“Convenient, great rates, kitchen”

Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
“Convenient, great rates, kitchen”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I have stayed at the Extended Stay several times in the past several years. We have never been disappointed in the staff or accommodations. We usually stay up to four days and we especially like the kitchen facilities. We are able to stock up on food thus saving money by not having to eat out, unless we choose to do so. The motel is close to where we attend a conference so it is convenient to go back and forth.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gratefuldad30
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of our fully equipped kitchens and that our staff was accommodating.

Thank you again for your kind words. We would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. There is no activities here for anyone. No hot tub, pool, or fitness center. The only good thing about this hotel is the location. However, there are about 10 more hotels in this same area and would stay at anyone of them before I would ever stay here again. The manager had our trailer towed and when i asked where it was she said it was towed and she would call the tow company. Next day i ask the same manager whats up with our trailer she says she does not know where it is and the tow company has no record of it but assured me she was still working on it. Day 3 now and she says she doesnt know where it is but still working on it. We are due to leave on Sunday and still have no idea where our trailer is. We stayed here for a full month due to our house not being ready. This is the worst customer service i have ever had. the hallways smell of cooking and different cultures. Your room will never get cleaned unless you ask and the hallway floors always have garbabe. The police have been here several nights during our stay as well. I will never stay here again and would advise everyone looking to stay here to spend the few extra dollars elsewhere you will be much happier and thats a promise.

Room Tip: Poorest customer service I have ever had!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Bob H
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Very nice staff but the night clerk with the multiple piercings and small cuts all over her hands made me a bit uncomfortable. But she was very nice and friendly. I'm just old I guess. The daytime clerk was very nice.

Room Tip: You will live in the aroma of the person's cooking who was there before you.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank E. M. J
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your room had an odor, but can assure you that our staff is working to eliminate this. Still, I am glad that you liked the service our staff had to offer.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback.
Reviewed 27 May 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! I was charged a $200 smoking fee even though no one in my party smokes. After passing inspection and the staff not finding any proof of smoking anywhere, they still refused to grant me a refund. Nancy, girl at front desk, will try to rip you off. Jen, the assistant manager is no better. They will attempt at charging you outlandish fee's if they think you're the type of customer who wouldn't say anything. BE CAREFUL!!!!! JUST STAY AT MICROTEL OR LA QUINTA. SAME RATE AND WAYYYY BETTER STAFF.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Ann2017S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I apologize that you were not pleased with the service provided by our staff. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I am disappointed that we did not meet that goal. I will be meeting with our staff to review our customer service expectations to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Raheny,Dublin,Ireland
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Recently stayed in extended stay appleton as part of a group traveling from Ireland. We arrived at the hotel after 19 hours traveling from Ireland. We were greeted by very friendly staff that got us checked us into our rooms without any fuss. When I got to my room I realised the pillows were feather which I am allergic to. One phone call and 5 minutes later the Friendly Face of Bob arrives layden down with new anti allergic pillows for both beds.
The few times we phoned reception the folks were extremely helpful no matter what time day or night. Jen Nicole Tiffany were so professional in there dealings with all the group. The cleaning staff work hard to keep the room clean. Though they only change bedding and towels once a week. There is a laundry basket in the bathroom. Just put dirty stuff in and bring to reception and you get clean in return. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Appleton area. I will be returning to Extended stay Appleton in June and am looking forward to my stay there.

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor. Found it very quiet. Great nights sleep.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank paul74_12
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband and I were having our first night away from the kids in over a year, and we got a great deal on this hotel. We were looking forward to a quiet evening and a solid night's sleep.

We checked in and got to our room to find that it reeked of cigarette smoke. The entire hotel is supposed to be smoke-free, but the hallways also smelled strongly of smoke. I called the front desk, and they were able to switch us to a different room that smelled much better.

When we decided to go to sleep, we discovered that the bed was hard as a granite block, and the pillows were the sort that crush completely flat when you lay your head on them. We tried everything to get comfortable, but neither of us was able to sleep more than 3 hours that night. I had so been looking forward to some quality sleep, and I was bitterly disappointed.

We got up early to take advantage of the free breakfast, but that was a disappointment as well. It's a "grab and go" breakfast, and all that was available was coffee, tea, packets of hot chocolate, packets of oatmeal, muffins, and granola bars. Other than a few bruised apples, there was no fresh food at all.

We finally checked out, exhausted, aching, and hungry. I usually love staying at hotels, but although the staff was friendly and helpful, I truly can not recommend this hotel based on our experience.

Pros: friendly staff, clean room, dishes and utensils in room, good price.
Cons: cigarette smoke smell, uncomfortable bed and pillows, few TV channels, poor breakfast selection.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jeannette S
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens and friendly staff. Still, it upsets me to learn that you experienced odors during your stay. I will meet with the staff to review our cleaning procedures so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Your feedback regarding our bedding options and free grab-and-go breakfast will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel.

If you would like to provide any additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at, app@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Howell, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Everyone was kind and personable. They were quick to try and resolve any issue. The hotel was very clean and held to high standards. Very quiet except for the dog down the hall that would howl at 7am every morning but still a great place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Danielle - Thank you so much for posting a review of your stay with us. I am happy to read your comments regarding our clean hotel and kind, personable staff. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I am glad that we were able to meet this goal. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.