“Alexis is awesome!!”

Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Appleton
Menasha, WI
“Alexis is awesome!!”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Just wanted to let you know that we stayed at the Extended Stay America in Appleton, WI from July 7 to July 17 and while everybody was very friendly, I especially want to thank Alexis at the front desk. She was very helpful with all of our questions and needs, and always had a beautiful smile on her face, day and night. She definitely made our stay more enjoyable and stress free. Even though this hotel is not a luxury hotel, people like Alexis make us want to stay here again the next time we are in Appleton.

Dennis Nelson

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My family camped during Lifest in Oshkosh. I DON'T camp so picked the Extended Stay in Appleton. The staff was very accommodating given check in time wasn't until 3 p.m. and I showed up at 11 a.m.
My room had access to the parking lot where I had to transport quite a bit of stuff. The room was clean and did not have an odor. There were pets in the hotel but my room did not have the normal dander associated with pets and so my allergies were not triggered.
The refrigerator and stove top made things much easier since I was storing and cooking some of the food we ate during the day at the Lifest grounds.
Overall, it was a real haven from the heat and I will be back again whenever I have business in Oshkosh or Appleton.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Best choice is another hotel. The staff is very rude, I was personally accused by one of the desk staff (Deidre) for doing god knows what, and they couldn't even explain what is was i did. It's ridiculous how they can hire people who do not do a damn thing except use the business phone for personal phone calls. WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN.

Room Tip: Third floor, It's the furthest from the desk staff.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank tyler t
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Tyler - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am extremely disheartened to read that our staff was not attentive to your needs. Please know, the members of our staff are there to assist guests 24-hours a day; however, if they are receiving treatment from a guest that might seem disrespectful, they are empowered to remove themselves from the situation. Still, I will be speaking with them about your situation so that it is not repeated moving forward.

Travellers are raving about these Appleton hotels

Rhinelander, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Extended Stay America in Appleton, WI. The staff were very friendly. I had called to say I would be a late check in and Rebecca said she would have it ready. It was, As soon as I walked into the door the paperwork was all done and ready to sign. I was very tired so that was a wonderful thing. The room was clean and the carpet looked new. The next morning I saw a lady from housekeeping she greeted me with a smile and ASKED if I needed anything. The was refreshing. The flowers outside the lobby were inviting and the parking lot was clean. I will call again when I go back to the area. Which I do often.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Beth - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great comments about our staff. I really love hearing how upbeat and happy our team was when greeting you. As well, I am so glad you enjoyed your clean room and the overall atmosphere of our hotel.

Mpls, MN
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Yes the internet was very slow, But I had more problems listening to the dogs they allowed. Mostly during the dinner hour, as i was trying to work. The value overrides most of the complaints - they were very accommodating.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies for our slow internet connection and the noise disturbances you experienced due to dogs barking. To uphold our company's high standards, we are working to improve our WiFi speed and how we handle situations with pets moving forward.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly, at APP@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times in the recent months. Overall the hotel and staff are ok. The internet service is deplorable,not reliable, and extremely slow. There is only wifi in the hotel so you can not hard connect to the internet service with a lan line. The speed is worse than dial up service of 15 years ago.

The other major complaint would be that the satellite tv they offer is a complete joke,literally couple news channels, 5 crappy espn channels or so and only two showtime channels which are not good.

If you are planning on staying here and using the internet for business or pleasure you will surely be disappointed.

Room Tip: No pool and no fitness center.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that our internet connection was not working properly during your stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have been in touch with our internet provider to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, we are working to improve our channel offerings. Your remarks will definitely be taken into account as we do this.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. I invite you to contact me, at APP@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 May 2013

This hotel has the worst internet speed I have ever experienced. The hotel should be fined for offering such an awful connection. The prisons around the country might have faster internet and a better choice for the TV channels. You should consider renting a jail cell for a week rather than staying at that hotel.
They also offered a so-called breakfast. I did not even attempt to sample it because it looked so disgusting. The plastic wrapped muffins cannot be served to domestic animals because it would be regarded as animal cruelty. The coffee, in very short supply, is a rusty colored tap water which leaves you with a lasting aftertaste.
The door to the room have some sort of hinges that slams the door so hard it makes the floor shake. It makes a mini-earthquake every time someone enters or exists a room. The cabinet doors in the rooms always close with a bang so you are bound to hear your neighbors slamming the cabinet doors. Bring some extra ear plugs if you plan to stay longer than a night.

Room Tip: Try any other hotel before you consider this dump.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank John V
John - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I was disheartened to read that you were not satisfied with our internet access, television channel selection, or our newest feature, the grab and go breakfast. Please accept our apologies. Your comments will be taken into account as we work to improve all of these offerings.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at APP@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.