“My best choice, but needs improvements”

Holiday Inn Appleton
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“My best choice, but needs improvements”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Good hotel and value for money. Rooms are clean and spacious, staff in general are very nice and helpful.

My only negative comment is that the breakfast buffet is less than average and the restaurant staff are unfriendly.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Pulaski, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We stayed here the night before an early morning flight out of Appleton. I was not sure how this hotel would be since I didn't know anyone that had stayed here. Needing a place with an airport shuttle, I really had no choice.
We were quite surprised. The room was clean, large, quiet, and for whatever reason, it was on the executive level. Prior to my stay here, I had never stayed in a hotel where I wasn't woken up at least 3 times by slamming doors at least 3 times. Not here! It was bliss.
The amenties were nice, bathroom was big and clean. We had a King sofabed room. Our 12-year old said the sofa bed was comfortable. The bed was really comfortable.
We didn't eat at the restaurant so I can't say how that is.
Most of the staff was great. The only thing we didn't care for was the morning desk clerk. When I called down to the desk to arrange our ride and the clerk argued with me about what time I needed to leave. He said that I didn't need to leave as early as we were. I was a little put out by that and still left when I wanted. He did apologize when we got downstairs, but still you don't TELL the customer what they want, the customer tells you.
We will stay here again for our next early flight.

Room Tip: If you can, book the club or executive level. It's carded access so much quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
West Des Moines
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We stayed 1 night on our way to Green Bay. The room was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. Our 2 Double-bed room included an armchair with ottoman, refrigerator & microwave. The employees were all very nice and friendly. The hotel has quiet hours starting at 10:00 pm, which was great, because there were many kids cruising around earlier in the evening. Another great idea they had was elevator operators (weekends), which kept the kids from playing in the elevators.

Room Tip: If there are baseball, soccer, etc. teams staying there, ask for a room away from the ice machine...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
De Forest, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We were told that if rented a minimum number of rooms that we could have use to one of their banquet rooms. We had roughly a 100+ people there and some were gathered in the banquet room playing cards and such. The manager came in and told us we had 10 minutes to get out because they needed to clean the room for the next day. We were never told earlier when we booked our rooms that this would be an issue. We were then kicked out into the bar where the manager personally dumped out our drinks and told us we had to purchase drinks from the bar to remain in there. WE WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE NOR EVER RETURN!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Randi B
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
I apologize for the way our staff handled your group and the hospitality room. I have reviewed your comments with our entire staff and realize that communication is very important for an enjoyable guest stay. While we offer hospitality rooms for many groups, sometimes those rooms are booked the next day for meetings, which require staff to clean and re-set the rooms. We try very hard to ensure the group leader knows this ahead of time to avoid such confusion.
Again I apologize that this may not have happened. State law requires that only purchased drinks are served in our bar and pub. We are not allowed to have carry-ins in these areas. It seems that we coluld have relayed this information to you in a better way.

Your feedback is important to us and we have better lines of communication in place to help with these situations in the future. Shawn Kennedy GM

Travellers are raving about these Appleton hotels

De Forest, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We stayed here for a soccer tournament about a month ago. My son and I got in late around 10:00 so we went to the bar to get a couple of sodas. The manager came up to us and said "you cant be in here you have to leave now". We were not ordering drinks just pepsi. We had a block of 100 rooms and they told us we could have a banquet room. Well before I got there they kicked us out and said "they have a gift opening in the morning and had to clean". I have never been to a hotel and talked to like a kid. If you cant handel a few soccer teams dont take the reservations!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

Decent hotel. Good location. Crazy weekend with state soccer tourney in town. All of my special requests were granted. Check-in good,

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Shawn K, Manager at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Thank You for your feedback and choosing the Holiday Inn Appleton. We are glad you had such a great time and hope to host you and your group in the future! Shawn Kennedy
milwaukee, wi
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We reserved a room for 2 adults and 2 children, no smoking. When we checked in we were given a room with one bed and told that there were no rollaways available. The room also smelled like a smoking room. When I asked to be switched to a room w/2 beds I was told that since we booked through Hotwire, there was nothing they could do for us. The front desk clerk was not nice at all. One call to Hotwire and they booked us into a different (much nicer) hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Shawn K, Manager at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
We apologize for not being albe to accomodate your request for a room with two beds. This weekend was very busy with the State Cup Soccer and the only rooms that were left were rooms with one bed. I apologize that Hotwire did not inform you that was the type of room they booked for you. We appreciate you selecting our hotel and hope to have the chance to have you as our guest in the near future. Shawn Kennedy