“Great option for Fortaleza, on the beach, lovely hotel and safe area”
Review of Hotel Luzeiros

Hotel Luzeiros
Ranked #6 of 95 Hotels in Fortaleza
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Great option for Fortaleza, on the beach, lovely hotel and safe area”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We have just returned from 3 nights at Luzeiros hotel and only have positive things to say.

We normally go for small boutique hotels when traveling but being in Brazil in (what is considered to be) a dangerous city, we opted for the safety of a bigger hotel where we could lounge by the pool if we wanted. We DID go to the pool (and it was lovely, though only has sun until around 1pm). However, we found the beach area that it is on to be very safe and felt very secure throughout our stay.

The breakfasts were fantastic, I have read some previous reviews where people complained about this, however, we found them plentiful and delicious with a huge range of options. Let me assure you as well that we are not early risers! The food was being replenished right up until the end. Maybe this is different during 'peak' season but we were there during the World Cup and the place was packed and yet the standards stayed extremely high in all areas.

One thing we were particularly pleased with were the staff, many more front desk staff and staff in general spoke much more English than we expected, this was a great help to us.

If we were to return to Fortaleza we would not hesitate to stay here again :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Britishtraveller2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel in Fortaleza, the staff are very helpful and pleasant. The food is very good and varied, especially at Breakfast, the hotel is very proud of the fact that their breakfast menu is second to none. The position of the hotel on Av. Beira Mar is excellent for access to the beach.

Room Tip: "Seaview rooms are first-class"
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dave G
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I booked this hotel because of the great reviews it was getting. In the end, I do not really want to give it a "bad" review, but I think we need to clarify certain things.
We arrived around 3:00 am and the front desk was extremely friendly and the reservastion was there and was very quick to check-in. The room was fairly small but was comfortable, it came with the ocean view and a small balcony, this made it really enjoyable.
As we were travelling to Fortaleza during the Easter Weekend, you can imagine that the hotel was full and many children, but it was not really a disturbance.
The Internet and breakfast is included for every hotel guests. As these are included, they are certainly being used. Internet connection is extremely slow and poor. I ended up shutting it off and roaming when needed. As for the breakfast, well, if you get there anytime passed 8:30, forget it. nothing is left and you need to request for cups, for anything... seems only 1 person was repleneshing the buffet, only 1 dish at a time, and by the time he would qarrive with something else, the first one was empty. They were obviously not ready for a crowd.(I have attached 2 pictures) The location of the hotel is really great and perfect for going out for a walk or to the market. Restaurants are abundant. People are very friendly.
We had the dinner buffet in the hotel lobby restaurant on our last night, and the food was excelent. On a side note, personel at the front desk during the day are on their cell phones browsing their facebook accounts, and they do not hide this from you at all. I have been asked to wait until one of them finished his text. This might be a new reality that we all have to face now, how should employers handle this?

Room Tip: Although I have not seen the other rooms, the one we had with a balcony was quite nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Daniel3282
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The hotel is well located with lots of restaurants and bars in the area. The rooms are very confortable rooms (I stayed in one facing the bay). Although the staff is a bit slow they are nice and very helpfull. The breakfast has very good food with tapioca and omelettes made in front of you with whatever you´d like to add on it. The hotel is located on the seaside and has an spetacular view of the bay of Mucuripe. The Mucuripe port proximity however makes the beaches not good for swiming (locals don´t go into the sea as per their recommendations). Every night their is a small street market in front of the hotel where you can find local food and very nice handicraft works. The lunch at the restaurant was "just ok". In general, very nice and worth staying!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the bay/ocean! Really worth the view, specially in the morning when you´re wak...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JOSEMPC
Porto Alegre, RS
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The hotel has good location and a good view. The best thing in the hotel is the excelente breakfast.
WIFI good.
The bath was the worst bath that i take in a hotel,sometimes very hot or cold,
The crew could be more gentle.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Very confortable rooms and good location, near to the local traditional commerce and the beach. The breakfeast is wonderful, be prepared to eat a lot!! The crew sometimes can be a little bit slow, but this is far away from be a problem...

Stayed March 2013
edinburgh
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I want to be clear that this was quite an unusual hotel stay for me; I was staying on business in what seems to be a tourism-focused hotel. So that means that I need to forgive a little of the lack of polish but then other factors that may have annoyed me were dimished by the fact that I was not paying for it!

Here's the quick version; it's a good hotel. The staff were attentive, the rooms were fine (if not palatial), and everything pretty much worked. I can't comment on value-for-money because I didn't book it and I just paid the bill when it was presented.

So, to the actuals...
I flew in on Air Portugal (TAP) from Lison to Fortaleza and was pleased to see the air crew check in, in front of me to the hotel. Good news! It's good enough for the flight crew!
Errr... bad news... there are 20 TAP people who are all progressing through single-checkin.
The reception chap said to me that there would be a 20 minute delay before he could get to me but, by then, I'd been travelling for 20 hours so my sense-of-humour-quotient was running on empty. To be fair, once he realised I wasn't going to be a pushover (I honestly wasn't rude!) he got us checked in pretty quickly.

The rooms? Well, they're fine. Clean, spacious enough, if not luxurious.
Mine had a balcony that looked on to the main street.

Which takes us to location; definitely a plus for the Luzeiros - right across from the beach, and all the bars and restaurants that are on the strip.
The location is great. And even with the balcony on the main strip, I wasn't bothered by noise.

Food was ok; several bars and restaurants, and the breakfast was very good. But there are lots of nice restaurants in close vicinity so do try to venture farther afield.

For the workers, we had five people staying and we rented a room for a couple of days (~$70 a day) and the service was good enough.

It's an odd review because I forget what we were paying and I didn't check out the competitive rates at other hotels, so here's my recommendation; this is a good hotel - if you can get a room at a price that you think is reasonable, then I would heartily recommend it.

Room Tip: Don't worry about being on the main road - it's not that noisy.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business