“The best choice!”

Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Jericoacoara
Zollikon, Switzerland
“The best choice!”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

After intense travelling all over Brazil we spent our last 5 days in the Chili Beach Hotel. A great place to relax and to explore the fantastic white dunes. In Chili Beach is the most friendly and best trained staff all over Brazil. You get fantastic food from an extremely creative chief and free drinks for sundown. We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite with our own private garden and lounge and a terrific seaview. We couldn't have chosen any better. Every little detail is perfect

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Maybe one looks at the word through rose tinted glasses when on honey moon but even in my most miserable moods I would I have not found much room for complaint. The trip to Jericoacara is at first a bit daunting but the moment the car hits the sandy beaches and you drive 5 meters from the ocean with kitesurfers racing at your side do you realize that you are in for a mind blowing experience.

We were met by the incredibly helpful, sweet and knowledgable reception staff with water and cold towels and escorted to our bungalow (hibiscus). The flower arrangement on the bed alone was worth the price of admission. The bedroom was cosy and the living room and fridge were stocked to your hearts content (coffee machine, apple TV, champagne, little kitchenette etc). There was also a second bathroom and a very nice outdoor patio with deckchairs to relax and chat in the evenings. It did feel like a little home away from home after 8 days!

The hotel as mentioned by other reviews only has 6 rooms but this is what makes this place truly special. Everything is done with love and an eye for detail. From the amazing lights climbing up the palm trees to the libraby stocked with books and magazines from all parts of the world. They even had some German magazines waiting for us in the room ( I am German!). You occasionally bump into the other guests but there rarely is a crowd anywhere. The pool is small but with the ocean to play just minutes from the door it is the ideal place to lounge and enjoy a cocktail at the submerged pool bar. Dinner is spectacular and the restaurant clearly serves the best cuisine in town. There is nothing more romantic and beautiful then sitting under the stars, just the two of you, as the most delicious dishes are served to you with a smile. A special danke schoen to Adrian who is the culinary designer of the menu and who happened to be creating new dishes while we were there. He catered to every one of our needs and was great company and an expert in all things Jeri. Thank you Adrian for an unforgeable last evening!
Breakfast is an additional delight catering to all tastes from fruits to omelettes and pancakes. I don't thing I have ever eaten so healthy and well all my life.

The hotel also has a weekly singer who comes in and sings to the guesst in the garden...a beautiful setting to listen to an acoustic performance.

We really had the most beautiful time and everyone of the staff, even if some did not speak English, was incredibly helpful and forthcoming. In that respect I would have to strongly contradict one of the previous reviewers who labelled Chili Beach as soulless. This place has soul, passion and that little extra that words cannot capture.

Geared towards couples no doubt but in my opinion you will struggle to find a more beautiful little hotel at a more spectacular place anywhere else in the world. If you enjoy any type of surfing you have truly arrived in heaven.

My only slight complaint was the construction of the bungalows that was going on next door, but those should have been completed by now.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Holland
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The Chili Beach is by far the most terrific venue to reside in Jericoacoara and it can rank with the top boutique hotels in the world. As a guest at the Chili Beach you are instantly made to feel right at home in your own "private estate" complete with fantastic service staff and a kitchen brigade that not only creates delicious local specialties but also specializes in Italian cuisine.

Its small size and great location make for a perfect hideaway. This picture perfect venue is indeed picture perfect and complemented by an exemplary team of hospitality professionals. I shall be back!

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are fantastic!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The Chili Beach is a great place to stay if you want to combine high quality service, an amazing location (very quiet), with perfect views of the ocean and sunset. The food is excellent and the hotel is overall very private.

While there are no specific areas for kids, the pool and the closeness to the ocean are more than plenty to keep them entertained all day. They also love the buggy rides and trips to the lagoons.

For kite and windsurfers its the absolute paradise with consistent winds. But there is plenty of other things to do: Quad biking, horseback riding, learning capoeira, etc.

I have been going to Jeri for over 15 years and have stayed at Vila Kalango, Rancho do Peixe, My Blue, Jeriba, etc. The Chili Beach is by far my favourite choice.

Room Tip: The best rooms are the two ocean view rooms. There are 2 garden view rooms and 2 bigger bungalows wh...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Moritzvh
Goiania, GO
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Excellent Hotel with only 6 rooms and perfect Service. I have stayed in many good Hotels, but this is really one of the best.

Service was the most exceptional item: we arrived at 4am in the morning, and everything was prepared (including something to eat free of Charge in the fridge). Perfect Service at breakfast (which in my opinion is in many good brazilian Hotels not on international Standard) as well as dinner (you really feel that they prepare the dinner specially for you as you want it). Towels and water for a beach day were also provided free of charge. Tours (for example with horses) as well. And all this applies really to every employee of the Hotel.

General appearance: very nicely made Hotel. The pool is not really large, but sufficient. Based on the small size, it is still a relatively large area and everything of high Quality. The rooms as well.

Location: actually not directly at the beach, but 50m away with a restricted view on the beach. Not optimal, but still really good. Jericoacoara is a nice Little City, but the beach is not over exceptional. However, we made a Quad-Trip through the dune and arrived at beaches which are completely empty with absolutely noone there.

General remark: I must say that I was a bit disappointed when I arrived there (at 4am), because I expected something impossible: a beach Resort directly at the beach with all Equipment and attractions and at the same time small with 6 rooms (I confess, that this is really impossible to offer), but after 4 days I do not regret anything: attractions big beach Resorts offer, Chili beach is organizing for you. So, you do not miss anything but in contrast to big beach Resorts, you have a quiet surrounding with perfect Service.
I do not like to go to the same Hotel in General, because I like to know new places. However, with CHili Beach I would make an exception and go there again. Besides, I must say that the Price was really low in my opinion.

Room Tip: The beach view Bungalows do not really have a beach view, but they have a nicer outside area in fron...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Washington DC
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Outstanding boutique hotel. The best in Brazil. Great location, outstanding service, very good food, perfect service. They truly strive to serve your every need. Very discriminating on tour operator selections. When we had to change to an evening ride back to Fortaleza, they offered us to a shower and nap after a day on the sand dunes, even though we had already checked out. That is service! Jericaocaora is a must see in Brazil, and Chili Beach is the must stay place in Jeri.

• Stayed July 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

One of the top boutique beach resorts we've stayed at - and I've been to 80+ countries and we spend a good two months a year chasing to find places like this.

Definitely on my favorite list fir now on. Worth the 30 minute pickup truck off road to get to the famous little hippy town that I can't spell.

Big tip- we travel 5 weeks at a time, so need a suitcase each as we live to dress for events. Do not bring a suitcase to this town. Only way to get to it, and its worth it, is off road via sand dunes, on pickup trucks. Leave suitcase at hotel storage wherever you fly into, like Fortaleza. Take little bags.We do this often, never have had an issue.

• Stayed July 2012