“Great for Business Trips” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Appleton

Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
Cambridge, Minnesota
“Great for Business Trips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

One has to give this hotel credit for realizing it needed to be updated and beginning the construction to make it happen. Because of the location, if one needs to be in Appleton it is perfect....right off the highway and close to many places to eat. The staff is fabulous and accommodating every time we walked by the desk. Would very much like to visit after the work is complete, but as is, good place to stop for a business trip in Appleton!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Billings, Montana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

We found the staff at this hotel to be very friendly and accomodating. Front desk help greeted us every time we walked through the lobby, Housekeeping was quick to get us an extra blanket when my husband wanted to relax in the lounge chair without disturbing the bed linens; they brought us extra kleenex and coffee immediately after it was requested and the waitresses in both the bar and breakfast cafe were excellent. I managed to lose my purse and one of the front desk employees found it and called me after checking all the places in the hotel I had visited earlier in the evening. He was careful to have me describe it when I came down for retrieval so the wrong person did not end up with my information. The room was spacious, beds comfortable and though a freeway runs right past, there was no outside noise. Our stay was three nights and we will definitely stay there again if we make another trip to the Green Bay/ Appleton area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mindy L, Manager at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. The staff of the Holiday Inn Appleton tries very hard to make sure that all of our guests feel just as comfortable and welcome as they would in their own homes. We can't wait to see you again.

Sales Manager
Traverse City, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

Just your standard run of the mill Holiday Inn. Bigger one. Stayed here for a Packer game. Never used pool area although looks nice and big. Bar is open till midnight which is nice after dinner on the town. Rooms are average and spacious. All the pillows are a little too firm for our liking but I made it work. Gf didn’t use a pillow. Beds were comfy. Half the channels on the TV have NO SIGNAL floating around which is extremely annoying. Channels that aren’t digital are barely watchable due to static. Funny that the room that’s next to ours; their channels work fine. Hmmm? Shower also seems to have a mind of its own when it came to the water temp. It would get so hot at times where I would have to step out of the stream for a second. Seems like all Holiday Inns I have something to pick with.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
I am so sorry that you did not have a perfect stay with us last fall. You will be happy to know that since your stay we have taken great steps have have remedied the issues with the television channels. We have also begun a major guest room renovation that will be completed this April.

Hopefully next time you are in town for a Packer game you will choose to stay with us and will be pleasantly surprised by all the exciting changes that we have been making.

Thank you!

Sales Manager
Mundelein, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

This is the best hotel to stay for me either before or after a vacation!! I just came back from a Vegas weekend and it was so nice to be picked up from the Appleton airport and dropped at the Holiday Inn. Check in was quick and the room was clean and very comfortable. One thing I love is you can go down stairs from your room for a beer or whatever and something to eat. After a long flight all I want is something to eat,drink and a good nights sleep!! I also love the free cookies and milk before bed, nice touch. If you need a boarding pass the front desk is always there to print it out for you again a nice service. Everyone at the front desk is always friendly and very welcoming . You will always get a good night sleep, the beds a very comfortable!! This is a hotel family friendly or good if you are traveling by yourself. Whenever I travel I always come to this hotel!!

Room Tip: There all nice rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Where we live you have to travel a day before you can fly out, this year we chose to fly from the Appleton Wisconsin airport to Jamaica. Seem less travel all the way through, thanks Delta and Appleton. The night before we arrived in Appleton to a nasty snowstorm, we checked in at the Holiday Inn, Appleton. Our room was nicely updated, clean, quiet (you'd never know its adjacent to the freeway). Our location was nice two blocks from the mall and a lot of eaters around it.

This is my second stay here and I'll be a repeat customer.

Room Tip: We left before breakfast so I can't really grade that and sorry we didn't use the spa, not e...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

We stayed for a weekend for a basketball tournament. They gave us a great book of rooms with the team together. What I loved about this hotel is how they controlled the crowd. With numerous hockey, basketball and other sporting events going on, they kept the kids from running the hotel around the hotel like crazy! They had the elevators monitored and more. Also upon a simple request our team was allowed to use a small conference room to gather for pizzas and drinks. Rooms were clean and pool also.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mindy L, Group Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
KGillett-

Thank you so much for your kind words. The Holiday Inn Appleton tries our very best to make sure that all of our guests enjoy a peaceful stay, even if there are several youth teams here. We hope to see you again for your next stay in Appleton.

Group Sales Manager
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

Upon driving up to the hotel one could tell this place was on the older side. I checked into the hotel with a very nice staff member. I'm a gold member and usually I receive 1-2 free drink tickets to their in-house bar/restaurant, but at this hotel I only received a $5.00 off coupon on food or drink upon check-in which was a little different. During my walk to my room, the hallways showed wear and marks on the wall from previous travelers.

I was given room 509 which has a view of the front parking lot and street, which had double beds, refrigerator, microwave and desk. It was a nice size and very comfortable. The room was clean and the beds were quite comfy with the standard Holiday Inn pillows. The only downside is that the TV didn't seem to have the best quality reception.

The room service menu was lacking, but very reasonable prices. I didn't order any food as nothing sounded good to me. The location is nice, right off the highway with lots of surrounding shopping and restaurants.

I would stay here again and I also want to let you know that their booking staff was very accommodating. I originally booked the room for two nights on a pre-paid booking and I had to cancel one night due to changes in my travels. I called them to cancel and the lady offered to refund my money for the cancellation which was very nice and unexpected as I don't think a lot of hotels would of done that since I pre-paid for the room on their website.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shawn K, Manager at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this review, 15 December 2012
Thank You for your comments on your most recent stay. I am pleased to tell you that in January of 2013 we will be starting a Guest Room up-grade to all of our rooms. We will have new carpet, wall treatments, and furniture. We look forward to having you back as I'm sure you will see a much more updated look! Thanks again and have a great Holiday! Shawn