“Not just a pizza place”
Review of Wild Truffle - CLOSED

Wild Truffle
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

We took several colleagues to the Wild Truffle for a dinner and I was a little concerned since we had pizza for lunch. However there are plenty of options other than pizza. We had a mushroom bruchetta that was excellent and my scallops with risotto were very good. The restaurant is very nice and the food was good, but I thought the prices were a little high. My 3 large scallops with risotto was 24.

Is it worth going to absolutely, but you may want to consider it for a special occasion.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Let me just start off by saying this used to be my favorite restaurant however things have changed there. We used to LOVE their pizzas (what they were originally known for) and went there all the time.

We recently just went for Valentines day just to find out that they had a "special menu" with none of their normal entrees and jacked up prices. The food was ok, but probably not worth what they were charging for the entrees. We decided to go back anyways last weekend to get the pizza we love there so much. We got there had a drink at the bar and were seated at 8. We ordered drinks and an appetizer. Then we ordered our entrees (which we both wanted pizza) only to find out they were OUT of pizza! How are you "out" of pizza!? It is half of your menu! We decided just to leave as at this point were already had 2 bad experiences in a row and did not want to waste anymore money there. We told our waiter and he seemed more than understanding and felt terrible. However, the owner saw us walk right out the door (after he greeted us at the door so he knew when we came in) and didn't even try to stop us or ask us what was wrong.

So if you want to go there for pizza - get there early! And if you want to go there for one of their pasta entrees, you are better off at any other Italian place around Appleton (our favorites are Carmellas and Connovas).

2  Thank Krystal S
Reviewed 9 April 2014

It is like going on a treasure hunt when you come to the Wild Truffle. The regular menu is always great but it is even more fun to see what new creations they have for specials of the evening. We have never been dissapointed.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We were there for our company Christmas party and the owner and staff were very rude. If you want anything beside wine or beer, you will not get it here. The food was under cooked and when told the waitresses didn't say anything, then the owner came over and told us that he prepares the food correctly and that we don't know what good food is. He was extremely rude!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He never asked if we wanted it cooked more or made any comproise for it. He was right, just ask him. The cost was extremely high for what you got. I also saw that he did not treat his work staff with respect, he was constantly yelling at them in front of all of us. I know that if I got treated this way I would walk out, there are other waitress jobs. I can see why his staff were were so unfriendly to us, they were scared. I will never go back and I know that our office parties will at a new place. I have told many people about our exprience and they said that they now know not to go there to eat. One more thing we were asked to leave when we were still eating our desserts. He told the manager 6 times and she finally said she had enough and left. It was a party to remember. I can't believe all these people say that they had a great experience, the owner must not have been there when they were dining.

4  Thank Kathy K
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

This was our third and last visit as tonight we ended up totally disappointed with the entire meal. Our server Holly was anything but warm and friendly and she also needs to learn how to say an occasional please or thanks ( and maybe buy a hair tie to keep it out of the food)
The food itself (short ribs and ravioli ) was salty and sloppily presented. Particularly bad was the mushroom risotto that was nothing more than undercooked Uncle Bens mixed with their mushroom soup. Not a hint of Parmesan or cream.

Oh and beware the subtle trick they pull trying to get you to order desserts before your meal on the pretense that they are made to order and can take some time. Yeah right the gelato is made to order lol.

Save your money and time.
Sorry but this was the third time back and no more!

5  Thank LUVRBOY