“"GREAT"”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2014

From the greeting at the front door, to the several Thank you's when leaving, this restaurant understands customer service and appreciation. The food is all fresh and made from best available ingredient's. even the pasta noodles are made from scratch. The most amazing thing is getting this kind of quality service and food for such an inexpensive price.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were celebrating birthdays on a Saturday night and the restaurant was very busy. Even so, we were seated after only 10 minutes without a reservation. The menu is inventive and sophisticated with reasonable prices despite the upscale atmosphere. Our waiter, Corey, was helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. We received birthday cupcakes and also ordered the creative and delicious creme brûlée that had honey and lavender infused. I will definitely visit this gem again when I'm in Appleton. I'd love to try the outside area in nice weather.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Over the years I have eaten at Carmella's many times. I ate there again yesterday when passing through Appleton and decided to make it a priority to write a review today. The serving staff and chefs always go the extra mile to make the customer happy. My husband and I most often share our entrees and have done this for over fifty years. This way we get to try more things. Our server asked when we ordered if we were doing this when we ordered a pasta and an entree salad. When we responded that we were she asked if they might split it for us in the kitchen and would we like the salad first. Great idea! The food as always was delicious and beautifully presented. The zuppe de pesce (hope I'm spelling right) is fabulous. I highly recommend Carmella's. I only hope after this review there is still a place for me.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We went to celebrate birthdays but had no reservation. We were greeted enthusiastically and told it would be about 1/2 hr wait. We sat at the bar and were served pretty quickly considering it was a packed house. 10 minutes later we were seated. Our waiter, Corey?, was friendly, professional and helpful about menu choices and wine selection. Everything was delicious and the service throughout was outstanding. We each received a birthday cupcake but also ordered a special sundae with lemon basil ice cream and a piece of lavender hard cotton candy. It was one of the very best evenings I have had in Appleton in many years. Prices were not out of line and we are planning to return soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Recipes from their Italian grandmother? Amazing! Great menu. Eat there about twice a month and it's a battle to decide whether to do a repeat of a menu item or venture on. Everything is soooo good. Love dining outside in nice weather. They've done a great job with the covered (and heated when necessary) patio.