All reviewsoutback steakhousetop floorroom was cleanhotel barbreakfast buffetfox river mallan older hotela green bay packer gamerestaurants and shoppingupon checkdesk staffking roomone night staywould stay againspirehighwaylounge
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The front desk clerk was very friendly. She took my request for a room with two beds. Check in and check out were fast. Room is big and clean with a small refrigerator and microwave, and will stay this hotel again if I visit this city.

Room Tip: room is very clean.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Mindy L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Jianhua-

Thank you for the review. I am so glad that our staff were able to accommodate your requests. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed for business as this seems to be the host hotel for Pierce Manufacturing. They do it up well for those of us coming to town to head there for meetings on fire trucks. The Hook & Ladder was fantastic and Linda is a true gem. Breakfast was good both mornings. The rooms were clean and well appointed and the wi-fi was a great bonus.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words! Linda is fantastic and we do love our relationship with the many firemen and women and truck dealers that utilize our property. It is an honor to be a part of such an important part of of the work that you all do for our country.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel is very clean and nice. The workers are very friendly and nice. The room we stayed was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom is clean as well. And there are many nice and delicious restaurants near the hotel. And also a shopping mall just five minutes away from the hotel.

Room Tip: Actually, the rooms in the Holiday Inn are nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for the great review! Our proximity to many restaurants and attractions is one of our strong points. You mentioned the delicious food at many of the local restaurants that we are near to but have you tried the new comfort foods in our own pub & grill? The chicken pot pie and meatloaf are my favorites!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We visited this hotel for a trip to a Green Bay Packers game. It's a GREAT location - only about 35 minutes to Lambeau Field, and close to a lot of amenities in Appleton (restaurants and mall).

When we checked into this hotel we were originally sent to a TINY room with a full-size bed (we have two adults and newborn baby).

We called the front desk and asked if there was a bigger room we could switch to and the woman's response at the front desk was, "Well, you booked it on Priceline.

A friendly man did bring up new keys to a MUCH nicer room, and we could breathe (and scatter all of our baby girl's stuff everywhere)!

We still don't know if it was just our room, but the shower head was EXTREMELY low for a person of average height. It was almost impossible to take a shower without breaking our backs.

When we checked out two days later, the woman at the front desk asked us how our stay was. My husband mentioned the shower head was quite low and her response was, "I'm sorry to hear that. Have a nice day!"

While she was friendly, it would have been nice to feel like she was actually listening to our concern.

Next time we're in the Green Bay area, we'll likely consider another place to stay.

Room Tip: Wireless internet available (however, a bit spotty at times).
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Shelley S
Mindy L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Shelley-

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. As a mother of 4 myself I completely understand the need for space when travelling with a little one. When room size and type matter I reccommend always calling the hotel directly to make a reservation. Not only will you get the best non-restricted rate possible but a guarantee room type that best suits your family. Third party internet sites cannot make that guarantee.

Secondly, it is true and unfortunate about some of the shower heads in our guestrooms. The hotel was built almost thirty years ago, while that has afforded us with some great things like solid construction with less noise and spacious interiors other items such as the shower heads were placed at the average height at that time.

We do hope that you do reconsider and stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Mindy Lawson
Director of Sales

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed at the Appleton Holiday inn while I was in town visiting the Pierce Manufacturing Facility. The entire hotel is very clean, the staff was always friendly and willing to help. The only problem I had was my card to access the room stopped working. When I went to the front desk, they said they would call maintenance. I thought just great!! I will be waiting for a long time. The maintenance guy showed up and had me back in my room within 5 minutes. JOB WELL DONE!!!!
From: Alabama

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Jeff-

Thank you so much for the great review! We love the opportunity to be a piece of the important work that Pierce Manufacturing and it's customers do for our country. We can't wait to see you again!