“Need a weekend away to relax and unwind? Try Appleton Comfort Suites.”

Comfort Suites Appleton Airport
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Appleton
Franklin, Wisconsin
“Need a weekend away to relax and unwind? Try Appleton Comfort Suites.”
Reviewed 4 December 2010

We have been visiting Appleton Comfort Suites for about 10 years, girls weekend lounging poolside, shopping and just a relaxing way to unwind. We are up to 7 rooms and as usual we get fantastic service from Angie and everyone else at the front desk. Would recommend this relaxing weekend for anyone who needs to get away and unwind. We usually get to hotel Friday afternoon and we all hate to leave Sunday morning. We already made our reservations for next year. We cannot wait!!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Relaxxeddd
cgifford, General Manager at Comfort Suites Appleton Airport, responded to this review, 6 January 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the Comfort Suites Appleton. It is always good to here from our guests regarding their stays with us. Hope you visit us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed 4 December 2010

The Comfort Suites in Appleton is a neat place to go to relax with your family. It has a large swimming pool, sauna and hot tub. I like the fact that the pool water temperature is warmer than most motels with pools that I have stayed at. The rooms are comfortable and large. The continental breakfast has a large assortment of items to choose from and it is replemished often as needed. There is a 'happy hour' from 5 to 7 pm where guest can sit and relax with complimentary drinks and popcorn.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Norb01
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property regarding your recent stay. Glad to here you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you come again.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I've seen some negative reviews of this hotel, but we had no problems during our June 2010 stay. We were there for an entire week. The price was the best around, the location was perfect. We did request a QUIET room and were given one with no hassle. We observed people cleaning banisters, floors, shelves, etc. in the public areas nearly every day and our room was clean also. Breakfast entrees varied daily and everyone on the staff was friendly. We took day trips to museums and parks all around the area and were always happy to arrive "home" at the end of the day, especially if it was happy hour! We'd stay here again when visiting family in the area and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank 2sockies
HIMSN, Owner at Comfort Suites Appleton Airport, responded to this review, 28 June 2010
2sockies: Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and considered us "home". Ultimately that is the goal of our company "Feel at home with us". So to hear that you felt at home means we did our job to make your stay a success. Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Twin Lakes, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 June 2010

My husband and I came home on leave during the Easter weekend. It was the first Easter that I have been home in years. The price of the room was affordable,but when we arrived, the place was noisey and croweded. People were sitting on the furniture in their swimwear and kids were running up and down the hall. The cleanliness of the room was fair. Housekeeping needs to ensure they actually clean the bathroom floor as there was someone else's hair on it.

They did not plan well for the weekend, as the next morning the coffee was out of all the carafe's and they were lacking a lot the breakfast items. The next day on our way home, I noticed I had left my phone charger. I contacted the hotel manager and they said, housekeeping did not turn it in. I asked if they would call me and I was assured they would. Followed up a week later and they stated it had not been turned in, but they would look. No luck. I waited another 3-weeks when I came home again on leave. I personally went to the hotel and after waiting 30-minutes in the lobby, they finally found my charger, which had the date they originally found it, which was the day after my stay. The manager didn't even have the courtesy to hand me the charger. He handed it to the individual at the counter and went back to his office. Extremely unprofessional. No apologizes for the delay in waiting, no apology not getting back to me. He definately needs some lessons in customer service. Running to the office and letting the receptionist handle the dirty work does not count it. I expected better and did not get it.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NAVY_YNC
NAVY_YNC: Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to inform us of your recent experience at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology for the trouble you experienced with your phone charger that was left behind. I want you to know that I have discussed your review with our management team at the hotel. We have taken necessary steps to insure that same issue does not occur in the future. Thank you again for making us aware of your experience. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and prove to you that we are committed to providing the best experience for you and all of our guests. Truly appreciate your feedback.
Florida
Reviewed 18 January 2010

In an age where customer "service" seems to be a concept long forgotten, our stay at the Appleton Comfort Suites (December 18, 2009-January 2, 2010) was a refreshing step back to a bygone era of bend-over-backwards courtesy and attention to every detail. From the first phone call setting up our reservation to our check-out, the staff exceeded our expectations on a daily basis. There were few needs that were not anticipated, and those few that arose were dealt with immediately and with cheerful smiling faces. After our December 22 marriage, we were even surprised with a wedding gift from the staff!

The facility itself was exceptionally clean and well-appointed, with wonderfully comfortable beds, spacious rooms, a large indoor pool and spa, exercise room and laundramat.

We have already begun planning a return trip for next Christmas, and will be bringing our extended family with us!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DawnandArt
cgifford, General Manager at Comfort Suites Appleton Airport, responded to this review, 27 January 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Comfort Suites Appleton Airport. Your comments are very valuable to us. I am so glad to here you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will visit us again soon.
At Your Service.
Charles Gifford, CHA
Madison
Reviewed 28 December 2009

Stayed there with some customers for a Packer game. Great rooms, very clean. Dome area is huge, great pool, hot tub. Everything very clean. Service was excellant, even arranged a ride to and fromt he game (made life very easy!). Best of all, saved a bundle staying in Appleton vs. Green Bay.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank ART53562
Minnesota
Reviewed 2 November 2009

My husband and I purchased the Halloween package that included the room (119), Burial Chamber V.I.P. tickets, complimentary drinks from 5-7, pizza, and a shuttle ride to the event. We could have stayed free at 2 other hotel chains with our reward points, but this is the only hotel to partner with this event, so we gave them a try and were not disappointed. The staff was fun, helpful and professional.

We stay at approximately 30-50 hotels a year, so we are not strangers to what is acceptable in a room and what is a petty annoyance. The bathroom sink and tub did show some wear, but that didn't diminish how happy we were with this hotel. Our stay was great and the hotel exceeded our expectations, room was clean, with an extremely comfortable bed.
Happy Travels,
Kristi G

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
cgifford, General Manager at Comfort Suites Appleton Airport, responded to this review, 18 November 2009
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. I always love to hear feedback from our guests.

Glad to hear you enjoyed our Haunted House Package. It has become very popular. Hope you can join us again next year.