All reviews cigarette butts new carpeting large flat screen tv queen bed great hotel for the price laundry room sausage patties night stay stayed nights a wonderful stay convenient location nice room yogurt complimentary breakfast fox river mall microwave gal
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Rude and unhelpful front desk staff. They are very stingy with early check ins and late checkouts, even if the hotel is nowhere near fully booked. They are lazy and always outside smoking, and wouldn't even let me leave my luggage at the front desk until I could check in. I don't drive and came here in an Uber and it was a pain to haul my luggage all over the place until I could check in. They had a microwave in the room, but no refrigerator.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2018

I stayed for one night and the hotel was not quiet. The floor above me was very loud at 1 am with excessive banging. When I called the front desk, the clerk was not fluent in English and thought I wanted a wake-up call in the morning. Overall, the hotel was not well-maintained, machines were market "out of order," the sidewalks and front entrance were torn up, and the hotel staff were outside the front entrance smoking. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor may be quieter, but elevator is old and slow.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank ehhowell1
Reviewed 16 August 2018

We stayed there at this location on 08/11/2018 in room 224 we got in and pulled off mattress cover due to a smell and found some body fluid stain and spoke to front counter with no response. spoke with manager and she is still booking that room even though they know about the body fluid stain. she stated that it is her hotel and their is nobody above her. So please check your mattress before booking here.Staff is really rude and very unprofessional.

Room Tip: please check your mattress first
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2018

During the last week of July the EAA's Airventure happens at Oshkosh WI and accommodation is at a premium even as far as Appleton and beyond. As a result all the hotels double or triple their rates during this period so best to avoid the region unless attending the airshow. Microtel was no exception jacking up the price to over $300 per night for a modest (2 star?) no frills budget hotel. Otherwise, clean and functional.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We just spent 4 nights at this hotel. Our last night was very scary. After being woke up at a little after midnight to slamming doors,yelling and banging on the walls, we called the front desk to ask for assistance only to have the people causing the disturbance continually banging on our door until 430 am. The front desk told them we complained so I guess they were angry with us. It was just me and my son along with his girl friend and I wasn't opening the door for anyone. We were very scared and got absolutely no rest. To top it off we were charged over $350 per night only to realize this room typically rents for less than $75. I understand trying to capitalize on the aviation show, but this is highway robbery. Unbelievable. I would not ever recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family