“Cuttest Pousada in Town”
Review of Cumelen

Cumelen
Ranked #13 of 103 Jericoacoara B&B and Inns
Sao Paulo, SP
“Cuttest Pousada in Town”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

This extremely cute little hide away in Jericoacoara will not disappoint. I spend a few days there during my travels in Jeri, and i was marveled by its charming environment. Although the place is very simple, with only two suites, Dolores and Helio do a great job in making you feel like home. The great thing about the pousada is that if you are traveling with some friends (and occupy both suites) you have the whole place to yourself! There is a lovely garden and bbq for a fun time at lunch.

Breakfast is delicious, and the rates are even more! R$85 - R$130 per night (depending on the season), great price huh?

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Vail
Reviewed 27 November 2011

My husband & I had a wonderful time staying at Cumelen! The grounds & bbq area are gorgeous & the property is very quite & relaxing! We loved having a kitchen in the chalet, being off the beaten path & the hammock/patio was excellent for napping. Our breakfasts were always ready as soon as we woke up & very tasty!l Dolores & Emelio are amazing people! Highly recommend staying here! (Sorry this review is way over due Dolores!!)

Jamie & Chris ~Vail, Colorado

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jamie T
CUMELEN_JERI, Owner at Cumelen, responded to this review, 8 December 2011
Thank you so much Jamie for your comments and taking the time, I am glad you enjoy the time you spent with us. See you soon,
Dolores
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I had a great stay, is the second time I'm in Cumlen. The Cumelen is a strategic point without being in the midst of noise, perfect for go with friends family boyfriend or by yourself. The room is large enough, and has a structure (stove and fridge) for those wishing to save on food. Managers Dolores and Helio are very nice and serve a great breakfast. Anyway, I recommend for the hospitality, the informal atmosphere, and price. If you switch back to Jeri certainly return to Cumelen, even if it is to take lessons in Kite with Helio or Dolores.

Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
fiorano modenese
Reviewed 28 August 2011

This pousada is small and unique, the welcome is warm and kind, the atmosphere is relaxing and troubleless. You'll definitely feel at home here. The two rooms are confortable and clean enough. Last but not least the great breakfast that Dolores serves in the morning, natural and every day different: it kept us 2 hours at the table every day!! They can also help you with the transfer to and from Fortaleza, they can provide windsurf or kitesurf lessons, trips and journey. We definitely loved the one week stay.
Just consider is a bit "far" from the main road and main beach....5 minutes walking on a sandy road, can you afford it? Dolores and Helio, una vez màs muchas gracias, muito obrigado!!
Stefano e Davide

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
CUMELEN_JERI, Owner at Cumelen, responded to this review, 19 September 2011
Thanks Stefano, it was great to have you here guys, hope you can make it again soon so we can go downwind to Tatajuba kiting! Abrazos,
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Lovely & tiny poussada run by a friendly couple. Yummy breakfast served on the beautiful terrace surrounded by blossom trees... My 3-year old niece spent her evenings running after frogs and lizards... A good address I warmly recommend!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Jeri is perfect if you're looking to get away and enjoy closeness to nature, nice beaches, good food etc. Cumelen, situated a little bit off the main roads and the middle of what can be called the hustle and bustle, offers its guests two cottages with a bathroom and kitchen at the bottom floor and a bedroom with a TV above it. There's a hammock and sitting area for each of the houses as well as a very cosy area in the garden. The day I arrived I had beautiful fresh flowers in the kitchen and the owners put a lot of care into the breakfast as well which is plentiful and delicious with fresh fruit juice, fruit, bread cheese, coffee... The place is lovely, calm and beautiful and since Jeri is small, it's still easy and close to all the restaurants.

I stayed for 3 nights and paid 75BRL per night, which is above what other places charge, but there are few that are situated in a spot that's as calm as this one. It is perfect for a couple that is looking for a romantic stay, with some dinners in the cottage some in town, a possibility to watch movies while travelling.

It is however too calm if you're travelling alone and would like to meet some people along the way and pricey compared to staying at a hostel. Asking an additional 5 BRL per day for wireless internet was a bit of a surprise to me since, again, hostels I had stayed at offered it for free in the cheaper accomodation price. It also doesn't work upstairs in the cottage furthest away from the house. One thing that I found a negative point, is that during my 3 nights, the place wasn't cleaned and the little frogs make it into the house aren't potty trained, so I had a few strands of frog doody on my bathroom wall.

All in all, travelling with a partner, I'd gladly stay there again. Travelling alone, I think I'll chose a place I can meet others in the same situation as myself.

Room Tip: If you want wireless, pick the cottage closest to the house, i.e. the second one from the entrance.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
CUMELEN_JERI, Owner at Cumelen, responded to this review, 1 August 2011
Thanks for your review.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed our quiet location and our homemade breakfast.

Thank you for telling us that the Wi-Fi was not working at the front cottage, we didn´t know that.

We can improve our guest's wireless connection performance by changing minor settings in your device.
We can solve all kinds of IT issues by ourselves, if the guest tells us there is a problem.

As well, internet connection is now free-of-charge.

I am surprised to know that your room has not been cleaned during your stay. Sometimes we don’t want to disturb our guests when we realize they spend most time in the room. But for sure we will put more attention to this matter.

We look forward to your next visit,

Dolores
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2011

My partner and I stayed at Cumulen for 9 days in June. We had originally only booked for a few nights, but we loved the accommodation (and town) so much that we stayed longer. The two cottages are quaint and beautiful, and they come with a kitchen which was great for us, as we didn't want to eat out for every meal. We spent many mornings on the lovely little patio out front of our cottage enjoying the beautiful garden. We also enjoyed having satellite TV and watching movies on nights we weren't out at the beach. The only possible downsides are: no air-con (but we were there it was winter and it was not needed) and that we had to ask for things to be refilled or replaced, but that really didn't bother us at all. It's true that Cumulen is 5 minutes from the beach, but it was worth it for the beauty of the accommodation and the value (only 60 R per night!). Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
CUMELEN_JERI, Owner at Cumelen, responded to this review, 12 July 2011
Thanks for your review.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our quiet and environmentally-friendly cottages.

Hope you can visit us again some time soon,

Cheers from Jeri