“Close access to shopping and good food”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Antigo
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Antigo
Duluth, Minnesota
“Close access to shopping and good food”
Reviewed 26 November 2011

New hotel by retail shopping and good food restaurants. Jacuzzi and pool were clean and temperature appropriate. Near Refuge restaurant. Great breakfast offerings come free with the night's stay. Cheese omelettes, sausage and gravy over biscuits, fresh fruit, etc.

• Stayed November 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed 2 days in the kids suite. The room was very clean and the kids room was excellent. The people working there were also very nice. The only thing I didn't like were the beds. Probably was just the room I was in but I found them uncomfortable. Other than that, are stay was very pleasant and will stay again.

• Stayed July 2011
Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Reserved our suite in February for a stay in July. When we arrived they had booked all the suites. I showed the clerk our reservation showing we reserved a suite & she didnt apologize, just said "someone has given your room away", cannot make it right. We were given a smaller, different room right next to elevator & vending machines. Then she states a manager will contact us next day to adjust the bill. Next day... no call from manager & clerk says he won't be in till Monday. We are checking out on Sunday. I will have to call him myself. Later in evening I call down to front desk for more coffee & clerk tells me I have to come down & get it because he can't leave the desk. Morning breakfast powdered eggs are the consistency of soggy oatmeal. Computer printer didnt work. Too expensive for Antigo & not prepared for guests or able to keep reservations straight.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank klk149
ToriEK, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Antigo, responded to this review, 23 July 2010
Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention. My staff does and did contact me and made me aware of this situation. They had assured me that they explained to you that the room you booked was the room you received, but that I was going to still receive a call from you first thing Monday. If that was miss communicated, I apologize. In reveiwing the reservation, you did indeed receive the room that you booked, the reservation was never altered. You stayed in one of the nicest and largest rooms that we have. You were in our Double Queen Family Suite with a Central Bath. These rooms are across from the elevators/vending areas on both floors by hotel design, but typically receive rave reviews from familys. In regards to the other mishaps, I have brought those up to each department so we are on top of such requests/circumstances. Again, thank you for your reveiew, we learn from our mistakes, and it makes us stronger.
Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 October 2009

We stayed 1 evening, The room was exceptionally clean and the front desk knew I had a pet before I arrived and had my room on first floor with a patio (so easy when traveling with a pet) convient to most restaurants only downside is looking at the Walmart! Great Breakfast area and pool. THANK YOU for a great quick stay! Mole lake casino near by

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 August 2009

We stayed at this new property on August 1. The room and bath were very clean and comfortable, beds were comfortable and a bit on the firm side, the clerk was efficient and pleasant. We had requested a quiet room and it was very quiet, away from the elevator, vending machines and stairway doors, just as we had requested on-line. The breakfast was included and they had several hot items (biscuits, gravy, bacon and small cheese omelets. They also had the usual array of carb stuff, plus yogurt and bananas. I did not see their pool or work out equipment, so can't comment. The only small complaint is the bathroom exhaust fans are integrated with the light switch and the fan is powerful and a little loud and the A/C is the individual through the wall type which is always louder and draftier than central units. We would stay there again. We paid about $110 AAA rate incl tax, a little expensive for the Antigo area.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OshkoshTraveler1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antigo
Super 8 Antigo
No photo provided
Edge of Night Motel
#3 of 4 in Antigo
Best Western Wittenberg Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Antigo? Share your experiences!