“Great Price No Problems”

Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
appleton
“Great Price No Problems”
Reviewed 12 September 2009

I have stayed here several times, for the price/value it can't be beat. If you want a luxury bed, stay at the CopperLeaf for 3X the price. The room was clean and check in smooth.

Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank auggiemctavish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
appleton
Reviewed 11 March 2009

I stayed for 2 months while finding a house. Paid $44 and once you stay over 30 days, you do not have to pay taxes on the rooms. The room itself was not bad, small TV with just the basic cable, no pay per view or games. The bed was terrible and I ended up sleeping on the recliner chair, which was broke and leaned to the left.
The heater had one knob broke off and it was hard to keep a steady temperture in the room. If youput on the low heat, it would heat up the room and then blow out cold air until it reached at temperture that the heat would go back on. very annoying.
One of the burners onthe stove top was not plugged in.
I had to add on to my stay twice which threw off the cleaning people. They usually only clean once a week and my day was suposed to be wednesday's, however on the two times I had to extend my stay, the romm did not get cleaned until Friday.
Again great price, but I would stay somewhere else if possible.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank w1z
Illinois
Reviewed 19 February 2009

My sister & I went to visit my Son and his girlfirend for the weekend. When we registered for our room, we were greeted with a very pleasant reception. Every one was so friendly.
My sister & I were quite pleased with our room. The room that we stayed in had two queen sized beds and was very comfortable. I picked the hotel because there is a kitchenette. The hotel supplies you with a full size refrigerator, stop top, microwave and dishes, pots and pans. This makes travel so much easier so you can make a home cooked meal which is a great plus. The room was very spacious with a table to eat at and It was so nice to have a kitchen sink too. The bathroom was very clean and has a hair dryer for your use. There also was wireless connection for your laptop.
Our stay was wonderful because the hotel was very quiet and for a change. I was able to get a good night sleep and with having a coffee pot in the room I was able to enjoy a cup of coffee in my own room.
My husband and I have stayed at the hotel before was was able to bring our little dog which was a plus. It was so much easier to bring him than to try and get some one to take care of him while we were gone.
I would always choose to stay at Extended Stay America in Appleton because the location is right off of the highway. There are stores right in the area to shop at and there are many restaurants there too. I would rate my hotel experience as A+

• Stayed January 2009
1 Thank jodykelly
Hilo, Hawaii
Reviewed 27 June 2008

We stayed here for almost 2 weeks. We needed to do some cooking, so the kitchenette with a full refrig., stovetop, few dishes, pan, pot, and utensils, was very convenient (we used 1 of 2 drinking cups for the bathroom basin). There's NO conventional oven. Our room was near the guest laundry room, which was nice. The bed was awful. If you have back or shoulder problems like I do, you may want to bring a bed top cushion and/or special pillows. No housekeeper will touch your room in less than 7 days without a small fee. Even at 7 days, they forgot a few linens. To save money, we picked up fresh bath & kitchen linen from the front desk, threw out our own trash in the nearby bin, and made our own bed. The recliner is very comfortable and a great place for a nap, but not to sleep for the night. The hotel is conveniently located two blocks from the mall. The TV Weather Channel was especially useful as we were planning to drive south by car. Be careful about billing. ESA Appleton will bill your credit card before your stay is complete. They will work with you to make changes, though.

• Liked — It's reasonable with kitchenette and nearby guest laundry
  • Disliked — No housekeeping without a fee. The worst I've experienced.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank AlohaTravelers
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 29 May 2008

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend for our National Speech and Debate tournament. I had tried to book somewhere a little more upscale, but there were two other large conventions in town at the same time and so we ended up with Extended Stay America. The rooms were just a little larger than your typical double hotel room, but the kitchenette with full refrigerator, two-burner stove, and microwave was a great use of the space. We were able to save a good deal of money by eating several of our meals in the room, which was helpful. The beds were comfortable enough, furnishings were standard but clean, and the water pressure was decent. The front desk staff were probably the best part of our stay: unfailingly polite, pleasant, and friendly. When one of the rooms' toilet developed a leak, a stop at the front desk had the situation remedied before we returned from dinner two hours later.
We paid $69 per night, which was well below the tariff at other hotels in the immediate area (we had friends staying nearby at the Holiday Inn Select and the Hampton Inn). The location was convenient for us: less than 10 minutes into downtown Appleton and near several chain restaurants as well as the Fox River Mall, if that's your thing. A fine and dandy stay.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Thin blankets
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank oliviasaru
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 26 October 2007

This hotel is new and very well planned. You could stay here quite comfortably for several days. Nice bed, nice bathroom, well-equipped kitchen and plenty of space. We were very suspicious when we booked this hotel because it was so much cheaper than the surrounding hotels. Now we will go back and will certainly try other Extended Stay America prorperties.

1 Thank NatureMom50
Watertown, WI.
Reviewed 23 May 2007

We have stayed at this ESA 10-112 times over the last 5 years. Rooms are clean and well furnished. The staff has always been pleasant and responsive. This hotel has earned our business.

• Liked — Great value and friendly service.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)