“we loved it and we'll be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of CopperLeaf Hotel

CopperLeaf Hotel
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
St. Petersburg, Florida
“we loved it and we'll be back”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

The service was excellent at the copper leaf. we had a couple requests during our stay and they were right on it in 5-6 minutes. The room was immaculate with very warm color tone and an incredible bed. there was plenty of space for clothes, a very large lazy boy type chair, a nice desk with ergonomic chair, wonderful lighting and art work. The bathroom was quite large and well supplied with some upscale soaps etc. they serve up a hot breakfast each morning and the 3 nights we were there, I remember it being a smorgasborg of eggs bacon sausage french toast bagels muffins cereal milk juices ( a $20 meal per person) all at no charge, included with the room. They also leave out the coffee all day and tea as well. The exercise room was one of the better one's out there equivelent to what the Hyatt hotel chain provides. Plus you cannot beat the location , right in the heart of downtown and all the shops etc. there is a star bucks 2 blocks away. Free internet is included and the salon spa they have downstairs adjacent to the exercise room provides wonderful massages at unusually good prices. Over all our stay at the copper leaf in appleton was like a fairy tale. Thank You !

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Charlotte, NC, USA
Reviewed 18 June 2011

The Copperleaf is located in downtown Appleton and convenient to many businesses and restaurants. Parking is located on the side street in an adjacent parking deck ($2 per entry). The decor of the lobby and bar feels like a more expensive, boutique hotel. The front desk staff were very friendly and managed the check-in and check-out processes very efficiently The room and bath were large and extremely clean with a tasteful decor (see photo). The included breakfast was standard fare for a mid-level hotel.

I stayed at the Copperleaf based on recommendations from some of my co-workers and found the accommodations to be very comfortable and significantly better than the norm at this price point. I will definitely consider the Copperleaf on my next visit to Appleton.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and 3 other couples stayed at the CopperLeaf while attending the Kenny Chesney concert in Green Bay. We had arrived early hoping to get into our rooms and they were all ready. Check in was so easy and fast. This was the 2nd time my husband and I have stayed here and knew it was such a nice hotel. Check out was just as fast and easy as it was checking in. When we got home and I unpacked my bags I had realized that I left some of my jewelry at the hotel ugh!!! I called them right away Monday and to my surprise the cleaning lady turned it in and they have mailed it all back to me!!! My husband and I will be coming back for sure!

Room Tip: Go with the suites very nice!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
USA
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My friends and I went up to Appleton to see family and friends over the Memorial Day weekend. I'm pleased to say that any issues from my last stay sure didn't apply this time around. Everyone was polite and service was impeccable. The Copperleaf has just become the only game in town, as far as I'm concerned!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 May 2011

This hotel was clean, easy to get around and had everything we needed. The free breakfast was top notch with fresh pastries, eggs, sausage, yogurts, fresh fruit, coffee, juice, breads and more. (We were expecting something generic, but this was better than any other free hotel breakfast.) The room was very clean with Aveda bathroom amenities. The tub comfortably fits one person and the whirlpool jets are not to be missed. The shower's water pressure leaves a little to be desired, but worked fine. The bathroom was also well stocked with q-tips and cotton balls, (which not many hotels do), and it was a very welcome touch. The bed was comfortable and the room was stocked with extra pillows. The fridge holds an honor bar, but also allowed us to chill our own soda and water. The TV is small, but we didn't mind. The staff was very friendly and made us very comfortable. The parking garage behind the hotel is host to other businesses also, but the access was great. Parking costs $2 for each entry. We didn't need our car for the night, so it worked out great. Room service is great! The menu looked a bit boring, but we weren't in the mood to walk somewhere for dinner, so we ordered pasta, chicken and cheese curds (a must). Everything was better than expected and really good. (The fettuccine noodles are so wide - amazing!) We saw a show at the Fox Cities PAC and it was about a 3 minute walk (we only crossed one road, it's about a block). We're already looking for future shows to go to so we can stay at this hotel again. The only downside was the trains at night, but we were able to sleep through the one or two train horns. The walls are a bit thin as we could hear our neighbor before the evening, but then we didn't hear them again, so they didn't keep us up. The room was equipped with a sound machine/alarm clock that we put to use with the rain forest sounds, which we really liked. (We're now on the lookout for one - we slept that good). The spa is NOT to be missed. The prices are great and the service is really excellent. I had the best massage ever and I can't wait to go back. My husband used the workout room and really liked the equipment. We're definitely coming back.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travelzoe
madison, WI
Reviewed 16 April 2011

We just returned from our 4th stay at Copperleaf. We really love this place! It is so clean and convenient. My husband was at a conference across the street at the large hotel. We stayed there once and it doesn't even come close to Copperleaf. The staff is very friendly and always willing to accomodate or help out in any way. Everytime we are in the area we will choose to stay at Copperleaf.
BTW-if you have time a visit to the spa is a must!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MLH91
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 27 March 2011

The Copper Leaf is an incredibly charming hotel that totally exceeded my expectations! My room had it all… a fireplace, whirlpool, and upgraded bath amenities. Be sure to use the spa which was amazing!!! Everybody on the staff was so accommodating and efficient. We were really happy with the location and I would highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business