“Nice room, just the noisy.”

Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I would never have booked if I had known a wedding and reception were planned to happen during our stay. They were noisy, drunk, and parked up most of the parking. They had to post employees as elevator attendants. The hotel has signs that say, "Hotel quiet time between 10p to 6a". I now know why. The hallway is like an echo chamber. The sound of doors slamming wake you up in the morning. People talking and in one case arguing in the hallway can be heard perfectly in our room. I had to use the business center to print some things out. While there, I was visited by a drunk chick who needed to use the ATM for more money for the wedding receptions cash bar. The room was spacious. The bathroom was large. The bed and furnishing were comfortable. But the hotel looked to be showing its age in places. The location is great. Right off the hiway and with in walking distance of two restaurants also having one inside. I was not impressed with this stay thou. And if given the opportunity to stay in Appleton again probably will not repeat a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Daustin808
Mindy L, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Daustin808-

I am so sorry that you were unable to fully enjoy your stay. We do our best to try and control the noise from the groups within the hotel. Sometimes some guests are just having too good of a time. Unfortunately, that makes other guests such as yourself have a not so great of a time. I'm happy to say that these occurances do not happen very frequently and I hope that the next time you are Appleton that you reconsider us. An added tip when you make your next reservation ask to be on our Executive Level. This is the 8th floor of the hotel and is accessed by room key only so it is typically very quiet.

Thank you for your stay and your comment and we hope to better serve you next time.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

My mom made the reservations for our girls overnighter at The Holiday Inn...from beginning to end the staff was helpful and friendly and VERY accommodating! The front desk person who helped my mom make the reservation assured us a nice size room with a roll away. Check in was smooth. When we needed a couple of extra blankets and pillows, they were sent up within 10 minutes! The free coffee in the morning was an added bonus! You cannot beat the location of this hotel...it is near the mall as well as several nice restaurants. Easy access from the highway. We will definitely return when in the Appleton area! Well done Holiday Inn!!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room...they are quite a bit larger!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2013

From the moment I walked through the door, the positive energy was felt. I was greated by Rich, the front desk associate who was very friendly, helpful and accomodating for the duration of my stay. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi and also has alot of ammenities including a gym area, heated indoor pool, jacuzzi, gaming area, restaurant, and bar.

The room was spacious, beds comfortable, and minimal outside noise even though it was close to a highway. I was able to enjoy the workout area (consists of aerobic equipment and nautilus equipment, no free weights), and the pool and jacuzzi, which were clean and relaxing. Unfortunately, I was not able to make it to the restaurant or bar so I could not offer a review.

The hotel is currently under construction for updating and modernizing, but the traffic and construction was not an issue, and the mess being made for the updates were minimal and did not affect my stay.

Overall, my experience was a great one. This hotel would be great for a business trip or just the occasional relaxation getaway. The hotel is only a short distance away from the Fox River Mall and multiple restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Mindy L, Manager at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

mzsohar-

Thank you so much for taking time to post a nice review for us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon. We will be wrapping up our renovation project here shortly and then all of our guestrooms will be new again.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

One has to give this hotel credit for realizing it needed to be updated and beginning the construction to make it happen. Because of the location, if one needs to be in Appleton it is perfect....right off the highway and close to many places to eat. The staff is fabulous and accommodating every time we walked by the desk. Would very much like to visit after the work is complete, but as is, good place to stop for a business trip in Appleton!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2013

We found the staff at this hotel to be very friendly and accomodating. Front desk help greeted us every time we walked through the lobby, Housekeeping was quick to get us an extra blanket when my husband wanted to relax in the lounge chair without disturbing the bed linens; they brought us extra kleenex and coffee immediately after it was requested and the waitresses in both the bar and breakfast cafe were excellent. I managed to lose my purse and one of the front desk employees found it and called me after checking all the places in the hotel I had visited earlier in the evening. He was careful to have me describe it when I came down for retrieval so the wrong person did not end up with my information. The room was spacious, beds comfortable and though a freeway runs right past, there was no outside noise. Our stay was three nights and we will definitely stay there again if we make another trip to the Green Bay/ Appleton area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Mindy L, Manager at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. The staff of the Holiday Inn Appleton tries very hard to make sure that all of our guests feel just as comfortable and welcome as they would in their own homes. We can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Just your standard run of the mill Holiday Inn. Bigger one. Stayed here for a Packer game. Never used pool area although looks nice and big. Bar is open till midnight which is nice after dinner on the town. Rooms are average and spacious. All the pillows are a little too firm for our liking but I made it work. Gf didn’t use a pillow. Beds were comfy. Half the channels on the TV have NO SIGNAL floating around which is extremely annoying. Channels that aren’t digital are barely watchable due to static. Funny that the room that’s next to ours; their channels work fine. Hmmm? Shower also seems to have a mind of its own when it came to the water temp. It would get so hot at times where I would have to step out of the stream for a second. Seems like all Holiday Inns I have something to pick with.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

I am so sorry that you did not have a perfect stay with us last fall. You will be happy to know that since your stay we have taken great steps have have remedied the issues with the television channels. We have also begun a major guest room renovation that will be completed this April.

Hopefully next time you are in town for a Packer game you will choose to stay with us and will be pleasantly surprised by all the exciting changes that we have been making.

Thank you!

Reviewed 5 March 2013

This is the best hotel to stay for me either before or after a vacation!! I just came back from a Vegas weekend and it was so nice to be picked up from the Appleton airport and dropped at the Holiday Inn. Check in was quick and the room was clean and very comfortable. One thing I love is you can go down stairs from your room for a beer or whatever and something to eat. After a long flight all I want is something to eat,drink and a good nights sleep!! I also love the free cookies and milk before bed, nice touch. If you need a boarding pass the front desk is always there to print it out for you again a nice service. Everyone at the front desk is always friendly and very welcoming . You will always get a good night sleep, the beds a very comfortable!! This is a hotel family friendly or good if you are traveling by yourself. Whenever I travel I always come to this hotel!!

Room Tip: There all nice rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo