“One night during World Cup weekend”

Ranked #8 of 95 Hotels in Fortaleza
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed there one night after the World Cup match Germany vs. Ghana with my family.

PRO:
+ breakfast with great variety and freshly made omelet and Brazilian tapioca
+ great location with view over the Atlantic ocean
+ friendly and helpful staff

CONS:
- quality of cable TV image (wasn't able to identify football players by their face or shirt number due to very unsharp image quality); technician from NET said all rooms have that quality;
- spring mattress was saggy;
- free WiFi internet access (512 kb) was slow and unreliable, had to reconnect many times;
- shower head was moldy;
- shower temperature tough to regulate and keep constant;
- pool water was not as warm as you might expect (probably as it's most of the time in the shadow of the hotel);
- room had bad odor (a bit like urinal)

Maybe we've got that room because I used IHG Reward Points instead of paying horrendous BRL 1000+ per night!

Room Tip: I would try to avoid room 911 if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TheTripleAs
HolidayInnFortaleza, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Fortaleza, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and we present our sincere apologies for what happened.

Our goal is to always provide high quality accommodation and services, and your comments are very important to us.
The feedback we received from our guests allows us to identify problems and take necessary actions to ensure similar situations do not happen again.

We record your comments and we are carefully checking each observation.

Once again thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Fortaleza

Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Fortaleza

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a fairly standard Holiday Inn but the excellent service that we received at a time when they were massively busy because of the World Cup elevated this hotel in my estimation.

The good:-

Right opposite a nice beach. Probably not the best end of the beach but still not a bad position
Free wifi (a little slow but you can pay to upgrade speed but I did not find I needed to)
small pool with sauna gym and games room
Large bedroom with sofa bed shower (no bath) two desks and clean (but fairly basic).
Excellent service from everyone I dealt with especially the front desk

The not so good
The gym and games room had no air-conditioning and were too hot to use
The breakfast room was too small and the choices were not that great

Overall, the Gran Marquise may be better but the Holiday Inn is still very acceptable for a few days

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank mbgandco

Dear Guest,

The Holiday Inn Fortaleza's main objective is to provide an excellent experience to their customers.

Thank you for bringing your comments to our knowledge and help us, so we can improve our services. We are happy that you have had a good time at Holiday Inn Fortaleza.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here for the World Cup match Uraguay v Costa Rica and hada great time. The Fan fest was yards away and the noise ( a lot of it ) finished at 9 pm. Hotel was clean and the staff spoke English well.

Room Tip: WE were on floor 21 great views
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bmarshall
HolidayInnFortaleza, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Fortaleza, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for bringing your comments to our knowledge we are very glad you enjoyed your stay,

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Fortaleza, Brazil and we do not speak Portuguese, Spanish or Italian yet this property has gone above and beyond to make sure our every need has been taken care of and we are safe..... In particular, front desk employee Amanda Nobre has taken the time to translate an entire catering order for eleven (11) people on our private plane so that I may order the food for our passengers! To do my job successfully - every detail counts enormously and Amanda has helped me beyond words accomplish this feat. She's an incredible asset. Great stay at this property great location and best yet - the employees!

Room Tip: don't get an end room - problems with wifi
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnFortaleza, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Fortaleza, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Brenda!

Thank you very much for your comments, and also for the time spent telling us about your stay!

We are very glad that our team specially Amanda was able to help you with the language issues.

Our goal is to always provide high quality accommodation and services for our guests, and you comment made us feel that we are doing it right!

We hope we can host you and your group back in a another opportunity.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Fortaleza.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Booked a flight & 1 night at Fortaleza Holiday Inn through Orbitz. It wasn't till I looked through the booking that I realised that we wouldn't arrive at the hotel till 5am at the earliest. Not wanting to pay for a room that we wouldn't use I contacted Orbitz who told me that cancellation was not possible except with the consent of the hotel. I emailed the FHI expecting the usual, "tough luck" response but instead received a wonderful email, from Jessica, advising "due to special circumstances" they would allow the cancellation at no charge!
Whilst Orbitz charged $25 to process the cancellation (Jersey at Orbitz had to ring FHI to check etc), I'm still surprised. All I can say is "Wow".
Thank you Jessica and the Fortaleza Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: I can only comment on service but gave 5 stars across the board because there wasn't a does-not...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul F
HolidayInnFortaleza, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Fortaleza, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Guest!

We appreciate your kindness in taking your time to write about your experience, even when not staying at the Hotel.

Jessica have received a recognition card for her attitude in helping you, and been recognized for her good work.

We hope you can stay with us as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for choosing Holiday Inn Fortaleza.

Best Regards

Reviewed 22 April 2014

While work was being done in our nearby condo, I stayed here 3 nights and, the next week, my wife and I stayed here for 4 nights. Both times the room was an "Executive King" room, which is larger than the standard rooms, and has a view of the ocean, albeit an obstructed one. The room was okay, the bed rather hard. My first room was on the 20th floor, the second one on the 14th floor. The second room had no electrical outlets by the work table (e.g., for a computer); one had to use a battery or plug into a floor outlet far away (one worker said it was a design flaw). In the second room, both the small room safe and TV had problems that were, fortunately, fairly quickly fixed. The bathroom is not large, but sufficient. As noted, the room safe is small-- too small for a large laptop, but sufficient for a tablet-- and the front desk said they had no larger safes at the front desk.

Because I am an IHG (Honors) member, I didn't have to pay the 35 Reais per night Wi-Fi fee usually charged (a fee higher than I'd pay at most hotels in the U.S.). Plus, I received a free cup of water. That's right: a cup. Not a bottle. Note when you are booking online that the charge is normally for one person, with 35 Reais extra being charged for a second person.

I heard some street traffic noise from my room, but not much. Variety of channels on the TV was good.

The hotel restaurant is very expensive, not much less than the French restaurant Marcel across the driveway. As with all hotels, one needs to check their bill carefully upon checking out: after my first stay, I noticed someone had charged a late night dinner, and three Cokes, to my room (charge was removed).

The free breakfast had many items. Quality was okay. On holidays, the room can get very crowded. Overall, the price was probably a bit higher than I'd pay at most Holiday Inns in the U.S. But Brail is not inexpensive.

Room Tip: You're paying for location. Get an Executive King room if you don't want a small room. Roo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sutter
HolidayInnFortaleza, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Fortaleza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Guest!

Thank you very much for your time.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Fortaleza and we hope to serve you for the next opportunity!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Wow! Wow! Wow! Been to too many hotels in over 50 nations to count. I just stayed in the 2nd most incredible room (sorry, Acapulco Princess is #1) I have ever stayed in. I had a Suite that was marvelous. The staff here is beyond fantastic. The view of the beach, the restaurants… this place had it all. I will ALWAYS STAY HERE when I'm in Fortaleza. Thank you to an incredible staff for making me feel so welcome!

Room Tip: Make sure you go to Marcel's right next door! THE best meal I have ever had was the Uruguayan La...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnFortaleza, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Fortaleza, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Guest!

Thank you very much for bringing your comments to our knowledge.

The Holiday Inn Fortaleza's main objective is to provide an excellent experience to their customers, and your comments make us feel very glad that we did it!

We are very happy that our services, staff and facilities have been usefull during your stay.