“As much as you woudl expect if not more...”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Antigo
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Antigo
St Paul, MN
“As much as you woudl expect if not more...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was my first time staying at this hotel in Antigo, the property was nice, well kept and clean. I actually think in my travels that their beds were one of the more comfortable ones. Pool area was nice, well kept and everything was simple and easy. Next time I am in Antigo I will definately stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Tori K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Antigo, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for the review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. See you next time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed in the "kids suite" and it was worth the extra money. We have a 7 month old that goes to bed early, so it was nice to have the separate room so we didn't have to tip toe around. The extra room would be good for kids of all ages though. It had bunk beds, a TV, and a Playstation. Both rooms and the bathroom were spacious and clean. We didn't hear any of the neighboring rooms, and hopefully no one heard our crying baby, we are unaware of any complaints. I had no contact with hotel staff, so I can't comment on them. The free continental breakfast included pretty much standard fare including hot food. The pool area and game room were clean and well lit. Bottom line, I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Your view choices are Fleet Farm on the North side and a bowling alley on the south, take your pick...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TheSots
Tori K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Antigo, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear guest,

We are sooo happy decided to stay with us while in Antigo. We are pleased you enjoyed the suite. The extra room is definitely worth it! Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you again!
Clam Lake, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have family that live in Antigo and usually camp but decided to spend one night at Holiday. We used the pool and spa, both of which were clean. The rooms were spacious and clean. Very updated bathrooms. Breakfast was hot. The pancake machine was pretty cool. At the desk I asked if they had a discount. The original price was $109 & taxes. My discount would bring it down $6. The clerk said she'd need her manager to override it and I asked that she do that and went about our way. When the bill was slid under the door the next day it did not have discount. I decided for $6 it wasn't worth the hassle. Found out other family members stayed at the Super 8 for $67 and they also have the same amenities. Next time we will stay there as all we spend so little time at the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ClamLakerWI
Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us. I am glad you found your room and the facility clean and well maintained. I agree, the pancake machine is awesome! I am sorry about the miscommunication with your bill. We hope to see you again soon.
Mokena, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

If you have to stay in Antigo, WI this is the hotel to stay at. Very clean and the staff was very professional. The breakfast served every morning was a nice treat. I couldn't believe all the choices.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank LMB45
Tori K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Antigo, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
We are pleased you enjoyed our Breakfast. We have added items and they are going over very well. Thank you for taking the time to write. We hope to see you again!
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I spent an overnight at the hotel for a work training recently. The hotel is very clean and attractive inside. Sleep room was very nice and clean as well. However, I immediately noticed a lack of customer service skills at the front desk as well as with assisting staff for the meeting room. When staff were seen, there was no smile or thoughtfulness in helping out. The presenters were running around making sure everything was cleaned up and cleared out of the meeting room since we were packed in a very small room. In my opinion, the hotel staff should have been doing this not the presenters to the training.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Roader22
Tori K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Antigo, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you found our property and guest room accommodations very clean and pleasing. Unfortunately, I feel that you are misinformed on how our meeting room rental works. When the room is rented out, we are simply renting out the space not the service. We are not a full service hotel and therefore do not have waitstaff, or charge service fees as full service hotels do. I am sorry you feel that were not accommodating or friendly, but I think you opinion is not the majority. We accommodated the ladies in the group who were needing a place to pump for breastfeeding a guest room to use each day free of charge. We also accommodated your group last minute to use our Breakfast room for lunch free of charge. One of the presenters came up to me before leaving and told me how great this hotel was. I was working both days and personally heard my front desk staff acknowledge each person as they walked through the lobby. Again, I am sorry you felt we were not accommodating but I feel we went the extra mile.
Waterford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

My daughter, the dog and I were on our way to our cabin in northern Wisconsin. After 5 hours on the road, 3 hours of which were on treacherous winter roads, we were forced to stop and stay in Antigo. We had packed nothing but dog food, all of our essentials being at the cabin. The staff was so accommodating! They accepted our 85 pound, 11 year old lab, put us in a first floor room near the back entrance and supplied us toothbrushes and toothpaste. What a lovely, clean hotel with a great breakfast! Thank you for a good experience and accepting Shadow!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank IlkaP_13
Tori K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Antigo, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for writing such a great review of your stay with us. I as so glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope you stay with us again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Whenever we visit family, we stay here and we just stayed here again for 3 nights. The property is very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. We stayed in a double queen bed room which was nice and quiet. The beds were also very comfortable and made it easy to fall asleep. One of the best Holiday Inn express's I've stayed at.

To provide more details, the cleaning staff did a great job keeping our room nice and clean. The room was always just as clean as when we first arrived. The front desk was also very helpful when I needed assistance and they were happy to provide us with plates and napkins when we brought some pizza back to our room one night. They provided great customer service and did it with a smile. Thanks to all the staff for such a great stay.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank tallbet
Tori K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Antigo, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for finding the time to write such a nice review. I am glad you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Your comments will be shared with them. They work hard and I'm glad it shows. See you next time your in Antigo!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antigo
Super 8 Antigo
#2 of 2 in Bowler
No photo provided
Edge of Night Motel
#3 of 4 in Antigo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Antigo? Share your experiences!