All reviewsbreakfast roomiron and ironing boardnon smoking roomno elevatorshopping and restaurantsclean roomsvery nice place to staypool areastay there againdesk clerkantiguomotelwalgreensvestibulesuper8cleanlinesswi
A Wyndham traveler
Wi
Reviewed 20 March 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Andy P, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Antigo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Reviewed 13 March 2013

Overall not a bad place to stay. For you snowmobilers this hotel is right on the trails and there is a gas station right next store. There is also a couple of restaurants within walking distance. Plenty of parking for trucks and trailers. Could use a few more items on the breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Andy P, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Antigo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time out to post your valuable comments about your stay at Super 8 Antigo. Please note that we will forward your request of getting more breakfast items to Super 8 corporation. Hopefully when you visit us in summer, you will be surprised by seeing more breakfast items. Thank you again and we value your comments.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

I stayed at the Super 8 in Antigo on business for 4 nights.

Pros: Nice staff (mostly) , decent bed comfort, excellect wifi strength, acceptably clean rooms and the coffee in the breakfast area is really good.

Cons: Before I list the cons, keep in mind this is a Super 8. This is an economy hotel and you get what you pay for. I have stayed in some pretty bad Super 8s over the years and this one is at the upper end of most I have been in. I usually avoid Super 8s like the plague.

The "food" in the breakfast area. I would suggest to management that if the egg and sausage pucks sitting on ice for guests to microwave is the best you can do, skip those and just offer pasteries and fruit.
The room I was in had a deskish table thing but the chair was miserably uncomfortable. Hard to work in your room.
Safe Charge-this is one of those hotels that have a safe in the room and if you dont catch it at checkout, they charge you for it. I didin't even notice the safe in my room. I had to call the hotel after I got back to my office to remove the safe charge. Kind of a pain.
NOISE. There was a kid's hockey tournament in town over the weekend so a lot of families with kids. They ran screaming and hollaring (the kids) up and down the stairs and hallways from 7 am to 10pm. At least sleeping was possible at night but I can't believe parents that let their kids run like that without regard for others, and I was surprised with the desk clerk who shrugged her shoulders when I brought it up. I suppose it's a good weekend for the hotel so they don't want to make those crappy hockey parents mad.
Finally, the lady who checked me out was quite a snot. I needed a zero balance bill and she first tried to give me an estimated charge bill. I was checking out. I need to know what the charge is. She acted irritated she had to do this for me and left a bad impression on my way out. Maybe thats why I got charged for the safe. I think she may be the owners mother or something.

In Conclusion, I would stay here again if I had to but am not compelled to based on my experience. Next time I'll try the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank glrbob
Andy P, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Antigo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank for your comments about your stay with us. We are very glad to know that you found Super 8 Antigo nice, clean and comfortable.

We also apologize for the noise during hockey weekend and also not getting expected response from staff about it. We will bring this to our staff meting and will make sure that we do take corrective actions on issues like this immediately.

Also, we do serve two different kind fruits along with our other breakfast items everyday. We invite you and your family members for next stay with us and we promise you that we will make your stay memorable and enjoyable. Thank you again.

Reviewed 7 March 2013