“Best place to stay”

Radisson Paper Valley Hotel
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Hotel and bar made us feel welcome and among friends. Staff did whatever it took to make us feel
comfortable. Wife ordered items that were not on the menu and staff prepared them and did not
mention that it was not available. It was difficult to determine who was the best bartender as
Tiffany, Amanda, Becky, Vicki and Tom all did a excellant job in keeping us happy. Food and
drinks were excellant and reasonably priced. We were pleased and can not wait to come back and
they are the best.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Radisson Paper Valley Hotel

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here because of a conference at the hotel and our room was in good condition but nothing to rave about. They had a sleep number bed in our room but the remote didn't work and I woke up with a major back ache. I asked to have it looked at (also left the remote sitting on the desk with the battery out) but no one ever did and the battery was still out when I got back to my room that night. Guess I should have been more persistent. The pool is odd as it is in the center of the building with room windows looking down on it. I would not feel comfortable having women and children swimming there with how knows watching them from above.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Had a conference here recently and went into the "clubhouse" sports bar located inside the hotel and had great customer service from Tiffany. Been to hundreds of bars in my time and she was hands down the best bartender I've ever had. Was very pleased and will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We were at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel for the 40th Annual Wisconsin Paramedic Seminar this past week and had a great time.

Everything was handled well, by competent, friendly staff and the hotel was great from rooms to the convention area.

Area nightlife is within walking distance making this a great place to stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I for some reason had a duplicate reservation, and they charged me for 2 rooms even though I was 1 guy! This is amazing, they are able to cancel and would not do it. I think they do this on purpose to screw people over and get extra $

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank stickergiant
Linda G, Director of Sales at Radisson Paper Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

We apologize for the difficulties you encountered while booking your rooms on Expedia and entering into an agreement on their terms. It is unfortunate that these terms include pre-payment and not being able to cancel. We were happy to resolve this issue for you by leveraging our relationship with this third party reservation provider. Please know that when booking with any site, you are subject to the terms of that agreement. It is also unfortunate that you felt compelled to score us low on review sites when we did all we could to help you and succeeded in obtaining a refund, but we are happy to see the situation has been resolved prior to you staying with us. If you need further assistance, please contact the hotel directly.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Tyson, Anna, & Staff:

THANK YOU for all of your work for the FBLA conference. You were amazing. I felt very comfortable asking you for additional items or contacting you about room changes. Trust me, it is not that way with most locations. I appreciate your flexibility and kind manner.

Hopefully I will see you there in three years!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank BurlingFBLA
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I was there for three days for a science conference. The new areas of the building were lovely.

The older part of the building was not so nice.

If you stay here ask for a remodeled room. I was stuck in a second door room that overlooks the pool and bar area. It was so loud I actually called the front desk.

They were wonderful and moved my room for the second and third nights to a quiet room. Most of the rooms on the second floor around me were being remodeled. I could tell because all the doors to the filthy rooms were left open as you walked down the hall.

As I was packing up to move rooms I found a T-shirt behind the table. It wasn't mine. It had obviously been left by the former occupant.

I won't come back.

• Stayed: March 2014
Linda G, Director of Sales at Radisson Paper Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize we did not meet this expectation on your first night. I also apologize that we missed an item behind some furniture from a previous guest. Our housekeeping standards are better than this and I can assure you that this not a normal occurance at our hotel. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.