“You can't go wrong here”

Candlewood Suites Appleton
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This is another nice Candlewood property in a nice location. You can walk to the BWW for a spotted cow and be back in your cozy room in no time. Rooms were exceptionally clean with the usual comforts of Candlewood. They will get my business every time I am in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Thank you for your review! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and that you took the time to pass the word. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I travel to this area several times a year and have always looked for the best value in both price and quality. After staying here twice, I give this place two thumbs up! It has been a quiet place both times (perhaps as they cater to business travelers more than families or weekend partiers) which is essential when on the road. My last stay was for two weeks and i met most of the hotel staff (including housekeeping and repairs) and everyone was wonderful (special props to Kim). This was the most welcoming group of employees I can ever recall meeting and this seems to say a lot about management and working atmosphere. When I had to rearrange my length of stay, they were very accommodating.

The hotel itself could use a bit of a minor facelift as the carpeting shows wear in the rooms. The rooms themselves were perfect for what amenities I needed including a full sized refrigerator and mini kitchen. I also would like to see a handicapped switch to automatically open the outside doors when my arms are full of luggage.

I loved the free laundry facility. The workout room was perfect for my needs.

A special note here for Apple (iPad, etc.) products users: the hotel WiFi is incompatible with your device until you call the local provider and have them set up your device with their service (which is free but kind of a pain). I've had this issue before in Appleton and this hotel was the first one to point this out to me. But if you don't want to go to the trouble, there is a strong 4G signal in the area.

All in all, I would (and will) stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Thank you!!! We truly enjoy hearing what our guests have to say. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and I will pass this on to all my team. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

We chose the Candlewood Suites in Appleton because we wanted to be close to the airport as we had a very early flight. The hotel does not have it's own shuttle vehicle, instead they arrange for a taxi for transportation. They made all arrangments and the taxi was prompt for our 4:15am departure.
The room had a stove, full refrigerator, dishwasher and dishes. The frig even had an icemaker. Way more than necessary for an overnight stay, but very nice to have as we had food with us.
Beds were extremely comfortable, An office chair and a recliner chair are included in furnishings. Very clean, and everything is updated. No desk clerk on over night. but not a problem.
When we returned home, we just got a taxi to get back to the hotel and the hotel paid for it.
I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone needing to stay near Fox River Mall or the airport, or even for just a hotel stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review!! We work hard here at Candlewood Suites to make sure you have an enjoyable stay. Thank you for spreading the word!

Reviewed 3 January 2013

I have stayed here a few times in 2012 and each time was satisfying. Restaurants and mall within 10 minutes or less. Staff members are attentive, down to earth, and respectful. Afterall, you treat others how you'd like to be treated. I've traveled and stayed in enough hotels to gain knowledge of the different types of hotels and their ammenties (people need to do their research and understand hotels have different owners, which means it's not going to be the same everywhere). And this hotel is convenient; simple and clean. Also, with a kitchenette (because it's an extended stay type, including complimentary popcorn, coffee, tea, and utensils), it's very accommodating. If it's slow, feel free to ask for an upgrade. Not guranteed but it's okay to ask. The suites are spacious with a large table—thankful for when you have a lot of paperwork and what not. I know of high volume hotels that are in bad shape and still expect a guest to pay $130+? Bogus! I have my standards, but Candlewood is one to make me humble. Downfalls would be how they don't offer complimentary items, say if one forgets their toothbrush; however, there is a gift shop on site. Also, I'd say it's more for business stays—no pool/hot tub. But there is a fitness room. I believe there is a laundry facility and it may be of no charge. I know I've been to one Candlewood and they didn't charge, which is nice. One thing, as a traveler, tip. Someone else is cleaning up after you. Even though I had to wake up early in the morning to get to work, I had 15 seconds to at least grab my used towels and throw them in the tub—as a thank you for making my stay comfortable. Never complain if it's unnecessary. If you're ever unsure if you want to stay somewhere once you've arrived, ask for a tour. Or unsatisfied, don't hesitate to speak up. Let's be realistic here, you know a bad worker when you see them. But I've grown to recognize and build relationships with hotel staff and they're oridnary people just like us catering to our needs. I hope this review helped and goodluck in finding a hotel that best suits your needs! Don't forget to enroll as a member. It's free and who wouldn't want to accumlate points for spending their own money?

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank chi0628
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Thank you! Your review about your stay at Candlewood Suites Appleton was very nice. You really went into detail about your stays and our team and the hotel in general. I appreciate the time you took to do this. If there is anything you need during your stays please do not hesitate on asking.

Julie

Reviewed 26 November 2012

We recently stayed 4 nights at the Candlewood Suites in Appleton, Wisconsin. The staff was so friendly and helpful. They have a little "store" and give you $4 "scrip" to spend there on the honor system. All the food items are the same price as a grocery store and perfect for the microwave or stovetop. Kitchen has plenty of pans, dishes, etc. We had wanted a place where we could make all our breakfasts and maybe a small lunch if necessary. This was perfect for that. Our first impression of the suite was its cleanliness. The suite was a little more compact than we expected but such a value. Beds a little better than okay but the pillows were GREAT. We spent most of our time visiting family so were not in the room until evening. It is walking distance to a dozen great restaurants if you wish to eat out and actually, if nice weather, it is walking distance to the Fox River Mall. We really loved this charming little motor inn. And again, the staff was so friendly and accommodating. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Tonnatraveler
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Thank you for your review on your stay with us at Candlewood Suites in Appleton. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return! We were also happy to see you enjoyed our Candlewood Cupboard stocked full of goodies. And yes we are in walking distance to several places for good shopping and good food! Thank you! Julie Putzer

Reviewed 1 October 2012

Don't forget that your room will not be made up each day. The woman at the front desk was very nice! The hotel is basic and not too expensive for a place to stay not too far away for a Green Bay game. Go Pack Go!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Dunn45
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Thank you for the review. Yes we only have housekeeping once every seven days for the guest privacy and to have keep our rates low here at Candlewood Suites. Keep in mind if you should need any fresh linens during your stay you can get them at the front desk. Once again Thank you! Julie Putzer

Reviewed 27 June 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice now & love it. It is a extended stay hotel so the rooms have full size fridges and microwaves in the rooms, which is nice even when staying for just one night. The location is very close to shopping and restaurants. Beds are very comfortable. I will definitely stay here again when traveling to Appleton!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank becky233
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Good morning,

Thank you so much for the kind review about your stay with us here at Candlewood Suites. We look forward to your next trip and if there is anything we can do for you please let us know. Once again Thank you!