“The hotel room was very clean and well kept. The hotel...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Appleton

Motel 6 Appleton
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Appleton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Scandinavia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Very disappointed. We actually left early. The hotel smelled; the room was disgusting. Was told we had no choice; all the rooms were the same.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

jodij541, General Manager at Motel 6 Appleton, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

I apologize that our rooms were not to your liking. We are an older property and we have done some remodeling, but the hotel is not finished yet. We are a work in progress.

We do have different rooms, I am not sure why you were not offered to move, again, this is a training issue that we will use.

I hope when your travels bring you back to Appleton, you will give us another chance.

Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I chose this location instead of the Neenah location, because the photos made it seem cleaner and nicer. First off, there were handicapped spaces, but no elevator. Here is the list of things that were wrong with my room.

1. The floor was in desperate need of repairs. I was on the second floor and I was scared to walk around too much for fear of falling through the floor and landing on top of someone below me.
2. The bathroom was super tiny and the sink was outside the bathroom with inadequate counterspace.
3. The bathroom doorknob was broken and hanging loosely in the door, so I couldn't close the door for fear of getting trapped in the bathroom.
4. There was mold in the shower and the tiles were cracked all along the tub.
5. There was a huge spider smashed on the ceiling of the shower.
6. The shower head was broken. When I tried to change the spray setting it practically came apart in my hands.
7. The tub drain was broken. I had to constantly turn the water off and hold open to drain the water.
8. I used the bath mat towel, wash cloth, hand towel, and 2 towels (one for body and one for my hair). One of my towels had blackish stains and grass all over it and it was folded up in the towel rack over the toilet like that.
9. The room smelled musty, probably because of the Glade warmer that wasn't working.
10. When I tried to use the blow dryer, it didn't work. Noticed that the outlet it was plugged into had a RED light and the RESET button wouldn't let me push it back in. Good thing there was an outlet by the light switch and that one was okay to use.
11. My room was really warm/borderline hot when I checked in, so I turned on the A/C. I left to go to dinner with friends and when I got back the room was not much cooler.
12. When I was turning down the bed at the end of the night something caught my eye, and I got an unsettling feeling. I went and turned on the lights and to my horror I saw that the sheet that was supposed to be directly on top of me was COVERED in stains. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever experienced in my entire life. Totally unacceptable!! As if that wasn't enough, I decided I would sleep without covers since the room was so warm anyway, but when I moved the pillows there was hair ALL OVER THEM! The bed was horrid.

#12 was the straw that broke the camel's back. I paid $80 for this room and I was willing to overlook the cosmetic issues, but the bed. No way. I immediately got dressed and checked out. Ended up leaving 6 hours ahead of schedule. I just could not stay there another second. I was mortified. There is honestly nothing that this location could do to make up for it, short of giving me a full refund.

The next time I come up to visit friends I'm staying somewhere with a 5 star rating, no more taking chances.

Room Tip: As far as I know, this is one to pass.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Susan S
We appreciate taking the time to review our hotel.

I know that we have had outside conversations regarding your stay, and I hope that your stay will be the last of unfortunate experiences.

As a new manager, I take very seriously any issues - and I will make sure to do what I can to remedy them and turn a negative into a positive.

We again, appreciate your letting us know where we fell short, and where we can improve.

We hope to see you next time you are in the Appleton area visiting friends.
Milwaukee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

The concierge at the front desk was very helpful in acquiring a cab for me. being that it was Oktoberfest in Appleton that weekend. the room was overall okay. the bathroom tile had mold or dirt on it. which to me was the only disappointing aspect. The continental breakfast was pretty good.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

jodi j, General Manager at Motel 6 Appleton, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for attending Octoberfest in Appleton and staying with us at the Days Inn!! We appreciate your taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to your staying with us again!!
Sun City West, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed here again because it is convenient and reasonable. This stay was improved over the previous stay a year ago. They are making an effort to improve things. Our room was still pretty bare bones as would be expected from a economy hotel. The lobby staff was much friendlier and the hotel management made a decision to provide breakfast extra early on Sunday morning and to delay checkout time until 2:00 pm to accommodate the many guests, like us, who were participating in the Fox Cities Marathon on Sunday. This allowed us to grab some fruit, yogurt and coffee when we got up and also have time to return after the marathon and shower in our room. This was a wonderful touch and Days Inn deserves kudo's for allowing this. Everything about our stay was acceptable and I would rate this a 4 except that this is an older property with small rooms and still in need of some updates. But I will definitely return as I'm sure they will continue to make improvements, especially if they continue to provide thoughtful "extras" for their customers like they did for us..

Room Tip: No elevator but I think it is quieter on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Blase' Jose'
Thank you so much for your kind review!!

As you could see during your stay, we are trying!! We are working at getting new products and updating the hotel.

We love the fact that you enjoyed our guest service agents and our extras that we could offer our guests the weekend that you stayed with us.

We have the best staff and also we truly appreciate your business ~ See you next time!!!