“Over sixteen years I built a respect for this Hotle”

Holiday Inn Appleton
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Appleton
Penn Valley, California
“Over sixteen years I built a respect for this Hotle”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Many good things on this hotel.
The Folks here always treated me like family.
They have a great breakfast,
An outstanding Pub with dinners and some really great folks.
They have an indoor pool and spa.
The hotel van can take you to the mall, or other fine supper clubs.
If you need a room in this area, please give the Appleton Holiday Inn a call.
They will pick you up at the Outagamie Airport.

Room Tip: Rooms on the West Side tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dobbins60
Mindy L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dobbins60-

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so happy to have you and many other guests that have been with us for many years. Thank you for continued patronage.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel was ok on first inspection. A little overpriced I thought initially. The bartender at the attached bar/restaurant was extremely rude and was very close to just leaving. Front desk gave me the wrong key's. Once I got in my hotel room I realized I was put in a handicap accessible room. I needed to plug in my phone thus moved the bed back and there was more dust and junk behind the bed that completely grossed me out. It looked like had never been cleaned and I am not a very picky person. People coming and going in the hallway and you could hear everything. Next time I would stay at the other Holiday Inn in Appleton. I say at holiday inn's a lot and this was one of the worst experiences.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jb1477
We are so sorry that you were unable to fully enjoy your stay. The experience that you had is not typical nor what we strive for. Please contact me at 920-735-9955 to discuss further.

Travellers are raving about these Appleton hotels

Dakota Dunes, South Dakota
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The staff is excellent!! Very friendly!! Ease of check in/check out was a bonus! Nice comfy rooms, good location with access to many shopping/eating options. Will stay here again when back in the area.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Dday06
Waupaca, WI
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel for an early morning flight out of ATW. The hotel staff were friendly and the place was clean. I did, however, experience a few problems which left a sour taste. Our shower began flooding with dirty water without us using it. Apparently it flooded back through the drain from someone in the adjacent room showering. The tap water was also cloudy. Not sure if it meant they needed a water softener or there was too much softener in the system. Anyway, it looked odd, tasted funny and made for crappy coffee. Finally, I did not receive a requested 4 AM wake up call. I always have a back up so while annoying it did not cause me to miss my flight. The staff were nice about the leak back of fluid and stated it happens a lot. They did offer me a free breakfast but I requested credit on bill (was leaving early) which they gave me.

Overall, this hotel is not ready for the "glue factory" but it is showing its age. There are much better options for the same price right in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank WaupacaTraveller
Mindy L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
I am so sorry that happened to you during stay. Not knowing for sure when you stayed with us but by your description of events it is possible that you stayed with us during the repair on our water main. During some evenings and overnights our township made upgrades of equipment to our water main that caused some cloudy water issues when the water was turned back on. Though this does not excuse the issues with your stay or the way we handled the situation. I hope that you will give us another try the next time you are in Appleton.
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We came across an amazing deal on-line, so I called in right away to get a room. Check-in process was easy and quick and check-out was the same. But the only thing is, was I suppose to sign a registration card? Well no worries on that. The both staff members on duty were amazing and generous. Also when I needed extra pillows they were right there within a great time period of time. I also needed extra shampoo and conditioner easy to also receive. Having the "Valentines Day Special" was great also included two 16' pizzas along with a pitcher of soda, downfall on the soda it was flat, but no worries hubby still drank it. The pool is a bit small, but loved the game room off to the side. My family vacation was complete by staying here. Thanks to the GREAT Holiday Inn of Appleton.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicole M
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean and check in was painless. We traveled to Appleton to finalize specs on 2 new Fire Engines for work and the staff was very pleasant at every interaction. We arrived late in the afternoon and they were ready for us. The staff in the Hook and Ladder had a spread laid out for us when we walked in.
Breakfast both mornings was reasonably priced, hot and plentiful.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stone236
Mulberry, Florida
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have stayed in several hundred hotels in my traveling career and this hotel has the BEST all round STAFF I have ever seen. EVERYONE was polite, courteous and did everything they could to make my stay as great as it could be. I will not single anyone out as EVERYONE from the maid, lounge personnel, restaurant, van driver and especially the desk staff( all 3 shifts) went above and beyond. it is SO RARE that this happens that it was QUITE noticeable. I was involved in an auction for 10 hours there and they provided me with an office chair to sit in as I have a bad back. I went looking for cookies on Thursday night and the desk person went out of here way to find me some. These are just little things but they make a stay VERY comfortable. There would not even be a question as to where I would stay if I am back in the area.

Ernie Latter

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Mindy L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Ernest-

Thank you so much for the FANTASTIC review. We are truly happy that you enjoyed your experience here at the Holiday Inn Appleton.

Mindy