“good hotel in appleton”

Fairfield Inn Appleton
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed 14 March 2013

went on a college vist and the place was fine. there is no gym so be prepared to take a hike to the local Y to work out. not very convient for a trip wehre you want to work out and shower in your room. otherwise unremarkable hotel. bright light outside of our room due ot a flood light was really annoying as well.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 March 2013

We stayed several nights here as we arrived just before a big winter storm approached. The staff at Fairfield Inn greeted us in a very friendly manner, offered us driving directions as our GPS seem to be giving us attitude that day. (LoL) Our room was very nice and our stay there very productive. Front desk and house keeping was very accomodating and we appreciate that.
Enjoyed a few near by places to eat which were recommended by the staff at Fairfield In. We also received very good service at those places too. Appleton area sure knows how to welcome guests and business. Appleton area is #1 in our book and so is Fairfield Inn. We even had time to catch up with some dear friends we haven't seen in awhile during our trip to the Fox Valley Area. This area could end up being our home one day and Fairfield was our :Welcome Wagon" experience to that decision in so many ways. Thank you kindly. Applause Applause to your staff and management team at Fairfield Inn.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Melinda V, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the kind words about our Hotel, Staff and Clean Rooms! We appreciate you letting us know that we are doing a great job and I am so glad you really enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 18 January 2013

This hotel is located in a great area with many food options. The price point was reasonable and the parking was ample. It was a busy weekend that my family and I stayed, but you can tell that this hotel is taken care of really well. The manager was working and she was amazing! So was the rest of the staff, they really went above and beyond to make us feel at home. Thats what I look for in a hotel when I travel, a clean place, where the people really make you want to stay there and this place nails it! Customer service is so poor anymore that it is really refreshing to visit a hotel and have a wonder experience. I will be back for them alone. They were really intrested in our visit and us. Thank you, I hope this team reamins intact.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Melinda V, Manager at Fairfield Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We appreciate you staying with us and hope you come to see us again!

Reviewed 28 December 2012

I'm a fanatic about maximizing my marriott points so I stay here when visiting the area. I've probably stayed around 4 times, each for a minimum of 3 nights.

As others noted it's not the cleanest place on the planet, but it's an older property. Walls are thin, floors are thin, pool is tiny, rooms are small, and a horrible view.

It should be cheaper than the $99 that I normally pay, but again, got to get those points!

Location isn't horrible, but don't expect any fine dining (or healthy) options in the area. The fitness room is tiny, and the pool is usually filled with kids and families on the weekends.

I'll still stay there, until a newer marriott in the area opens up.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank SMR_2
Reviewed 14 November 2012

The sheets were not well fitted to the mattress I slept on. When I got up in the morning and opened the curtains I noticed a GIANT urine stain on the mattress! I am done with Marriott and its poor housekeeping practices! I have never been so disgusted in my life!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We decided to go dancing in nearby St. Johns so we grabbed a Priceline hotel for the night and ended up with the Fairfield Inn. The room was large and clean. Beds were comfortable as were the pillows. The hotel is three floors and relatively small. The location is in a busy area near a mall with lots of nearby restaurants. Not much green space but it was realtvely quiet. Staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel even included a contental breakfast which was quite good -- make your own waffels, Microwavable Bacon and egg sandwiches and fresh fruit along with the usual donuts, bages, cereal, etc. Definitely a step above the lowe end hotel continetal breakfasts.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Kid friendly with very clean rooms. Exceptional staff people. Quick enter and exit to the highway with nearby shopping amenities. Breakfast was hot and fresh. I stay at many Marriott properties, and the staff at Thai location were a cut above other locations. The pool and hot tub looked new.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank BrettLittlefield
Melinda V, Manager at Fairfield Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Thank you for the great review, please stop back and visit us again!!