“Very Good Value” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Very Good Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

We stayed at the Grand Stay for 2 nights for a recent wedding. The rooms were clean and spacious. The pool was small, but our kids enjoyed it. The complementary chips and salsa was a pleasant surprise which I have not experienced in other hotels. We will be back in June for another wedding and will plan on staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Amy S, Executive Office at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Cindi N
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we look forward to seeing you in June.

Every Guest ~ Every Time

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Escanaba, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

The Grandstay was a great stay for my wife and I. The staff endured this with good service and a good product. We couldn't be more pleased. Our visit was to see a doctor for an operation. The staff went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable every day of our stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Richard2316
Amy S, Executive Office at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Greetings from Appleton,
Thank You for writing us a nice review and Thanks for your kind words about our Hotel and Staff. We wish your wife good luck with her operation and welcome you back anytime.

Mogadore, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

My daughter and I stayed here in early December 2013. This is by far the most enjoyable hotel stay that I have ever experienced. The room was amazing, the beds were wonderful, the breakfast is certainly a good addition and the staff is unbelievably attentive and generous. My daughter encountered a situation with a minor car wreck prior to checking out. I was not with her as I had stayed in our hotel room due to a foot surgery and not being very mobile yet. I called the front desk, explained the situation and they offered for me stay in the room as long as we needed while my daughter handled business. They certainly could've made me pack up and sit in the lobby to wait. I was extremely grateful and so was my foot. haha I wish ALL hotels had this environment and staff!!! If I ever make it back to Appleton, this will be where we stay!!!

Room Tip: We had a second floor unit. No problems or concerns whatsoever.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kimph28
Hello from Appleton,
I hope your foot is healing well. Thank You for your lovely review and wonderful compliments. We enjoyed having you and hopefully you might visit us again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Very friendly and accomidating staff - the bar was handy and breakfast was OK. I would like to see the breakfast change some from day to day. Plenty of resturants close by but not really withind walking distance. I will stay here next time I'm in Appleton.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Happy New Year,
Thanks for your review and compliments about our staff and Hotel. We are in the middle of preparing a new menu for the breakfast so stay tuned for the new changes coming soon. I did overhear about custom omelets, pancakes and cinnamon rolls to all be a surprise. Hope to see you very soon.

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Always a great place to stay. Hotel is very clean and welcoming, breakfast hits the spot. Will definitely be back. Have been here 4x in the past year, never a complaint. Close to mall(within walking distance) and lots of choices for dinning close by.

Room Tip: Close to everything.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Happy New Year,
Thanks for writing us a review and thanks for your compliments. We hope to see you again soon.

Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed Dec. 21st and 22nd for a Green Bay Packer game. The hotel was very nice. The rooms were clean and pleasant. My husband and I slept on a King size bed. The pillows were also nice. Room service was great, when I asked for extra towels, the girls were pleasant and got them right away. We really liked the breakfast right there at the hotel. It is close to the Mall and restaurants! We would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Appleton,

Thank you for the positive feedback. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our team. Thank you for mentioning the things you love about the GrandStay Hotel. As you discovered, we are fortunate to have a wonderful staff. Thank you for your kind words especially regarding the kind attention you received from our staff. It is our greatest pleasure to pamper our guests. We look forward to your next visit to the Appleton area.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed here consistently during 2013 because it's just a nice, comfortable place. I don't really let free cookies when you register influence my decisions about a hotel. The rooms are clean and bright. The arch that seperates the sleep area from the sitting area is a nice visual touch that contrasts the room.The king bed is a delight to crawl into and receive a good night's sleep. Pillows are ample because I like to snuggle. The staff is friendly, accomodating, and conversational, which is nice when on business trips.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Amy S, Guest Relations Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Happy New Year Rick,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel and most importantly your comments about our employees and their service. We pride ourselves on our high service standards and providing a welcome and positive environment for our guests. I will make the staff aware of your glowing review, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Appleton.