All reviewsbreakfast roomiron and ironing boardnon smoking roomno elevatorshopping and restaurantsclean roomsvery nice place to staypool areastay there againdesk clerkantiguomotelwalgreensvestibulesuper8cleanlinesswi
Reviewed 2 May 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Andy P, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Antigo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2013

Reviewed 21 April 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 April 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Andy P, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Antigo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This was a bit different for me... typically, when I hit a trade show to work, I book my hotel a couple of months in advance after exhaustive research. Well, apparently there are few enough hotels in this town, that my trade show books the rooms for us vendors, so I had no idea where I was going to stay that weekend, literally until about 30 minutes after I arrived at the show.

Luckily, it turns out that it was the same hotel I would have booked myself. Whew! Better this, than the place down the road that has "Yes" in neon lights in place of "Vacancy/No Vacancy" on it's sign.

Overall, the experience was fine. There were no significant issues to address. Here's the list of various observations:

The room was overall fine, everything worked. I liked the fact that they added a power bar right next to the desk, making plugging in my laptop and phone charger easy. I did NOT like that I had to move furniture to plug in my phone charger by the bed, and I had to unplug the alarm clock to get a power socket there. Oh well.

The bathroom was a mixed bag. Kudos for having -more- than enough towels in there... after staying in too many places that skimped on the towels, this was nice. The shower was decent, good temperature, and a variable shower head that actually changes the water spray. Down marks for the "threateningly small" toilet that not only felt like I was poised on top of a child's chair, but required two flushes for anything serious. Boo Hiss! :)

Parking seemed adequate for my needs, even when it was pretty full from all of us vendors showing up.

This is a two story building, and I did not detect an elevator at all. Luckily, I got in there as early as I could to snag a ground floor room.

The ice machine was not too hard to find, produced a good amount of decent ice, and had no annoying "no coolers" signs on it. Yay!

I normally skip breakfast at most hotels, but I checked this one out, mainly because the ice machine was in the same room as the breakfast... and I have to agree with a previous reviewer, the ice puck proteins (sausage and egg patties) are just annoying. If I wanted to cook breakfast myself, I can do that at home. At least I could snag a couple of good bananas.

Also as noted by another reviewer, this hotel features those annoying "in room safes" that they hit you with a buck and a half "convenience fee" per day. Be sure to let them know on checkout that you didn't use the safe, otherwise, you are paying a convenience fee for a very inconvenient item.

The location of this hotel was just down the road from my trade show, so that was nice. Within easy walking distance was a Walgreens (pretty much in the same parking lot), a convenience/gas store, and other stuff. Within 2 blocks, you could hit about any major fast food chain and a Wal-Mart, plus another grocery store. That spells convenience in my book.

The heating/air on this room is regulated by a thermostat on the opposite side of the room from the equipment. They had an AC for summer, and baseboard heaters for winter. It takes the baseboard heaters a bit to catch up when you use them, so keep that in mind if you are not used to them. I never -saw- a baseboard heater before doing shows in Wisconsin, personally, but they do seem to be pretty prevalent up here.

Overall, not a bad experience. Nothing happened that would prevent me from considering this for a future show stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We are very thankful to you that you found this place clean,comfortable,enjoyable and reasonable. We will definitely look into all your observations and will try to implement one after another. It might not happen in overnight but we will do it as right time comes. There are many things which we are upgrading in all guest rooms. We promise that when you come in October for your next show, you will notice these differences. Again thank you for your feedback and see you in October.

A Wyndham traveler
Wi
Reviewed 20 March 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Andy P, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Antigo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013