can enjoy the structure as it best fits your needs (and so we did and loved it)

The hotel has its own list of babysitters..make sure you interview a few (we made a huge mistake and ended up with one who looked as bored as the GO's)

Other thing to bare in mid is that local taxi transfer to the hotel is much cheaper (165 Reais for the drive) whilst club med charges almost double BY individual...!!!

For the structure, location and food I would definitely go back...

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trancoso
Villas de Trancoso Hotel
#5 of 13 in Trancoso
Arraial D'Ajuda Eco Resort
Arraial D'Ajuda Eco Resort
#2 of 20 in Arraial d'Ajuda

Been to Club Med Trancoso? Share your experiences!