“Must be one of the top 100 restaurants in the USA” 5 of 5 bubbles

Red Ox Seafood & Steakhouse
Ranked #22 of 366 Restaurants in Appleton
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving the Valley for over 40 years. Serving lunch & dinner 7 days a week. Gourmet Sandwiches, "Big" Salads, Baked Stuffed Potatoes, Aged Steaks, Seafood, Veal, Chicken, Ribs, Duck, Veal & More.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Must be one of the top 100 restaurants in the USA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Seriously. The food is nothing short of outstanding! The different dishes they have are so unique and flavorful and the chef who creates new menu items seems like every week! Wow! Words do not even describe how good the food tastes! A MUST visit.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank atfbh2010

DeForest, Wisconsin
“Still a great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Have not visited the Red Ox in over 10 years and it is still a great place. Made a reservation for 6 on a Friday night. Went flawless even though I had to move it back twice. Haddock, Ahi tuna, and steaks were all very good. The filet I thought was especially good. Taste and tenderness rivaled just about any steak I have had. Service was good and waitress very pleasant. Keep up the good work!!

Appleton, Wisconsin
“Old Style Service and Atmosphere with New World Taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

The Red Ox is such a great place. The atmosphere and service reminds me of the steak houses I went to with my parents, but the food selection and taste is very up to date and EXCELLENT! I've yet to have such a wide selection of food and such great taste in the whole Fox Valley. We frequent the Red Ox and have no plans on stopping.

• Visited February 2014
Greenville, Wisconsin
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We first visited Red Ox a few months ago for the first time based on a number of recommendations we had heard from friends...and were sorely disappointed. My wife voiced her displeasure via social media and she was contacted by the owner with an apology and a request that we return to try them again at his expense (including throwing in an extra $20 for a babysitter). The difference between visits was profound when we returned a coupe of months later without forewarning.

The Old Fashioned's were perfectly prepared, our waitress was excellent, and the food was outstanding!! My wife had the tenderloin and crab legs, I had the prime rib and crab legs. Both the steak and prime rib were cooked perfectly. I have to say the prime rib is arguably the best I've had in a long time. The cut had an excellent flavor and melted in my mouth.

Afterwards we stopped to talk to the owner, and thank him for convincing us to give them another try. He was very apologetic for our first experience, it's sounds as if the night of that first visit the stars aligned and the confluence of factors led to our poor experience. From what we had heard previously combined with our last visit, there is no doubt in my mind that they deliver an outstanding supper club experience on a regular basis.

We will absolutely return again, at about $100 for drinks and dinner (the surf and turf is probably their most expensive dish) it was well worth it.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Ditka chop and Prime Rib”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

This place is a great restaurant that we drive about 30 mins from our house to dine. It's worth the drive. Consistently great and literally THE BEST PRIME RIB. Anywhere.
Though their food is great, the prime rib and famous Ditka Pork Chop are FABULOUS.
Drinks are poured well, Old Fashioned's are muddled, and wine list is very good.
Bonus: great bartenders and a fantastic owner that takes great pride in making your visit happy and tasty!

• Visited February 2014