“Way better than the big hotel across the street!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of CopperLeaf Hotel

CopperLeaf Hotel
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
madison, WI
“Way better than the big hotel across the street!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2011

We just returned from our 4th stay at Copperleaf. We really love this place! It is so clean and convenient. My husband was at a conference across the street at the large hotel. We stayed there once and it doesn't even come close to Copperleaf. The staff is very friendly and always willing to accomodate or help out in any way. Everytime we are in the area we will choose to stay at Copperleaf.
BTW-if you have time a visit to the spa is a must!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MLH91

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2011

The Copper Leaf is an incredibly charming hotel that totally exceeded my expectations! My room had it all… a fireplace, whirlpool, and upgraded bath amenities. Be sure to use the spa which was amazing!!! Everybody on the staff was so accommodating and efficient. We were really happy with the location and I would highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

I travel to Appleton frequently, but have never stayed at the CopperLeaf before. I booked a reservation for Saturday, January 29th, and since it was a special occasion, I reserved a Silver Suite (with fireplace and jacuzzi).

Upon check-in, I was informed that the Silver Suites were completely sold out. I explained that I had booked in advance by phone to reserve the suite. The clerk indicated that she did indeed show that, but that there was no suite for me. I certainly don’t understand how reservations can be taken when there’s no availability!

I’m sure my surprise and disappointment was quite evident on my face – after all, I was expecting to surprise my partner with a fireplace and Jacuzzi, and had been hinting at it for days. Yet the clerk wasn’t particularly apologetic, even. I had no other choice but to accept the standard room.

Unfortunately, my impression of the CopperLeaf never recovered from the very sour note caused by the reservation error and nonchalant clerk. I wrote to General Manager Dan Schetter two weeks ago, and haven't even received a response of any sort.

I certainly can’t recommend the CopperLeaf in good conscience, and had much higher expectations for an “upscale hotel.”

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Megamert
dans1, General Manager at CopperLeaf Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2011
Thank you for your review and making me aware of your disappointing experience. I assume full responsibility for any error on the part of my team or I. Please accept my personal apology for your disappointing experience.

I have no doubt that you composed and sent me a letter however, I regret that I have not received it. Addressing guest concerns in the hope of earning their loyalty is very important to me. I would have responded quicky had I received your letter with contact information.

I am sorry that my guest service representative was not more apologetic and was unable to rectify the problem to your satisfaction. With the hotel being fully occupied, she likely felt her hands were tied with little or no option of obtaining the room type you indicated you reserved. Is it possible her effort and attention put towards finding a possible solution made her come across less apologetic? As we strive to accommodate our guests in a manner that meets their expectations, I regret that we are prone to the possibility of human error. Once I review your reservation, I will investigate what might have happened in order to offer you an explanation and work to prevent such a problem from reoccuring.

I am please to see that you travel to Appleton frequently. This being the case, I am hopeful that, once we connect, I will be able to resolve this matter to your satisfaction.
New London, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2011

The Copperleaf Hotel is the best kept secret in Appleton Wisconsin. This wonderful boutique hotel has the best most beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, and best service I've ever had in the Appleton area. The hotel is clean, modern and very well appointed.
Hotel Amenities
BenMarNico's
• Adjacent Restaurant:
Black & Tan Grille

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
dans1, General Manager at CopperLeaf Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2011
Thank you for your kind words about the Copperleaf. However, I hope you'll help us to "not" be the best kept secret. Tell your freinds,family and business associates! My team and I would love to have the opportunity to serve them all!
wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2011

Great Hotel, decent prices. Located downtown near another famous hotel which houses the team who plays against the Packers. Very good breakfast, more than continental. Rooms were clean, large, temperature controlled, green. The bed was comfortable. The hot tub was great! Refrigerator with items to be purchased under lock and key. Microwave there. A big screen TV in the living room and a big screen in the bedroom over the fireplace. Very reasonable. Under $200.
The restaurant downstairs was too expensive for what we got. Limited menu. Everything was over $25.00. Martini's $9.00
Lambeau stadium is about a half an hour away. Great place to stay for a packer game.

Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your review! I'm pleased to see you and your family enjoyed the many ammenities of the CopperLeaf and you perceived the hotel to be a value. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Lambeau Field and that your team won. (Admittedly, I am a Packer's fan so I hope the Packer's were your team of choice!)

I'm sorry you believed the restaurant to be overpriced. The Black & Tan is an upscale restaurant where we strive to offer our guests a memorable dining experience with a high level of service and quality entrees. That being said, check us out in a few months as we are planning what we believe will be very pleasant and exciting changes.

I hope we can expect you for a return visit!
Neenah, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2011

Enjoyed a couples retreat package! The Spa is first rate! Staff friendly and polite! Hotel is first rate! Quiet,clean and Superb facilities! Excellent Service!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
My team and I are so very pleased you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for complimenting the Spa, hotel facilities and the excellent service provided by the staff! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2010

This is a very nice boutique hotel centrally located in downtown Appleton. The rooms are very comfortable nice, clean and nicely furnished. Good fitness center. Complimentary breakfast with standard self-service fare. Biggest issue was thin walls - loud neighbors interrupted sleep twice during the night. Shower water pressure average. Staff not particularly friendly, but adequate / professional. Value was good - would likely return, but try for a quieter area of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. Feedback from our guests is essential in helping my team and I improve and make visits for our future guests pleasant and memorable.

I was pleased to see you enjoyed most of the amenities of the hotel however, was sorry to learn of you disappointment regarding “noise”. Please accept my apologies. Generally speaking, noise from other rooms or guests isn’t a problem considering the majority of our guests are single business men and women during the week and couples staying for romantic getaways on the weekend. However, like any hotel, we are exposed to the possibility of disruption from guests who simply may be disrespectful and become unreasonably loud. If a situation like that develops at our hotel, or any hotel, please call the front desk so that we can make the effort to get the situation under control. I can surely understand your disappointment considering you were awaken from your sleep.

I appreciate you noting the staff was professional yet did not meet your expectation of friendliness. This is not typical of the level of freindliness regularly provided by our team. However, I will surely share your comments with my team members to make them aware of your experience. Our desire is to at least meet our guests' expectations and we will continue work toward that goal.