“WORST EVER!!!!”

Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Appleton
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
“WORST EVER!!!!”
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We had two people staying in the room and two people meeting us in Appleton from Nearby. We were not allowed to check in until exactly 3:00 despite the fact they informed us there were rooms available. The only way to get in the hotel is through the front door.. the side door card readers are disabled. Each time you go in they want to know your room number and how many people are going there to make sure you only have the number of people you said were sleeping there and also to abid by the policy of no guests after 7:30pm. Are you kidding?! We don't go to dinner until well after that! We had a younger woman smoking outside a side door late at night and she propped it open. they closed it while she was standing right there and told her to walk all the way around the building by herself to get back in cause they cant prop doors open even though it was propped open with a door stopper. They did not give us any hotel policy information or reciept at check in or out. The staff was very rude and inquisitive to everything we were doing. There was nothing out for breakfast. I would NEVER NEVER recommend this place to anyone or stay here again. If they find out you have someone else stay there overnight and did not inform them in advance...even if its a last minute change you will be charged $50 per person they think stayed there. They tried to charge us by saying we saw everything on the cameras because we were watching you. Then they came outside with us to see how many people got into our car upon check out

Room Tip: Stay Somewhere Else
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Toby101024

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 11 September 2011

It was over priced. My room had a horrible smell of mold that was over powering. They knew of it and still gave it out. There's only one way in although there's several doors. I was to be staying in town for a long period of time, they had no company/corporate discounts. Customer service was horrible. I checked out prior to what I had paid for and when getting a refund back was a struggle and charged for the day as if I had stayed there. 420$ a week is way over charging and your getting nothing extra. I'd rather stay in a dive were I at least get what I paid for as to paying for a bunch of bs at a high price.
On top of it all was told that for the little refund I did get I was "lucky".
I work in the construction industry for a big company that requires us to travel this was by far the biggest dump I've ever stayed in. An I've stayed in some real dumps!!

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Crebaza
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Very newly remodeled - rooms and lobby
King room was great, very clean and freshly painted
Bed was super comfortable with fresh new linens
Large flat screen TV was great
Refrig and micro were a plus
Continental breakfast was above average
Only negative was that the bathroom fixtures weren't brand new and there was a burn
mark on the vanity - but will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Keke0207
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Stayed here the weekend of August 19th-21st. This hotel was totally gutted and remodeled and everything in it is only about a month old (all new carpeting, beds, flat screen tv's, everything!). I was the first guest in the room I stayed in, so obviously very clean and beds were comfortable being brand new. Has a great pool and hot tub. The staff was extra special! They went out of their way to make sure my stay was enjoyable and were extremely friendly and suggested things to do in the area with my 9 yr old son. Close to US 41 and plenty of restaurants around to choose from. I definitely will be back!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family