“old and run down”

Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Kenosha, Wi
“old and run down”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

The carpets were dirty, motel style facility, lock the deadbolt, wish they had two. Bathroom door was about to fall off. Had to stay here, as the town was booked up due to a Packer game the next day. Too expensive for the accomadations.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank certlmn
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Appleton, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Thanks for sharing your feedback about your stay at the La Quinta Inn Appleton – Fox River. WOW – certainly not the type of stay we want any of our La Quinta guests to experience! We’re sorry about the maintenance issues you encountered. We’d like to talk to you directly about your stay. Would you reach out to us at tripadvisor@laquinta.com? We’re hoping to hear from you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Hebrew first
Madison, United States
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I spent two nights at LaQuinta Inn-Appleton during a business training session. I've stayed at several LaQuinta's over the past two years, so I know the quality can be touch and go. When I arrived, I was surprised to find two LaQuinta on the same block. One was a "suites" property and the other an "inn". Unfortunate for me, I was booked at the "inn". When I drove around the parking lot to the "inn", there were two buildings. I don't like hotels which are setup like motels. Meaning when you exit your room you are outside, instead of exiting into a hallway. The hotel's office is in the building setup like a motel. My room was in the second building w/corridors. Mind you I checked in late evening on a dark winter night. Upon driving up to the building, most of the drapes were open and the rooms were dark. No lights on. Creepy. Then I entered the building to and walked down a long hallway to reach my room. Creepy...as I realized if someone grabbed me, who would know? No surveillance cameras and the desk clerk is in a whole separate building. I prayed while quickly making my way to my room. Thankfully, my room was on the opposite end, near an exit door. A trip to the ice machine meant walking the long creepy hallway again. I passed. Figured I should wait for daylight to tackle that again. Overall I was safe. The room could use some updating. The wallpaper in the room had a lot of "patches". More than two "patches" warrants removal of the wallpaper. HK could be a little more attentive to dusting. Since it was cold outside, I was extremely thankful for the heating system which worked perfectly! If you are a solo female traveler, stay at the "suites" property.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Tracy L
Amherst, WI, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Very pleased with the looks of the room and how clean it was. The bed was the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in. We will come back to La Quinta in the future. Only complaint was the satellite was not working in our room witch was a little frustrating.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Omaha
Reviewed 21 October 2013

For the money, the hotel is adequate. Things were clean and in working order. There are two La Quintas very near each other; so of course I went to the wrong one first. Then my card key was improperly coded, so that required another long wait at the desk. Aside from that, the only item was lack of shelves in the shower. And the coffee served with breakfast wasn't brilliant.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Everything very accommodating, clean, and very reasonably priced for a sight-seeing autumn trip that included shopping near the hotel, and easy access to Door County to view the changing colors of Fall and shop in all the little towns of Door County. Beds very comfortable, very nice breakfast considering it was a Continental style. Quiet and relaxing for sleeping, too, considering it is directly off of Hwy 41 traffic. Lots of things to do in the immediate area, too (Fox Valley Mall, mini-golf, cinema, Woodmans, and numerous restaurants). I am a preferred member! We even had a fridg and microwave in the room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Keedysville, Maryland
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is a nice hotel and an affordable price. We had a King suite - lots of space, clean, and quiet. Richard, the evening desk person was pleasant, helpful and was the first person we met on site. He was so welcoming! What a nice person and face to associate with the hotel. The room was affordable, comfortable, and we'll return again. Infact, we are in just another week.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family