“Nice large scale hotel”

Radisson Paper Valley Hotel
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I chose this hotel because of the location to Lawrence University. Very convenient to walk to the University and there were plenty of great dining and shopping options within walking distance. We requested a room on the 7th floor (based on previous trip advisor comments) and did not utilize the concierge level (based on previous trip advisor comments.) Our room was 1 King bed, very large room. The bed was very comfortable but the housekeeping was a little off. The T.V. area was quite dusty and there happend to be left over food in the microwave, pretty gross, but I called housekeeping and they came and took care of it right away. We splurged on check out day and had room service breakfast in bed. It was just okay and after seeing the amazing breakfast buffet for only $9.75 in the lobby...I realized I had made a mistake. The public areas of the hotel were very well taken care of. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: We ended up in room 7501 (I think) and it happend to be a handicap room...it was HUGE.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FunFamily04

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great place to stay! Rooms are ultra clean and staff is super helpful!
The sports bar has a HUGE selection of local beers on tap and serves terrific burgers. Plenty of TV screens tuned to various sporting events. Our lunch there was perfect!
For dinner, try Lombardi's Restaurant, just down the hall from the sports bar. We all had the Filet, cooked perfectly! It was DELICIOUS! We topped it off with some 18 year old scotch!! Awesome!
The indoor pool was open late and looked inviting. A pleasant outside courtyard was great for relaxing in the sun! The staff we encountered, everywhere, was exceptional! This place will spoil you!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Terrific hotel and prices and it would have been perfect except the noise. I was in an end room in the small part of the hotel. There was pipe noise all nigh long. Made it hard for me to sleep. Must be something on the other side of the bathroom wall. To top it off, the room next to me had the alarm go off early and loud. Loud enough for me to call the desk. I heard someone check on the noise and it went off for ten minutes and back on just as loud. Called again but music went on for two hours. I did not feel at all rested.

Room Tip: Stay in the main part of the hotel, where I have stayed before. Avoid 1433.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert H
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My family and I enjoyed a long weekend stay and we were very happy here. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the hotel staff could not be more pleasant and professional. The pool was warm and open late - which my son loved. The on-site dining options include a coffee shop - which my partner loved. The wifi was quick and reliable, which I loved. The location is central to Appleton's downtown district, putting everything from dining to shopping to musuems all within walking distance - which we all loved. On top of all of that, the Sunday Champagne Brunch at The Orchard (also on-site) was phenomenal. We'll be staying here any time we visit Appleton.

Room Tip: If you want a lively view, ask for a room on the north side (city side) of the hotel. If you want to...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dee_Mett
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Not an unpleasant stay but the rooms and public spaces could use a makeover.

On the positive side - my colleagues had free parking (I was attending a conference and was in from another country). The internet was free. Staff were friendly.

On the negative side - the food served at the conference was not particularly good. Granted, the menu likely was slected by the conference organizers. A taco lunch was particularly brutal.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pentangle
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were part of a large convention and Monday evening banquet. We had an excellent Server named "Roberto". He was happy in his demeanor, treated all ten of us at our table like we were the only ones he was serving that evening, although he was taking care of numerous other tables. We would recommend that he get some type of recognition for going above and beyond to make our experience that evening an excellent memory of our stay at the Radisson.

The front desk and Orchard restaurant employees all were professional and seemed to genuinely care that we enjoyed our stay.

We will be back :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2014

It's a convention hotel so given that we aren't on business and I paid for a room personally, I'm probably not their target market.

The rooms are comfortable but the structure is definitely showing signs of age particularly in the public areas. My big complaint though is that we stumped up for a Concierge room which gives access to the Concierge lounge for evening cocktails and nibbles and Continental breakfast in the morning. Sounds good? Well, this lounge serves in excess of fifty rooms and has a total of two tables, seven chairs, a sofa and two arm chairs with a coffee table, and a desk with chair. So twelve seats in all. I think that's unacceptable in anyones book.

On the whole my opinion is if you are on business and your company is paying then it's fine. If you are paying for the room though, don't even consider staying here.

Room Tip: Don't bother with the Concierge rooms, while the lounge staff are wonderful, the lounge itself i...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim L
CarlsonRezidor, Corporate at Radisson Paper Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay, specifically with the Concierge lounge. We have passed on your comments and concerns so they can be addressed accordingly to ensure guests' experiences with us are satisfactory.