“What were we thinking?”

Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

It's been a long time since we've been to El Azteca, and now we remember why. So gross. My boyfriend ordered a chipotle chimichanga and he was done eating it by the time my meal came out. His was covered in a nasty orange mayo sauce that we assume was supposed to be chipotle flavored. I ordered the "new" sauteed red snapper filet. It was drenched in way too much garlic, and I love garlic. My sides came out 10 minutes after my meal. The timing of everything was ridiculous. Yes, it's a cheap date. No, saving the money is not worth it. It's dressed up fast food. Go somewhere authentic instead, like Anjojitos.

1  Thank JLHeiny

Reviewed 12 February 2013

We have been going to El Azteca for years now. It is a favorite of ours. We have always been happy with the food and service.

Reviewed 12 February 2013 via mobile

I have been coming here for years but they have been going downhill. I had some bad seafood there last year and they did replace it. Today I had a chalupa and meat burrito. The taco meat had a strange flavor and a dog food consistency. I usually don't get their food with taco meat so I hope it is not this way all the time. They asked how my meal was. I said it wasn't great and the guy smiled and walked away, even after I said I did not want to eat the rest. I was pissed. I rook the bill to the front. When asked I said the meal was terrible. The girl said thanks and she would look into it. They never apologized or took any money off of the bill even though I ate barely any of the food. I had taken about ten bites and pushed my plate to the other side of the table. My stomach was upset after only a few minutes. I wasn't sure if I would make it home.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

Staff is always friendly and often entertaining. Menu choices are great. Speed of service is fast! The fajitas are delicious and my daughter loves the Relleno.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

Enjoyed a lunch at El Azteca Mexican Restaurant. Very delicious chips and dips while waiting. Generous portions. We ordered the chimichanga, fajitas and a burrito plate. The first two arrived hot but the burrito was so-so. Overall, tasty. The service was good. Reasonably priced.