I chose this location instead of the Neenah location, because the photos made it seem cleaner and nicer. First off, there were handicapped spaces, but no elevator. Here is the list of things that were wrong with my room.
1. The floor was in desperate need of repairs. I was on the second floor and I was scared to walk around too much for fear of falling through the floor and landing on top of someone below me.
2. The bathroom was super tiny and the sink was outside the bathroom with inadequate counterspace.
3. The bathroom doorknob was broken and hanging loosely in the door, so I couldn't close the door for fear of getting trapped in the bathroom.
4. There was mold in the shower and the tiles were cracked all along the tub.
5. There was a huge spider smashed on the ceiling of the shower.
6. The shower head was broken. When I tried to change the spray setting it practically came apart in my hands.
7. The tub drain was broken. I had to constantly turn the water off and hold open to drain the water.
8. I used the bath mat towel, wash cloth, hand towel, and 2 towels (one for body and one for my hair). One of my towels had blackish stains and grass all over it and it was folded up in the towel rack over the toilet like that.
9. The room smelled musty, probably because of the Glade warmer that wasn't working.
10. When I tried to use the blow dryer, it didn't work. Noticed that the outlet it was plugged into had a RED light and the RESET button wouldn't let me push it back in. Good thing there was an outlet by the light switch and that one was okay to use.
11. My room was really warm/borderline hot when I checked in, so I turned on the A/C. I left to go to dinner with friends and when I got back the room was not much cooler.
12. When I was turning down the bed at the end of the night something caught my eye, and I got an unsettling feeling. I went and turned on the lights and to my horror I saw that the sheet that was supposed to be directly on top of me was COVERED in stains. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever experienced in my entire life. Totally unacceptable!! As if that wasn't enough, I decided I would sleep without covers since the room was so warm anyway, but when I moved the pillows there was hair ALL OVER THEM! The bed was horrid.
#12 was the straw that broke the camel's back. I paid $80 for this room and I was willing to overlook the cosmetic issues, but the bed. No way. I immediately got dressed and checked out. Ended up leaving 6 hours ahead of schedule. I just could not stay there another second. I was mortified. There is honestly nothing that this location could do to make up for it, short of giving me a full refund.
The next time I come up to visit friends I'm staying somewhere with a 5 star rating, no more taking chances.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Motel 6 Appleton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Appleton Hotel Appleton
- Appleton Days Inn