“Good hotel”

* Really helpful staff
* Decent breakfast
* Big rooms with microwave & mini fridge
* Very comfy beds
* Great location (close to eateries, mall, airport etc )

-ve's

* Furniture is a little tired
* a/c a little noisy
* prefer hotels with an on-site cafe/restaurant/bar or room service.

Overall, a good place to stay for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CIS-Appleton, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We hope to see you again!

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently with a friend. The hotel is close to everything. The main lobby is nice and the staff is friendly. The hotel is starting to get outdated. That being said it is still clean and well run. The breakfast in the morning was good. Overall good stay for one night.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your kind words! I will be sure to share your compliments with our staff! We are very pleased to be working toward several upgrades!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

The location of the hotel is great for shopping and very convenient because it's right off the freeway. I didn't like the fact that they don't have closets in the room. There are bars and hangers against the wall though. The warm cookies are pretty processed and so is the breakfast. There was a very friendly guy at the front desk the evening we checked in. He gave super customer service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
CIS-Appleton, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to do a review! We appreciate your kind words, and I will be sure to share your compliments with our staff!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I checked online to see if Carlson points could be used the evening of September 21st. At that time, points redemption was available. I was a few thousand points short and went online to purchase the needed points for a nights stay. As the points were not added for a couple days after the purchase, the night became unavailable during that time for points redemption. I emailed Carlson Club and they indicated they could not help me via email but to call the next day. I contacted Customer Service and explained the situation. They took the time to contact the property manager and allowed me to redeem my points for that evening. I was very happy that they were willing to accommodate my request after having spent the extra money purchasing points. When we arrived, I inquired if they were planning on setting up any breakfast items early the next morning as there was a large marathon in town I was participating in and had to leave before the breakfast time of 7a. The front desk Associate indicated they would be setting up some things early but couldn't guarantee every thing would be set out. This was greatly appreciated as I didn't need a full breakfast, just something small to get started. We then did some shopping and came back to use the pool which was nice amenity which included a hot tub. They also have free chocolate chip cookies along with coffee/tea/hot chocolate in the lobby. The rooms are starting to show their age and could use a spruce up but beds and pillows were very comfortable compared to other hotels I have stayed at recently. Rooms have a microwave and small refrigerator. Our room was also very quiet except for some hallway traffic. Had difficulties with room key but housekeeping let us in so we didn't have to run all the way back down to the front desk. When we went downstairs the next morning, the entire breakfast buffet was set up by 6a which was a welcomed sight ahead of my race! Upon arriving back at the hotel, we missed the end of breakfast and they were cleaning up. They did unlock the juice machine for us to grab a drink and allowed us to help ourselves to anything that was left. Overall, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled that we were able to accommodate you during the marathon!

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Close to mall. Pool is very nice. Rooms could use an update things are starting to show wear. Breakfast was far above average! Loved the granola, berries and yogurt to make parfaits! Staff were really friendly and helpful! It's a popular hotel with lots of people around but it was quiet and we slept very well, comfy beds!

• Stayed: September 2013
mrspaco, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are at the begining of a large renovation so you will see major improvements by your next stay.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I chose to stay at this Country Inn & Suites because my usual hotel choice was full. I won't make this mistake again. The room was horribly dated. The couch was so old and worn that when I sat on it, I would feel the frame hitting the back of my legs. The TV was small and dated. The toilet malfunctioned and would not flush. The breakfast was adequate, nothing to brag about. Thankfully I only spent one evening there. Unless they go through some major renos, I will not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

I am very sorry that you had a bad experience at our property. We are starting a major renovation, hopefully you will try us again soon. I promise you will not be dissapointed. Please contact me so we can discuss further.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I have been coming here for the last two and a half years for company business and will stay here for three or four nights every four months. The day crew here are very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean and neat, and seems that they going to start to refresh or update it a bit. The only thing I really dislike about this place is the night clerk Clint, he is very rude and arrogaunt that talks under his breath about you, he should not be working in a place where he has to interact with the public due to his people skills. He is not friendly not helpful at all and it has been more than a couple of times where he has also treated some of my co-workers in the same fashion. But hopfully you don't have to deal with him and other than him this place is very decent.

Room Tip: Deal with the day crew Clint the night clerk is not friendly everyone else is very attentive.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience, I sincerly apologize for the way you were treated by a member of our staff. As manager of the property I take your comments and feedback seriously, so thank you!