See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 June 2018

After posting a not-so-stellar review from our experience a few months ago, management reached out and asked me to give them another chance, with an updated room and a good price for two nights. I took him up on his offer - and was very pleased! I got a nice, updated room that was clean and comfortable. MUCH better than the one I had a month prior.

During the night it SNOWED (in April!) and everything was knee deep in heavy snow - including the hotel's parking lot. We had to get out by 8am, and my car wasn't budging. It was a unexpected BAD situation. Management was as helpful as he could be; he looked up our travel route, printed out maps of roads that might be better cleared, and provided a shovel to start digging while we waited for the snowplows to clear the parking lot. The plows were in fairly quickly and we were able to be on our way... slowly and carefully.

I would say that the hotel redeemed itself from our first visit, both in the quality of the room, and the caring manner in which the manager helped rectify the situation.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newer updated rooms
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2018

If you don't mind paper thin walls and a less than stellar facility - this place is for you!

The carpet is in need of replacement, as are the furniture and just about everything else.

We have a double room - it's fairly small and the bathroom is TINY. Barely any room to turn around. The hot water in the shower BARELY comes out - the only way to get any water pressure is to turn on the cold water! It appears they have limited the hot water.

The wind blows through the windows; as I sit on the bed I can see the curtains move, and feel the cold wind on my arms.

Hole in the ceiling, nails in the walls behind the beds where pictures used to hang - and electrical cords hanging in plain view. Power strips are nice to have, but rather odd. But again - this is Motel 6.

No one came to clean our rooms, or bring any extra towels or take the old ones away. We had to go to the front desk to get our own. We put our garbage bags outside our door.

On the plus side - the bed is very comfortable, even with a few burn holes on the bedspread. And they do take dogs with no extra fee.

This used to be a Day's Inn - if you look at the older reviews, you will see people mentioning the name, and a former manager talking about breakfast and Wyndham.

It will be interesting to see if the manager replies with the exact same reply as on nearly every other review that expressed a problem...

Room Tip: Ask to be away from others - walls are paper thing
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dempster S
Jake D, General Manager at Motel 6 Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear valued guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your most recent stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us. I am sorry to hear we fell short of our promise of great guest service with a clean and comfortable room. I will talk with the housekeeping staff about your missed housekeeping, to ensure this doesn't happen again.

We do have some rooms that are remodeled, and we are in the process of replacing carpets with our wood effect flooring design, i would love to be able to show you one of our room's that is completely remodeled.

Please feel free to reach out to me at 920-733-5551 or email me at gm@motel6appleton.com so we can discuss your stay in greater detail.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

This motel is in sad shape. The carpeting is cut and stained, the baseboard heater is rusty, the outlet plates are yellowed and cracked. No coffeemaker, no Kleenex or shampoo, no refrigerator or microwave. Housekeeping did not even come to my room. On the 2nd night, my room key had been deactivated. The front desk fixed it, but no explanation or apology. For $158 for 2 nights I feel like I was ripped off. Won't be back.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Jake D, General Manager at Motel 6 Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. Your feedback is very important to us.

We strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations.

Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Enroute to Appleton WI, we reserved a room at Motel 6 via booking.com. We used GPS to locate and travel to the motel. Conveniently located 1st street off the highway. Room was reasonably priced. Motel 6 had fared much better in on-line reviews than the two cheaper options provided by booking.com. Room was very clean, had great amenities. The faults were loud neighbors and the cable tv reception broke overnight. No breakfast, but coffee and iced water was provided.

Stayed: October 2017
Jake D, General Manager at Motel 6 Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

Your feedback will be shared with the team to serve as recognition and encouragement as we strive to continuously improve our guest experience.

Thank you again for sharing. We hope your next visit will be even better.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Nice staff, but the room smelled like stale cigarettes. Stayed 2 nights first night could barely breath. Got some febreeze and the second night was ok. For what ever reason the floors on the main floor are not flat, it had dips and ripples. Wall air conditioner had no directions about froze us out. Bed and bedding seemed very new and were ok as well as the towels. Carpet on the on the other hand needed a cleaning or replaced.

Room Tip: Rooms with one queen bed are fairly small.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family