“"Excellent Stay"”

Holiday Inn Appleton
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We came across an amazing deal on-line, so I called in right away to get a room. Check-in process was easy and quick and check-out was the same. But the only thing is, was I suppose to sign a registration card? Well no worries on that. The both staff members on duty were amazing and generous. Also when I needed extra pillows they were right there within a great time period of time. I also needed extra shampoo and conditioner easy to also receive. Having the "Valentines Day Special" was great also included two 16' pizzas along with a pitcher of soda, downfall on the soda it was flat, but no worries hubby still drank it. The pool is a bit small, but loved the game room off to the side. My family vacation was complete by staying here. Thanks to the GREAT Holiday Inn of Appleton.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicole M

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean and check in was painless. We traveled to Appleton to finalize specs on 2 new Fire Engines for work and the staff was very pleasant at every interaction. We arrived late in the afternoon and they were ready for us. The staff in the Hook and Ladder had a spread laid out for us when we walked in.
Breakfast both mornings was reasonably priced, hot and plentiful.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stone236
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have stayed in several hundred hotels in my traveling career and this hotel has the BEST all round STAFF I have ever seen. EVERYONE was polite, courteous and did everything they could to make my stay as great as it could be. I will not single anyone out as EVERYONE from the maid, lounge personnel, restaurant, van driver and especially the desk staff( all 3 shifts) went above and beyond. it is SO RARE that this happens that it was QUITE noticeable. I was involved in an auction for 10 hours there and they provided me with an office chair to sit in as I have a bad back. I went looking for cookies on Thursday night and the desk person went out of here way to find me some. These are just little things but they make a stay VERY comfortable. There would not even be a question as to where I would stay if I am back in the area.

Ernie Latter

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Mindy L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Ernest-

Thank you so much for the FANTASTIC review. We are truly happy that you enjoyed your experience here at the Holiday Inn Appleton.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here the weekend of the Packers playoff game. Little did we know there was also a huge Wrestling match in the area. There were tons of late teens. I was nervous about the noise at night, but was pleasantly surprised, we didn't hear them at all. It did deter us from using the pool- there was a lot of drinking and rough housing going on. The room was clean and the staff was hospitable.

We did go to the restaurant for the breakfast buffet and it was awful. We ordered our drinks but looked at the buffet first. There were a ton of empty serving trays and what was out was cold and/or undercooked. We decided to go to the Machine Shed instead but first had to pay for drinks that we didn't even have. The Machine Shed was the same price and was FANTASTIC.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Boud0429
Mindy L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Wow! Thank you for the nice review. We are so sorry that you were unable to enjoy our pool area during your stay and that you were less than impressed with our breakfast buffet. We are in the middle of making many changes to our buffet so I do hope that the next time you are in town you give our restaurant another shot. We also have a full made to order menu and room service available.

Again thank you for staying with us and providing a nice review of your stay.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed here in order to be close to the airport for our morning flight. The staff was wonderful! The employee at check-in was very friendly and personable. Upon checking in, I even received a loaf of banana bread, jam, and a Christmas card. I told the employee we were flying out in the morning and he said that we could even leave our car there for no charge and that they provide a shuttle to the airport. We took advantage of that and the shuttle was prompt both to and from the airport, with friendly drivers also. We ate in the restaurant close to the front desk and the employee working the area was great as well. She even remembered my child's name when we walked down to that area at a later time. The food was very good in the restaurant, and as a bonus, kids eat free! I would not hesitate to stay in this location again and have already mentioned it to multiple people as a great place to stay! The staff is excellent!!! The room was clean. It is in a great location that is close to the airport and right by the mall. I have nothing negative at all to say about this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Mindy L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you! Thank you! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are happy to have been a part of your holidays.

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

We were going to drive home but roads we closed in IL so we had to get a room and I'm so glad we chose this hotel! We didn't have a reservation and yet we were quickly checked in (didn't take longer than a minute) and offered milk and cookies at the front desk! I'm not sure if they always have milk and cookies but it was soooo nice to be greeted with after an exhausting cold day. Since we weren't planning on staying, we hadn't packed anything. The front desk was able to provide us with everything we needed (toothbrush, Colgate toothpaste, mouthwash, razor, shaving cream, and deodorant). We stayed in a king room that was very spacious, had a couch, and a very comfortable bed. The bath toiletries were Coconut Lime Verbena from Bath band Body Works. No fridge in the room but it was definitely cold enough outside to just leave our food in the car. I'm sure some rooms probably have a fridge but we didn't ask, nor did we really need it.

I've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn around Appleton as well. It was also really nice...no complaints...but would return to Holiday Inn Appleton over the Hilton Garden Inn here.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the great review! I am so sorry to hear that your plans were thrown a curve by the crazy weather. We all hope that you made it home safely and that we see you again real soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed here recently for 2 weeks for a work trip. I was on the executive floor which required an access code, that was nice. But the new renovations don't seem to be more than a coat of paint and new linens. I had to request hair conditioner in my room because they don't stock it in the rooms, which means they are pinching pennies (especially since I was in an executive room). I also had to request a fridge and microwave, which came in and stayed on a wheeled cart. I will say that my requests were met quickly and the staff was great about it, but these are items I don't feel like I should have to request.

As for the rooms, if these beds are new, they were cheap, because they are not very comfortable and the pillows are flat as can be. And the TV selection is very limited. Lastly, the showers are cramped and the water pressure is non existent. I understand there are limits on the physical structure of the old building, but that doesn't explain the lack of water pressure.

As far as the exec lounge, it looks very cheap and they don't even serve breakfast on monday mornings (again pinching pennies, as I understand not a lot of business travelers arrive Sunday night, but some do and breakfast would be nice) The drinks at night during the week are nice, but the snacks could be improved upon.

I imagine for a night or two, this place is tolerable, but for a longer stay, I'll be looking elsewhere as there are numerous choices in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Travelguy1977

Travelguy1977-

Thank you for your fair and honest review. I am truly sorry that you were not a hundred percent satisfied with your stay. Our executive floor and lounge, although a great amenity to our weekday guests, typically is not open on weekends. Our recent renovation covered guest room carpeting, furniture, drapery and painting.

Again, thank you for your review and please accept my apology.