Fairfield Inn Appleton
US$115
ExtendedStay
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Appleton(Appleton)(Great Value!)
US$88
Cambria hotel & suites(Appleton)(Great Value!)
US$82
CopperLeaf Hotel(Appleton)
US$145
  • Restaurant
US$189
All reviewsroom was cleanwe enjoyed our overnight stayfront deskrestaurant selectioneasy accessgreat friendly staffmy home away from homeconvenience storenice staytop floorplace to stayfox river mallone night staybit datedice machinelocation is excellentbusiness trip
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed at this property in back-to-back weeks (one night stay). I was assigned the same room, as well. The property is "average" in my book. My issues were lumpy bed, a bad iron/board, and up and down wifi signal. While I didn't report any of these (that's on me), they are mainly things that housekeeping/management should be up to date on and monitor. Anyways, some of the staff was very nice and welcoming, some not so much. The breakfast area, while nice - can get crammed in the morning. Value is good, so if you subscribe to "you get what you pay for" - it's absolutely that, average. I'm guessing this property might be due for a refurb in the near future on the "soft goods" (ie. carpets, furniture, etc.).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bk_t1
Cindy E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Thank you for the kind comments regarding our staff. It is our goal to give our guests the best service possible. We certainly appreciate the feedback as it helps us to always improve. We hope you will return to stay with us again.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have stayed at this Fairfield Inn several times now and actually do prefer the smaller, but nicer and newer rooms at the neighbouring Hampton Inn. I do however need a refrigerator and I am sure to get that at this hotel and not always at the Hampton Inn.
The hotel rooms are a bit dated and looked "faded", but otherwise beds and housekeeping are OK. The breakfast area is small, but I usually take a breakfast at 6am and at that time, there are no problems in getting a table.
The front desk service differs quite a lot depending on the person present. There is a guy who always seem to be so tired, when you ask him something, and there is an older lady, who is so nice and friendly. So who is at work that day that determines how your experience will be.
I like the location close to the mall. There is a walking trail behind the Hampton Inn that will easily take you there.
They give you bottled water for free, if you are a Marriott Rewards member and I do not often experience that in other Marriott hotels (in contrast to Hilton honnors, where you get much more, when you gain status in their rewards program).

Room Tip: I have not had any problems with rooms close to the elevator, but the hotel did not seem to be fully booked during my stays and I need to get up early myself anyway.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HappyDanish
Cindy E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor. It is my hope one day soon we will we going through a renovation so our Hotel Rooms/Overall Facility will look fresh and modern. I would be interested in talking with you direct about your Staff experiences. At your convenience please feel free to call me.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying I love Marriott hotels. This hotel is on the lower end of Marriott hotels and I tried to keep that in mind. However, I always expect a good nights sleep at any hotel. I was in room 116, which is on the ground floor next to the office. I was shocked that i could actually hear the person above me walking! The floor creeks and the footsteps above are loud. It certainly does wake you up out of a sleep. Very disappointing because the people are friendly and helpful with great service given. Had it not been for the sound of a stampede happening above I would have rated it MUCH higher. Very unfortunate and now I must find sometime to sleep!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jessi R
Melinda V, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Jessi R,

I am verry sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay. We do appreciate all feedback and it will allow us to improve our guest needs. We did have a lot of people in town for basketball tournaments. Our staff tried very hard to keep the situation at hand to a minimum of disturbance. We do hope you will give us another chance. Please feel free to call me directly if you should need accomodations. (920-954-0202) We don't always have groups here and again please accept my sincere apology! Thank you.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed 3 nights at this location, up front, it is not the best Fairfield I have stayed in, but it is not the worst either. Before getting into the details of my stay, I would like to say that this hotel needs renovation and a MUCH larger breakfast area that separates the PC that they refer to as a business center. Hotel is noisy, as expected in this class, kids running up and down the hallways up to 10 PM on Friday night. The Internet is terrible on the weekend nights, so much that I had to use my cellphone to do online schoolwork. Breakfast area is very small, but serves the necessities. Finally, no fitness, but I did use the YMCA which is very nice, but a huge inconvenience for frequent travelers. Be prepared to have your photo taken at the “Y” and supply them with an ID. The staff is very hospitable however, and for the most part the stay was pain free. It has a great location to eateries. But highly recommend you avoid the Machine Shed, within walking distance, and their WALLEYE, which made myself and two other coworkers ill. That is in another review. I will be looking at a different location if ever in the area again. Overall, not recommend for business. A video is on the YouTube channel. Thanks for reading, if it helps give a thumb up!

RetiredArmyRANGER

Room Tip: Stay on top floor if you have to stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Cindy E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Retired ArmyRanger,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvsior. I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay. There were several groups staying with us that weekend and I am sorry they disturbed your stay. We are definately hoping for a renovation which would include an onsite fitness facility along with a more spacious breakfast room. I am very happy that the staff was very accomodating and friendly to you. If you would like to discuss your stay further please contact me directly at the Hotel....920-954-0202.

Thank you for staying!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed here on business. Handful of hotels in same area. Happy to stay loyal to Marriott. Courteous staff, clean, quiet, and comfortable temp in room. No problem with wireless Internet. Close to airport for meetings and downtown Appleton where I went for dinner. Great breakfast options and saw inspection of food temps by staff, which I appreciated. Just fine for my brief overnight stay. I also like that mgmt replied to most Trip Advisor posts...demonstrates great pride and customer care. Thanks for listening!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephanie N
Cindy E, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Thank you Steffanie for your kind words. I am so glad we were able to accomodate you. We will look forward to seeing you again in the future! We always strive to have great guest satisfaction! Our team takes great pride in accomplishing this. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback!