“Worth the wait for a 7:30 pm Mother's Day Dinner”
Review of Carmella's

Carmella's
Ranked #2 of 370 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
“Worth the wait for a 7:30 pm Mother's Day Dinner”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My family took me to Carmella's for Mother's Day. At first I almost settled for someplace else, as we couldn't get in for a party of four until 7:30 pm. Am I glad I waited and didn't settle. Every bite was tremendous, as every visit there before has been!!!

• Visited May 2014

“High quality, perfectly prepared Italian cuisine.”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Carmella's is excellent. Two things prevented a 5 star rating: the entrance in the middle of a strip mall and using bacon instead of pancetta in the gnocchi. Food was delicious and perfectly prepared - gnocchi was delicate and paired with other delicately flavored ingredients, risotto was cooked al dente, my filet was a perfect medium rare and a very tender, high quality cut. Ingredients were fresh. I was actually surprised by the breadth of the wine list...I didn't expect to see a brunello. Given that the other restaurant choices seemed to be national chains, if I am in Appleton again, I will absolutely return. (I really want to try the finocchiona...It was my favorite in Tuscany and have yet to find anything even close.) I would recommend this restaurant to everyone. One caveat. The loft design means it is loud and i found it difficult to carry on a conversation with anyone not seated adjacent or across from me.)

Chicago, Illinois
“Hard to find but worth the adventure...”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stuck behind Chili's in a strip mall, it sure doesn't look like much from the outside but once your inside it feels like a lot different...simple but very nice...sat at the bar on a Tuesday nite and the place was busy and had a nice mix of age groups....had the ravioli and it was delicious...would definitely bring business clients here...service was attentive and I'll be back

1 Thank Savs_12
“Early Dinner Date”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Where to start...amazing! Best salmon I've had in my short 46 year life. I've dined in Napa and they are missing Carmellas!

1 Thank Pat P
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

On my most recent visit I had the pappardelle (chicken / wild mushrooms /
roasted san marzanos / spinach / asiago cream) and it was fantastic. While waiting for our meal we were brought some wonderful bread!

The wait staff is very friendly and will answer any question willingly and with enthusiasm.

• Visited April 2014

Been to Carmella's? Share your experiences!