We first travelled to Jericoacoara 14 years ago, this year I convinced my wife that we should go back.
We were a bit worried it may of lost some of its quaintness and charm.B
ut Jeri did not disappoint and neither did the Chili Beach Hotel.
Yes its a bit on an adventure to get there, it can be done in a day but we flew from Sao Paulo and decided to stay one night in Fortaleza and got picked up by private transfer the next morning, time permitting I would recommend this, you just wake up refreshed and ready for the 4 hour drive to Jeri.
If your looking for relaxation and a beautiful place to stay then I would recommend anyone to stay here, what I really liked about The Chili Beach was that it only has six rooms and it felt intimate, during our stay we got to know all the staff who were both friendly and professional.
Reception very helpful and friendly, nice touch when your going out for the day a beach bag with towels and mineral water. All round very good .
Breakfast very nice Brazilian style buffet, after the first morning the lady cooking my omelette remembered what I liked and was always on it as soon as I appeared for breakfast each day, what ever the time, even after a heavy night and arriving just after the cut off time for breakfast , not a problem.
Bar Lunch , Attentive friendly service and great food, Served in the restaurant, by the pool or in the pool !
Bar , Restaurant Dinner, Attentive friendly Service and great food.
We ate both lunch and dinner and the food is of a very high standard and also not to expensive and good value for money, like wise the bar prices were not over the top either.
Large selection of dishes to choose from - Starters,Salads,Pasta,Meat,Fish,Sandwiches.
For fish lovers the Sea Bass baked in sea salt is amazing .
Excellent complimentary cocktails every night .
Rooms Spotless and of a high standard with all mod cons, well stocked mini bar.
The general tidiness and cleanliness of the place was impeccable.
All of the staff from the maintenance men, receptionists,chamber maids, barmen, waiters and chefs were all very welcoming and friendly , which for me sets this place apart .
You can have the best facilities in the world but without a good team of staff the place would be soulless !
I would recommend anyone to stay at this hotel it really is worth every penny !
But and there's always a but, I understand that they a planning on building some more rooms, which there is room to do so , but please, please, not to many that you spoil the charm and intimacy of the place.
Finally, we stayed for seven nights and spent most days by the pool, why would you want to go any where else , during this time we encountered the manager on several occasions, not once during our stay did he acknowledge us with a hello , good evening or good morning . This is very poor, may I suggest that he takes a leaf out of his employees book and be a little more welcoming and less aloof .
I would stay at the Chili Beach again and I recommend that you do too !
It really is as good as all the other positive reviews.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chili Beach Hotel is located on a beach that was voted amongst the 10 most beautiful in the world by the Washington Post. The small village of Jericoacoara has become a much sought after destination by those in search of unspoiled beaches and a non-commercialized ambience. From the very beginning the focus of the Chili Beach Hotel has been to provide luxury accommodation and personalized service to our guests in this very isolated piece of paradise. The fusion of 5 star service and plush accommodations in this very distant and inaccessible region of stark natural beauty is unique to our hotel and has allowed us to cater to those that are seeking this combination. The Chili Beach has an alluring style combining tropical beach design with contemporary decor and luxurious finishing. Our hotel provides direct access to a deserted beach. Our amenities include a swimming pool, open air gourmet italian and local specialty restaurant overlooking the sea, a wellness center and SPA, poolside bar, Beach Club and private tropical gardens attached to each room. The sundeck, lounge and library provide the setting to enjoy a cocktail or a glass of champagne while watching the most beautiful sunset in Brazil. Our friendly and bi-lingual staff is on call to organize sporting activities and guided tours, whether on foot, horseback or by dune buggy. We are also available to organize every detail of your transfers between Fortaleza and Jericoacoara. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Chili Beach Boutique Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chili Beach Boutique Hotels And Resort
- The Chili Beach Boutique Hotel Jericoacoara
- The Chili Beach Boutique Hotels & Resorts Jericoacoara, Brazil