“still #1”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Always have loved this place and never had a bad experience. When you go, go early as it does get busy fast. Enjoyed a drink in the lounge which has a piano bar as well. There is a small appetizer station to "wet" the appetite...not a large selection, but fresh and healthy. Then you get soup and salad if you order an entre as well as choice of potatoe and fresh rolls.
I had the tenderloin and broiled scallops this last visit. Both meats just melted in my mouth!
The waitress checked on us often and was very friendly. I left knowing I would definitely be back soon!

3  Thank robin g
There are newer reviews for George's Steakhouse

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We were a group of 5, 3 Generations. Service was always poor, but we liked the steaks, Service was very bad, drinks took forever. The thing that was the last straw was the screaming children.

1  Thank Joanne J
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We visited this restaurant the Saturday before Easter this year. We had reservations early. Still had to wait to be seated. Service was ok...friendly. Food was poor. Steak was tough, salad was tasteless. Choice of soup came with the meal...several of us ordered French Onion Soup. I have NEVER had French Onion soup without cheese melted on top...this soup was like dishwater.
We will not return to this restaurant.

2  Thank GrammaDi
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

After talking about trying Georges for years, we finally made it! So sorry that we hadn't gone sooner! From the moment that you walk in the door you can tell that it has a beautiful supper club appeal. Our stay at the bar was short as we had gotten there early, but service was very good. So were the cocktails! Dinner was wonderful. An appetizer bar for starts. Then an out of this world dinner including soup, salad and a potato. Bread and crackers with butter. I had the steer tenderloin with scallops. I dont think I had to chew either of them because they melted in my mouth. My husband had prime rib that was incredible! Cant wait to get back there!!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We came as a group of 4. We had to wait for a while because we didn't have reservations. So we sat at the piano bar. Bill Steinert came in and started playing the piano and singing. We met a lot of wonderful people and we had a blast. It was so much fun we almost didn't want to leave to go eat. However, it was a good thing we did because the food was amazing! Afterwards, we went back to the piano bar and continued to have a fun night. We're looking forward to coming back with more friends and family.

1  Thank Jodi A