“Predictable was never better”

Fairfield Inn Appleton
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Shawnee On Delaware
“Predictable was never better”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've been staying here for several years, always in summer, always coinciding with the big EAA air show in nearby Oshkosh. So I think my judgement is as dependable as those restaurant reviewers who always go back a second or third time before passing judgement. My verdict: well managed, very clean, nice rooms, good breakfasts. And if you want more there is Five Guys and a Fuddruckers within walking distance. The only thing I can't comment on is the price. The room rate goes out of sight for the air show, when every room for fifty miles around is booked far ahead. For normal times, I think the rates are about the same as other area hotels.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, three floors elevator accessible.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Melinda V, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Appleton, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out our survey and your kinds words. We always strive to have 100% guest satisfaction. We appreciate your understanding with rates during EAA. It is always a very busy time of year for us. We do hope to see you again next year. Thank you for your loyalty to us!

Magen E.
Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located near the mall, airport and other restaurants. Ideal location for travelers however the rooms are in need if updating. They are clean but it feels more like a motel. The pool smell is overpowering and if I has traveled with my children I doubt I would have let them go swimming.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ASausen1973
Melinda V, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Appleton, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Good Evening,
I would like to apologize that we did not meet all of your expectations. I will be sure to pass along your survey and address this right away. We always strive for 100% satisfaction. We do hope you will give us another try when in ther area. Please feel free to contact us directly for any future needs you may have. Thank you again for your time.

Magen E.
Front Desk Manager
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Helpful during check in I came a couple days behind my family they kept us together same floor side by side rooms. Due I think to a baseball tournament we didn't get cookies over the weekend but hey can't fault the hotel for that. When I forget my make -up they shipped to me with no cost (fed-ex) called Monday had brushes Wednesday afternoon. 1 day shipping so very kind & they had the brushes nicely wrapped.
Breakfast was awesome every day they appeared to have extra help to clean tables replenish food. My bed wasn't lumpy as I read in previous review I slept great.
I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2014
Cindy E, Manager at Fairfield Inn Appleton, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for your review of the Appleton Fairfield Inn. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and I hope you will come stay with us again!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed at this property in back-to-back weeks (one night stay). I was assigned the same room, as well. The property is "average" in my book. My issues were lumpy bed, a bad iron/board, and up and down wifi signal. While I didn't report any of these (that's on me), they are mainly things that housekeeping/management should be up to date on and monitor. Anyways, some of the staff was very nice and welcoming, some not so much. The breakfast area, while nice - can get crammed in the morning. Value is good, so if you subscribe to "you get what you pay for" - it's absolutely that, average. I'm guessing this property might be due for a refurb in the near future on the "soft goods" (ie. carpets, furniture, etc.).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank bk_t1
Cindy E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Appleton, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Thank you for the kind comments regarding our staff. It is our goal to give our guests the best service possible. We certainly appreciate the feedback as it helps us to always improve. We hope you will return to stay with us again.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have stayed at this Fairfield Inn several times now and actually do prefer the smaller, but nicer and newer rooms at the neighbouring Hampton Inn. I do however need a refrigerator and I am sure to get that at this hotel and not always at the Hampton Inn.
The hotel rooms are a bit dated and looked "faded", but otherwise beds and housekeeping are OK. The breakfast area is small, but I usually take a breakfast at 6am and at that time, there are no problems in getting a table.
The front desk service differs quite a lot depending on the person present. There is a guy who always seem to be so tired, when you ask him something, and there is an older lady, who is so nice and friendly. So who is at work that day that determines how your experience will be.
I like the location close to the mall. There is a walking trail behind the Hampton Inn that will easily take you there.
They give you bottled water for free, if you are a Marriott Rewards member and I do not often experience that in other Marriott hotels (in contrast to Hilton honnors, where you get much more, when you gain status in their rewards program).

Room Tip: I have not had any problems with rooms close to the elevator, but the hotel did not seem to be fully...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HappyDanish
Cindy E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Appleton, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor. It is my hope one day soon we will we going through a renovation so our Hotel Rooms/Overall Facility will look fresh and modern. I would be interested in talking with you direct about your Staff experiences. At your convenience please feel free to call me.

Arlington
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying I love Marriott hotels. This hotel is on the lower end of Marriott hotels and I tried to keep that in mind. However, I always expect a good nights sleep at any hotel. I was in room 116, which is on the ground floor next to the office. I was shocked that i could actually hear the person above me walking! The floor creeks and the footsteps above are loud. It certainly does wake you up out of a sleep. Very disappointing because the people are friendly and helpful with great service given. Had it not been for the sound of a stampede happening above I would have rated it MUCH higher. Very unfortunate and now I must find sometime to sleep!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jessi R
Melinda V, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Appleton, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Jessi R,

I am verry sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay. We do appreciate all feedback and it will allow us to improve our guest needs. We did have a lot of people in town for basketball tournaments. Our staff tried very hard to keep the situation at hand to a minimum of disturbance. We do hope you will give us another chance. Please feel free to call me directly if you should need accomodations. (920-954-0202) We don't always have groups here and again please accept my sincere apology! Thank you.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed 3 nights at this location, up front, it is not the best Fairfield I have stayed in, but it is not the worst either. Before getting into the details of my stay, I would like to say that this hotel needs renovation and a MUCH larger breakfast area that separates the PC that they refer to as a business center. Hotel is noisy, as expected in this class, kids running up and down the hallways up to 10 PM on Friday night. The Internet is terrible on the weekend nights, so much that I had to use my cellphone to do online schoolwork. Breakfast area is very small, but serves the necessities. Finally, no fitness, but I did use the YMCA which is very nice, but a huge inconvenience for frequent travelers. Be prepared to have your photo taken at the “Y” and supply them with an ID. The staff is very hospitable however, and for the most part the stay was pain free. It has a great location to eateries. But highly recommend you avoid the Machine Shed, within walking distance, and their WALLEYE, which made myself and two other coworkers ill. That is in another review. I will be looking at a different location if ever in the area again. Overall, not recommend for business. A video is on the YouTube channel. Thanks for reading, if it helps give a thumb up!

RetiredArmyRANGER

Room Tip: Stay on top floor if you have to stay here.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Cindy E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Appleton, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear Retired ArmyRanger,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvsior. I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay. There were several groups staying with us that weekend and I am sorry they disturbed your stay. We are definately hoping for a renovation which would include an onsite fitness facility along with a more spacious breakfast room. I am very happy that the staff was very accomodating and friendly to you. If you would like to discuss your stay further please contact me directly at the Hotel....920-954-0202.

Thank you for staying!