“Cena”

Ranked #16 of 370 Restaurants in Appleton
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in historic downtown Appleton, Wisconsin, Cena features exposed brick walls, wood flooring, and a pressed tin ceiling. The building was designed by famed Wisconsin architect William Waters.
USA
“Cena”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great music and drinks. Upscale. Bartender knew his stuff.Nice subdues atmosphere allowing conversation.Good jazz.

Visited October 2013

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Thank you, but no thank you”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I first want to praise CENA for making things right with us. Our meal was short of terrible and they offered to take 50% off so we may give them another chance. Not sure we will, but we sincerely appreciated this. We ordered the Chicago Tots for our appetizer. Not sure what made them "Chicago" --pulled pork and homemade tater tots? The homemade tots were almost burnt. I am kicking myself that I didnt photograph this!!! Not appealing at all. I ordered the Vegetable Ragout with Gnocchi. I asked what vegetables it contained when I ordered it. She rattled off quite a few, and what I got was a mushroom ragout with one piece of a sliced carrot, and the rest I couldnt really identify. The gnocchi were mini bread rolls. I am serious. Again, why didnt I photograph this? Because its very hard to even believe someone can get gnocchi SOOO wrong!! The answer to that was the chefs like to change things up a bit. Well then don't say "gnocchi" on your menu, if you are going to serve mini buns with my Ragout!! yuk. My husband ordered the special - Meatloaf that sounded wonderful. Too salty, his veggies were undercooked. Carrots were raw. Ginger mashed potatoes, had no hint of ginger. I do love the atmosphere. Service was good, except waiting quite a while for our second glass of wine. Unfortunately, my husband is less forgiving than I, so we wont be back, CENA. I may come back with friend and I really hope you can redeem yourself.

Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
“Added to our list of Appleton favorites”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Cena Restaurant has a very creative menu - the Chicken Roulade is wonderful and their fish specials never disappoint. We dine there on evenings with live music and the jazz we have listened to has added enjoyment to our date nights. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere upbeat.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Julie C
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Best Kept Secret in Appleton!!!”
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Wow!!!! What a great place! Really nice menu, with the emphasis on smoked food. The Chef is able to make some really magical dishes - Chicken Roulade was tremendous!!! Good choice of tap beers complete the list. And to top it off - portions are well sized, not too big and not too small. Smoked brisket is the next potential target on their menu.

Menasha, Wisconsin
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews thought I would give a try. Atmosphere is pleasent. Menu is limited. Food is over priced. Seafood pasta is $21. People are nice. Service is on the slower side even for fine dining. Dish was OK. Not sure what all the fuss is about.