“Everything you need in a far out location”

Radisson Paper Valley Hotel
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Appleton
panzano-in-chianti
“Everything you need in a far out location”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Appleton is a small town in the middle of nowhere ....and this hotel has the advantage that it contains everything you need on the premises. We ate at the steak restaurant and although we generally aren't keen on hotel based restaurants, we were pleasantly surprised - although you might need to reserve .....we arrived at 5.45 and were told we would have to wait till 7 for a table or eat at the bar . Our room, in the upgraded business section was modern and comfortable and reasonably clean. In short, an ok place in a remote location.

• Stayed October 2013
Linda G, Director of Sales at Radisson Paper Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the wait to get a table in Vince Lombardi's Steakhouse worth it. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Chicago
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We visited one weekend during Appleton's Oktoberfest and from the moment we walked into the chaos of the celebration, until we departed, the staff treated us impeccably, were humorous yet efficient!

I've stayed at the Paper Valley before many times for personal and business travel and have no complaints in terms of the quality of the rooms or service but with this particular stay, Andrea and Jen at the front desk went above and beyond by their pleasant demeanor, efficiency in checking us in yet remaining upbeat when quite frankly, everyone around them was rather obnoxious.

Can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time here during Octoberfest and the service you received from Andrea and Jen was so good. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Over the years, I’ve attended a conference at this hotel at least seven times. Time after time, I’ve been delighted with the friendly, competent staff. They happily go out of their way to accommodate guests. This year, the airline lost my luggage. The staff did a terrific job of taking care of me! They gave me toiletries, located a phone charger for me, checked regularly on the status of my luggage, and drove me to the mall so I could buy some clothes. Everyone was super, but Andrea at the registration desk and Nate of the bell staff were especially great. When I returned to my room after my shopping trip, there was a “to cheer you” note and…a giant piece of chocolate cake from Andrea and Nate! Now how’s that for “service?” Definitely above and beyond!! I look forward to next year. Maybe I’ll leave my suitcase at home.

Room Tip: There are Inside and outside windows. I always prefer windows that look outside.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Linda G, Director of Sales at Radisson Paper Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that Andrea and Nate took such good care of your needs. We look forward to your next stay.
Medford, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Arrive here every year for a conference, and it's always a pleasant stay. Always neat, furnishings are up to date - never looks old or worn out. Clean, comfortable rooms. Looking forward to next year. Special thanks to Jenny H for the great advise on where to go for dinner!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel again this year and Jennifer H took good care of you. We look forward to your next stay
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I can talk about the neighboring bars,restaurants,clothing stores,The Perfroming Arts Center the 15 minute commute to the airport and the Fox river mall. I'm a medical representative in NYC and i have been working in this industry for over 10 years. I have stayed in many various hotels in NYC and the rest of the country. I must say the staff at this HOTEL is an AMAZING assett to this corporation. I have never received such a warm and genuine welcoming. I would like to add that Michael Potter was very instrumental in assisting me in my stay at this Hotel for 5 days. I will always rmember the quality and the HIGH level of service from him from my arrival and the departure of my stay. I will highly recommend this Hotel to anyone visiting Appleton Wisconsin in the future.

Sincerely
Jose

Room Tip: The front desk will accomidate you as best they can..
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Linda G, Director of Sales at Radisson Paper Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the service provided from our team, especially from Micheal. We look forward to your next stay.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The best part of this hotel is that it's walking distance to a lot of bars / shops / etc. We were staying here for a Packers game (the opposing team also stays here - so you can catch a sight of the players on game morning as they board the bus & sign autographs for kids) & we chose it because it was walking distance to the bar we were shuttling to the game from. The room was clean, & big enough but the bathroom was tiny. The staff was friendly & the concierge helped us to find dinner after the game (places close early on Sundays). However, I was under the impression that breakfast was included when I booked (& prepaid for game weekend) but it was not - only if you are on the "upgraded floors" which was disappointing. For the rates charged, breakfast should be included.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the service provided by our team. We look forward to your next stay.
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 18 October 2013

When you arrive, pull around to the side of the hotel. Parking is $2.00 each in and out in a city garage across the street. Go up to the third floor and you will see an enclosed walkway over the street. Go through the doors and down the escalator which gets you to the lobby of the hotel.
I had reserved a Jr. Suite which turned out to be just a slightly larger hotel room. It had two microwaves and two small fridges. (Don't bother with the suite, the regular rooms were so similar.)
The hallways in the shorter tower were run down and in need of a face lift. The room was clean but the bed controls didn't work (engineering came and reset) and the clocks were all blinking on and off. People are very friendly and responsive but it would be better to have the room checked to make sure things are in working order. There is one elevator serving this area and often was being held on other floors so everyone just walked the 3 flight of stairs down to the lobby or to the lower level pool.
The location is great because you can walk to Lawrence, the museums, and good restaurants. The pool/play area is nice. They have play equipment for various age groups and plenty of room to spread out.
Ate in the restaurant for breakfast which was standard fare. Family used the coupons in the restaurant and enjoyed watching football with Packer fans.

Room Tip: Ask for a floor in the high tower. Hopefully the rooms are more "refreshed".
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Please reach out to any of our employees directly should you have any concerns during or after your next stay.