“Better than the norm at this price point”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of CopperLeaf Hotel

CopperLeaf Hotel
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
Charlotte, NC, USA
“Better than the norm at this price point”
Reviewed 18 June 2011

The Copperleaf is located in downtown Appleton and convenient to many businesses and restaurants. Parking is located on the side street in an adjacent parking deck ($2 per entry). The decor of the lobby and bar feels like a more expensive, boutique hotel. The front desk staff were very friendly and managed the check-in and check-out processes very efficiently The room and bath were large and extremely clean with a tasteful decor (see photo). The included breakfast was standard fare for a mid-level hotel.

I stayed at the Copperleaf based on recommendations from some of my co-workers and found the accommodations to be very comfortable and significantly better than the norm at this price point. I will definitely consider the Copperleaf on my next visit to Appleton.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and 3 other couples stayed at the CopperLeaf while attending the Kenny Chesney concert in Green Bay. We had arrived early hoping to get into our rooms and they were all ready. Check in was so easy and fast. This was the 2nd time my husband and I have stayed here and knew it was such a nice hotel. Check out was just as fast and easy as it was checking in. When we got home and I unpacked my bags I had realized that I left some of my jewelry at the hotel ugh!!! I called them right away Monday and to my surprise the cleaning lady turned it in and they have mailed it all back to me!!! My husband and I will be coming back for sure!

Room Tip: Go with the suites very nice!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
USA
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My friends and I went up to Appleton to see family and friends over the Memorial Day weekend. I'm pleased to say that any issues from my last stay sure didn't apply this time around. Everyone was polite and service was impeccable. The Copperleaf has just become the only game in town, as far as I'm concerned!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 May 2011

This hotel was clean, easy to get around and had everything we needed. The free breakfast was top notch with fresh pastries, eggs, sausage, yogurts, fresh fruit, coffee, juice, breads and more. (We were expecting something generic, but this was better than any other free hotel breakfast.) The room was very clean with Aveda bathroom amenities. The tub comfortably fits one person and the whirlpool jets are not to be missed. The shower's water pressure leaves a little to be desired, but worked fine. The bathroom was also well stocked with q-tips and cotton balls, (which not many hotels do), and it was a very welcome touch. The bed was comfortable and the room was stocked with extra pillows. The fridge holds an honor bar, but also allowed us to chill our own soda and water. The TV is small, but we didn't mind. The staff was very friendly and made us very comfortable. The parking garage behind the hotel is host to other businesses also, but the access was great. Parking costs $2 for each entry. We didn't need our car for the night, so it worked out great. Room service is great! The menu looked a bit boring, but we weren't in the mood to walk somewhere for dinner, so we ordered pasta, chicken and cheese curds (a must). Everything was better than expected and really good. (The fettuccine noodles are so wide - amazing!) We saw a show at the Fox Cities PAC and it was about a 3 minute walk (we only crossed one road, it's about a block). We're already looking for future shows to go to so we can stay at this hotel again. The only downside was the trains at night, but we were able to sleep through the one or two train horns. The walls are a bit thin as we could hear our neighbor before the evening, but then we didn't hear them again, so they didn't keep us up. The room was equipped with a sound machine/alarm clock that we put to use with the rain forest sounds, which we really liked. (We're now on the lookout for one - we slept that good). The spa is NOT to be missed. The prices are great and the service is really excellent. I had the best massage ever and I can't wait to go back. My husband used the workout room and really liked the equipment. We're definitely coming back.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travelzoe
madison, WI
Reviewed 16 April 2011

We just returned from our 4th stay at Copperleaf. We really love this place! It is so clean and convenient. My husband was at a conference across the street at the large hotel. We stayed there once and it doesn't even come close to Copperleaf. The staff is very friendly and always willing to accomodate or help out in any way. Everytime we are in the area we will choose to stay at Copperleaf.
BTW-if you have time a visit to the spa is a must!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MLH91
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 27 March 2011

The Copper Leaf is an incredibly charming hotel that totally exceeded my expectations! My room had it all… a fireplace, whirlpool, and upgraded bath amenities. Be sure to use the spa which was amazing!!! Everybody on the staff was so accommodating and efficient. We were really happy with the location and I would highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
USA
Reviewed 22 February 2011

I travel to Appleton frequently, but have never stayed at the CopperLeaf before. I booked a reservation for Saturday, January 29th, and since it was a special occasion, I reserved a Silver Suite (with fireplace and jacuzzi).

Upon check-in, I was informed that the Silver Suites were completely sold out. I explained that I had booked in advance by phone to reserve the suite. The clerk indicated that she did indeed show that, but that there was no suite for me. I certainly don’t understand how reservations can be taken when there’s no availability!

I’m sure my surprise and disappointment was quite evident on my face – after all, I was expecting to surprise my partner with a fireplace and Jacuzzi, and had been hinting at it for days. Yet the clerk wasn’t particularly apologetic, even. I had no other choice but to accept the standard room.

Unfortunately, my impression of the CopperLeaf never recovered from the very sour note caused by the reservation error and nonchalant clerk. I wrote to General Manager Dan Schetter two weeks ago, and haven't even received a response of any sort.

I certainly can’t recommend the CopperLeaf in good conscience, and had much higher expectations for an “upscale hotel.”

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Megamert
dans1, General Manager at CopperLeaf Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2011
Thank you for your review and making me aware of your disappointing experience. I assume full responsibility for any error on the part of my team or I. Please accept my personal apology for your disappointing experience.

I have no doubt that you composed and sent me a letter however, I regret that I have not received it. Addressing guest concerns in the hope of earning their loyalty is very important to me. I would have responded quicky had I received your letter with contact information.

I am sorry that my guest service representative was not more apologetic and was unable to rectify the problem to your satisfaction. With the hotel being fully occupied, she likely felt her hands were tied with little or no option of obtaining the room type you indicated you reserved. Is it possible her effort and attention put towards finding a possible solution made her come across less apologetic? As we strive to accommodate our guests in a manner that meets their expectations, I regret that we are prone to the possibility of human error. Once I review your reservation, I will investigate what might have happened in order to offer you an explanation and work to prevent such a problem from reoccuring.

I am please to see that you travel to Appleton frequently. This being the case, I am hopeful that, once we connect, I will be able to resolve this matter to your satisfaction.