“Outstanding place to stay in Antigo”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Antigo
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Antigo
Reviewed 1 April 2012

The HIE in Antigo is the newest hotel in town, but there are only a few hotels to choose from. We drove past most of the others, and we were glad we picked the HIE, as the others all looked quite old & dated from the outside. The view of Walmart wasn't spectacular, but Walmart was close enough to walk to for goodies, etc.

We spent four nights in this hotel, and were treated like family. The staff were absolutely the friendliest folks we have ever encountered at any hotel and we have stayed at many. Many thanks to Janine (or was it Jeannie?) at the front desk and also the ladies who prepared breakfast in the mornings.

The housekeeping staff kept our room in immaculate condition during our stay, but then the entire hotel was amazingly clean. Our "suite" was large & comfortable with a microwave & refrigerator. The bed was comfortable and the room wasn't noisy, except for Saturday evening when some real "party people" occupied the room next door. One call to the front desk and everything was quiet after that.

Breakfasts were rather typical free hotel fare, but everything was hot & fresh. The cinnamon rolls were a pleasant surprise.

Should we return to Antigo, there's no doubt we will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 December 2011

I've stayed in a bunch of Holiday Inns, Hampton Inns, and Best Westerns. This ranks among the top simply because it is so new and nice. There is no dirt, grime, or dinginess anywhere. The rooms have nice new flat screen tvs and in-wall heater/ACs that do not make too much noise, but will definitely keep you warm at night through the cold Wisconsin Winter.

The breakfast was good - definitely try the instant pancake making machine. The pancakes it spits out are pretty good!

If I had to fault the place, it would be with the newspaper. I love getting a newspaper bright and early. But the newspaper guy didn't seem to deliver it until 9 or 10am! This is more likely the newspaper deliveryman's fault than the hotel's, but the hotel should put some pressure on that guy!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2011

New hotel by retail shopping and good food restaurants. Jacuzzi and pool were clean and temperature appropriate. Near Refuge restaurant. Great breakfast offerings come free with the night's stay. Cheese omelettes, sausage and gravy over biscuits, fresh fruit, etc.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed 2 days in the kids suite. The room was very clean and the kids room was excellent. The people working there were also very nice. The only thing I didn't like were the beds. Probably was just the room I was in but I found them uncomfortable. Other than that, are stay was very pleasant and will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Reserved our suite in February for a stay in July. When we arrived they had booked all the suites. I showed the clerk our reservation showing we reserved a suite & she didnt apologize, just said "someone has given your room away", cannot make it right. We were given a smaller, different room right next to elevator & vending machines. Then she states a manager will contact us next day to adjust the bill. Next day... no call from manager & clerk says he won't be in till Monday. We are checking out on Sunday. I will have to call him myself. Later in evening I call down to front desk for more coffee & clerk tells me I have to come down & get it because he can't leave the desk. Morning breakfast powdered eggs are the consistency of soggy oatmeal. Computer printer didnt work. Too expensive for Antigo & not prepared for guests or able to keep reservations straight.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank klk149
ToriEK, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Antigo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2010

Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention. My staff does and did contact me and made me aware of this situation. They had assured me that they explained to you that the room you booked was the room you received, but that I was going to still receive a call from you first thing Monday. If that was miss communicated, I apologize. In reveiwing the reservation, you did indeed receive the room that you booked, the reservation was never altered. You stayed in one of the nicest and largest rooms that we have. You were in our Double Queen Family Suite with a Central Bath. These rooms are across from the elevators/vending areas on both floors by hotel design, but typically receive rave reviews from familys. In regards to the other mishaps, I have brought those up to each department so we are on top of such requests/circumstances. Again, thank you for your reveiew, we learn from our mistakes, and it makes us stronger.

Reviewed 15 October 2009

We stayed 1 evening, The room was exceptionally clean and the front desk knew I had a pet before I arrived and had my room on first floor with a patio (so easy when traveling with a pet) convient to most restaurants only downside is looking at the Walmart! Great Breakfast area and pool. THANK YOU for a great quick stay! Mole lake casino near by

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2009

We stayed at this new property on August 1. The room and bath were very clean and comfortable, beds were comfortable and a bit on the firm side, the clerk was efficient and pleasant. We had requested a quiet room and it was very quiet, away from the elevator, vending machines and stairway doors, just as we had requested on-line. The breakfast was included and they had several hot items (biscuits, gravy, bacon and small cheese omelets. They also had the usual array of carb stuff, plus yogurt and bananas. I did not see their pool or work out equipment, so can't comment. The only small complaint is the bathroom exhaust fans are integrated with the light switch and the fan is powerful and a little loud and the A/C is the individual through the wall type which is always louder and draftier than central units. We would stay there again. We paid about $110 AAA rate incl tax, a little expensive for the Antigo area.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OshkoshTraveler1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antigo
Super 8 Antigo
Edge of Night Motel
#3 of 4 in Antigo
Best Western Wittenberg Inn
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Merrill

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Antigo? Share your experiences!